1. Default Sears Cup

LOUISIANA SCHOOLS:
    LSU - #10
    Tulane - #100
    Louisiana La. - #182
    NW LA - #206
    LA. Tech - #239

Louisiana La. ranked #3 in State

Here is why LSU only placed 10th and Louisiana wasn't on the radar. On the Division 1 team side you earn points with the team bracket method, and the individual point method:

Team bracket method

Division I - field hockey, I-AA football, women's and men's soccer, women's volleyball, women's and men's basketball, men's ice hockey, baseball, women's and men's lacrosse, softball and women's and men's tennis.

Individual point method:

Division I - women's and men's cross country, I-A football, women's and men's swimming, women's and men's indoor and outdoor track and field, men's wrestling, women's and men's golf and women's golf

Division I -- Sports Included

There will be 20 sports counted in the standings -- the top 10 scoring sports for men and the top 10 scoring sports for women. Sports that may count in the standings include:

Men -- Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Track & Field (indoor/outdoor), Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling

Women -- Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, RowingSwimming & Diving, Tennis, Track & Field (indoor/outdoor), Volleyball and Water Polo

Coed -- Fencing, Rifle and Skiing

Italicized are the smaller sports that Louisiana does not compete in that CAN count just as much as the big sports to get you the Sears trophy.

2. Default

Stanford teams placing in the top 10 were men's swimming and diving (2nd), men's cross country (2nd), men's soccer (3rd), women's swimming and diving (3rd), women's indoor track and field (5th), women's cross country (5th), women's gymnastics (6th), men's gymnastics (6th), men's fencing (6th), women's outdoor track and field (7th), men's outdoor track and field (8th), and women's soccer (9th). The Cardinal recorded points in the maximum of 10 women's and 10 men's sports.

Thread Information