Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opponents View: . Cajuns rage into Monday title game

1. UL Baseball Opponents View: . Cajuns rage into Monday title game

The destruction of one of the better pitchers in the Southeastern Conference for a 13-3 lead after four innings had the announced crowd of 3,729 at M.L. Tigue Moore Field mockingly chanting "S-E-C" after each and every UL run that was scored.

"We have to get a better performance on the mound Monday," MSU coach John Cohen said. "However you have to give UL a lot of credit for that being the case because they showed why they're such a good offensive club tonight."

Default Re: Opponents View: . Cajuns rage into Monday title game

"The destruction of one of the better pitchers in the Southeastern Conference for a 13-3 lead after four innings had the announced crowd of 3,729 at M.L. Tigue Moore Field mockingly chanting "S-E-C" after each and every ULL run that was scored."

Read more: http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/a.#ixzz33U3AFF33

After each and every run that was scored? I watched every pitch of that game. That's not the way I remembered it.

Uhhhh NO. That is not how it went down. During their good inning in the 3rd, MSU fans started chanting SEC, which was really stupid. Section A responded in kind during the bottom of the 3rd and 4th, mocking the MSU fans

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Uhhhh NO. That is not how it went down. During their good inning in the 3rd, MSU fans started chanting SEC, which was really stupid. Section A responded in kind during the bottom of the 3rd and 4th, mocking the MSU fans
    This seems pretty obvious, and I wasn't even there. So why does every single reporter/play-by-play guy/journalist/whatever have a different take?

I thought it was pretty obvious what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    This seems pretty obvious, and I wasn't even there. So why does every single reporter/play-by-play guy/journalist/whatever have a different take?

I thought it was pretty obvious what happened.
    Trying to create a juicy story I suppose

Trying to create a juicy story I suppose
    I certainly didn't hear "SEC! SEC!" 14 times.

I certainly didn't hear "SEC! SEC!" 14 times.
    Neither did I and I was sitting at the very top of section A watching the entire thing go down right below me

That whole conference love these SEC teams have is incredibly pathetic to watch and listen to

That whole conference love these SEC teams have is incredibly pathetic to watch and listen to
    I didn't take it as "conference love" at all. I think I took it how Section A took it.

They didn't chant "MSU" or "Hail State" or "Mississippi St" or "Go Bulldogs" or "Super Regional" or even "Ball four."

They chanted "SEC!" as in "You're not swimming in the kiddie pool any more, little boys. This is a man's game."

It was a taunt of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. Had nothing to do with the SEC, in my opinion.

Man, I hope we bring our sticks tonight. We're the visitors. We can shut them up before they ever step to the plate.

Cohen looks like his wife just ran over his best bird dog. "I was happy the way we played the last five innings".after they cut the 11 run lead to 6 runs when the game was decided. Girl Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Cohen looks like his wife just ran over his best bird dog. "I was happy the way we played the last five innings".after they cut the 11 run lead to 6 runs when the game was decided. Girl Please.
    I thought he sounded like a desperate coach, trying to find the positive. I think he knows his team got owned, but he wants to instill belief in them for tonight. So can't blame him there.

And maybe I'm just hearing it wrong because I'm hearing what I want to hear. But man, that's kind of pathetic.

Unless they win, in which case he's a genius.

I thought he sounded like a desperate coach, trying to find the positive. I think he knows his team got owned, but he wants to instill belief in them for tonight. So can't blame him there.

And maybe I'm just hearing it wrong because I'm hearing what I want to hear. But man, that's kind of pathetic.

Unless they win, in which case he's a genius.
    You are right. His job is to spin his team into forgetting they just got destroyed and will go back into the same viper pit tonight.

I didn't take it as "conference love" at all. I think I took it how Section A took it.

They didn't chant "MSU" or "Hail State" or "Mississippi St" or "Go Bulldogs" or "Super Regional" or even "Ball four."

They chanted "SEC!" as in "You're not swimming in the kiddie pool any more, little boys. This is a man's game."

It was a taunt of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. Had nothing to do with the SEC, in my opinion.

Man, I hope we bring our sticks tonight. We're the visitors. We can shut them up before they ever step to the plate.
    EXACTLY how it was meant. "Hey.we're here representing the SEC and look what WE just did." It wasn't a smart thing to do.so Cajun fans just threw it back in their faces. UL chanted it 5 times. Oh.and Dog State fans didn't use it again.

We really should know our place by now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information