Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2008: Rest Desmo

Default 2008: Rest Desmo

He needs another week off.

With the way FAU is playing right now, they will be every bit as tough to beat as Troy will be.

If he plays Saturday, and injures himself even more, the year truly will be lost.

I'm willing to let Mcguire have another shot to be the hero Saturday, or let Masson have a go if Mcguire can't.

As we have seen last Saturday, a hobbled Desmo is pretty easy to defend.

We can lose this week and still win this league.

We need a healthier Desmo for one, big, final push for the last 2 games.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Bench Desmo

I would hate to have to make this decision. It's a lose lose for the coaching staff.

Agreed. However no amount of weeks off will fix desmo's knee. If three weeks off didn't do it, I'm guessing he needs surgery.

Truely depressing.

yea i agree too.but what they should have done was bench him against UTEP(even though it was a game to get bowl eligible). Then play him in the SBC games that gets you an automatic bid to a bowl.

I had the meniscus surgery two years ago that Dez needs now. according to the info that was released. Time off does little more than allow the swelling to subside a bit. But the problem he has had does not seem to be from swelling, but from the fact that the little slither of meniscus that is torn moves around and sometimes gets in the way of the joint and sort of locks it up.

The ONLY way to fix it is surgery.

FIRE BUSTLE!

oops. wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I had the meniscus surgery two years ago that Dez needs now. according to the info that was released. Time off does little more than allow the swelling to subside a bit. But the problem he has had does not seem to be from swelling, but from the fact that the little slither of meniscus that is torn moves around and sometimes gets in the way of the joint and sort of locks it up.

The ONLY way to fix it is surgery.
    Exactly right. He will need surgery after the season and it is doubtful we will see him play in any better condition than he currently is in. Unfortunate but true. He might still get playing time but I have to believe that a minimum he is splitting time with McGuire.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    _ He might still get playing time but I have to believe that a minimum he is splitting time with McGuire. _
    Silver Lining around a dark cloud time!

At least next year McGuire will have some valuable experience under his belt!

I think all three games are winnable with a healthy McGuire at QBhowever defense will have to step up like it did in the ASU game.

F-me we were getting unstoppable before Dezmo got hurt______!

UL Football Re: Rest Desmo

Anyone know how long Des would be out if they did the sx now? One way or another the Redshirt Freshmen need to get some significant playing time against FAU and possibly the Troy and MT games. This will help to throw off other D's, give Des some rest, and build some depth if (God forbid)Des go down for the rest of the season and into next year.

Fan focus, players focus, coaches focus on FAU,
    Beat FAU Cajuns,
    Dig Deep,

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Rest Desmo

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Anyone know how long Des would be out if they did the sx now? One way or another the Redshirt Freshmen need to get some significant playing time against FAU and possibly the Troy and MT games. This will help to throw off other D's, give Des some rest, and build some depth if (God forbid)Des go down for the rest of the season and into next year.

Fan focus, players focus, coaches focus on FAU,
    Beat FAU Cajuns,
    Dig Deep, _
    I'm sure I'm misreading you, but you know Des is a senior. He either plays now or he is done collegiately. If rest doesn't really help. it is a matter of. at what point are you better off with a healthy inexperienced QB over an injured veteran QB? It sucks to even consider Des out of action, but I would much prefer weaving Brad and/or Chris into the FAU game, than simply waiting until it has to be done at Troy. I think the messages coming out have all contingencies making their way to the foreground.

Regardless of who plays QB, we have got to get a bounce out of the rest of the units, and win the turnover battle. We were probably in a position a few weeks ago that we could take our game to any SBC team and force them into exceptional planning. From here on out, we are going to see if our coaching staff has the ability to coach above the rest of the conference or not. mental preparation and key adjustments prior to and during the contest are at a premium for us now.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I'm sure I'm misreading you, but you know Des is a senior. He either plays now or he is done collegiately. If rest doesn't really help. it is a matter of. at what point are you better off with a healthy inexperienced QB over an injured veteran QB? It sucks to even consider Des out of action, but I would much prefer weaving Brad and/or Chris into the FAU game, than simply waiting until it has to be done at Troy. I think the messages coming out have all contingencies making their way to the foreground.

Regardless of who plays QB, we have got to get a bounce out of the rest of the units, and win the turnover battle. We were probably in a position a few weeks ago that we could take our game to any SBC team and force them into exceptional planning. From here on out, we are going to see if our coaching staff has the ability to coach above the rest of the conference or not. mental preparation and key adjustments prior to and during the contest are at a premium for us now. _
    Of course he knows he is a senior. I don't believe he knew the nature of the injury. I didn't. Perhaps it is time for McGuire to come of age but I understand he is hurt also. I'm sure the coaching staff will make the right decision. I disagree with writing off FAU. They aint Florida. This team accept for Last Saturday has risen to each occasion. I expect them to do the same this Saturday. Where's the "D"?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Of course he knows he is a senior. I don't believe he knew the nature of the injury. I didn't. Perhaps it is time for McGuire to come of age but I understand he is hurt also. I'm sure the coaching staff will make the right decision. I disagree with writing off FAU. They aint Florida. This team accept for Last Saturday has risen to each occasion. I expect them to do the same this Saturday. Where's the "D"? _
    I knew DaddyCajun knew. I wrote that for your benefit. Who is writing off FAU? Have them give me a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I knew DaddyCajun knew. I wrote that for your benefit. Who is writing off FAU? Have them give me a call. _
    Yea right governor.
    Cajun nation said "We can lose this week and still win this league". Which is true but I think this team can beat FAU even without Mike. FAU isn't some SEC giant. Why would anyone call you?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Yea right governor.
    Cajun nation said "We can lose this week and still win this league". Which is true but I think this team can beat FAU even without Mike. FAU isn't some SEC giant. Why would anyone call you? _
    . to talk with me. do you require everything explained to you?

Cajun Nation was primarily referring to Des needing rest. He does not know that Mike will not get better with rest. He thought if Mike were "restable", he would go with Brad this Saturday and get Mike ready for Troy and beyond.

Techincally, CajunNation is correct. but I would prefer to win out. In fact, I'm insisting on it.

T-Gov

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information