Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns exhibition 11/11 vs. UT Tyler

Default Cajuns exhibition 11/11 vs. UT Tyler

Cajuns up 30-23 with 3:42 left in the 1st half. Is it just me or is basketball GameWatcher like about worthless. Give me that old school style play-by-play with opposing colors like we had that one year with the Sun Belt Tournament.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Cajuns exhibition 11/11 vs. UT Tyler

I'm watching the broadcast on Ragin Station, and that's working fine for me. It's a little hard to follow without audio, but it works for an exhibition.

The Cajuns were up 36-26 at the half. The first 12-13 minutes were lackluster at best. However, they started playing MUCH better on both sides of the ball after that. Their intensity and hustle increased exponentially. They caused a lot of turnovers, pressured the other guys, and created several fast breaks. There were also some nice blocked shots.

Somebody needs to get these guys some Dwayne Mitchell film. Gary had a breakaway and had a clean run to the basket, and it was one of the most anti-climatic dunks I've ever witnessed. There were also a couple other fast breaks where they could have thrown up an alley-oop or something, but it looked like they were too afraid to mess it up, so they went conservative. This team's got the talent, it seems, to do some crazy stuff like the 03-05 teams used to do. Hopefully, they'll learn to be a little more creative with their fast break opportunities and light up the Dome like those other guys did.

47 Cajuns
    28 UT-Tyler

17:20
    2nd

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ I'm watching the broadcast on Ragin Station, and that's working fine for me. It's a little hard to follow without audio, but it works for an exhibition.

The Cajuns were up 36-26 at the half. The first 12-13 minutes were lackluster at best. However, they started playing MUCH better on both sides of the ball after that. Their intensity and hustle increased exponentially. They caused a lot of turnovers, pressured the other guys, and created several fast breaks. There were also some nice blocked shots.

Somebody needs to get these guys some Dwayne Mitchell film. Gary had a breakaway and had a clean run to the basket, and it was one of the most anti-climatic dunks I've ever witnessed. There were also a couple other fast breaks where they could have thrown up an alley-oop or something, but it looked like they were too afraid to mess it up, so they went conservative. This team's got the talent, it seems, to do some crazy stuff like the 03-05 teams used to do. Hopefully, they'll learn to be a little more creative with their fast break opportunities and light up the Dome like those other guys did.

47 Cajuns
    28 UT-Tyler

17:20
    2nd _
    Glad you posted this. I'm now watching them on Ragin Station as well. The audio is definitely limited.

7:00 left it's 68-41 Cajuns

The scoreboard looks AMAZING

igeaux.mobi

5. Default Just bball news

My north Abbeville cheap ass Bose won't pick up the 1420 static radio---How are the Cajuns doing?????

Default Re: Just bball news

Winning by 23 with 2:40 left to play.

84-55 final

igeaux.mobi

Nice performance from Bureau, and Gary plus some good minutes from Bloom, Dison, and Johnson. Our inside game still causes me to worry, esp. with us playing LaTech on Saturday. Neither Barr nor Baptiste had the type of dominating game that I expected in either exhibition game with them going against D3 post players. McCoy needs some work as well.

"YOU MA BOY BLOOM!" Unfortunately I will miss the La Tech game because my youth league football teams championship game is at the same time, but I will be checking here for updates.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Just bball news

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ My north Abbeville cheap ass Bose won't pick up the 1420 static radio---How are the Cajuns doing????? _
    Game was not on radio.

Right now Ryan McCoy does not seem to be the answer at point gaurd. In both games he seemed to really struggle at every phase of the game. Both Daigle and Lego played much better.

La'Ryan Gary seems to be the most improved player this year and as we expected Tyren Johnson continues to improve and is turning into a fine player. Corey Bloom seems to have more confidence with the ball in his hands and he has a very nice shot. If Bloom can be a threat off the bench in shooting 3's he can be a add plus.

Barr and Batiste both played better in the second game and I will hold judgement until they play D1 competition.

Injuries seems to be the knife in our side right now. If we get healthy and when we get the transfers at the end of the fall semester we will be a very solid team that has the chance to make a post season run.

nm

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ Right now Ryan McCoy does not seem to be the answer at point gaurd. In both games he seemed to really struggle at every phase of the game. Both Daigle and Lego played much better.

La'Ryan Gary seems to be the most improved player this year and as we expected Tyren Johnson continues to improve and is turning into a fine player. Corey Bloom seems to have more confidence with the ball in his hands and he has a very nice shot. If Bloom can be a threat off the bench in shooting 3's he can be a add plus.

Barr and Batiste both played better in the second game and I will hold judgement until they play D1 competition.

Injuries seems to be the knife in our side right now. If we get healthy and when we get the transfers at the end of the fall semester we will be a very solid team that has the chance to make a post season run. _
    Actually, I thought McCoy looked much more comfortable in the second half. Don't see how anyone could make a judgment on Daigle, since he got hurt about six minutes into the game and didn't play again.

They were taking him for X-rays on his hand after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ 84-55 final

igeaux.mobi _

I LOOK AWESOME IN HD.LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    _ I LOOK AWESOME IN HD.LMAO

_

We need a uniform thread for basketball, so I'll start it. Why do our basketball uniforms have Louisiana Lafayette on them? Football, baseball, and softball use only Louisiana. Women's basketball used to use Louisiana Lafayette, but now uses Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns. Better, but it doesn't look good on the uniform, too much lettering and too close together.

Just another inconsistency in our athletic department. It sure is frustrating. I know, I know . just win and it doesn't matter. But, why can't we win with the right name and establish the Louisiana identity that we want? Why are we so inconsistent in this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information