Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phil Steele Bowl projections

Default Re: Phil Steele Bowl projections

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post

Nice but the cajuns have to win.

3. Default Re: Phil Steele Bowl projections

where is La Tech---they can easily win out!!!

Auburn is probably not going to make it to the Independencethey only have 5 wins, with Georgia and Alabama left on the schedule.

Odds are they will finish 5 - 7 and I think La Tech will get the Independence Bowl.

I posted on their site as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ULouisiana View Post
    _ Auburn is probably not going to make it to the Independencethey only have 5 wins, with Georgia and Alabama left on the schedule.

Odds are they will finish 5 - 7 and I think La Tech will get the Independence Bowl.

I posted on their site as well. _
    . and they most likely won't play against K-State. K-State has to win both Nebraska and Iowa State to get in. The wildcats would probably beat ISU but they will have a difficult time with Nebraska.

Colorado also has to win either their Okie State game or their finale @ Nebraska. I don't think Nebraska losses their last two games so either CU or K-state is at home for the Holidays.

Ofcourse, all this won't matter to me if we don't win the belt.

Louisiana S-Club Re: Phil Steele Bowl projections

It's hard to figure out Phil Steele. While many other sports sites have been predicting the Cajuns in a bowl game for the last several weeks, Phil Steele has not. It always concerned me, since I have a lot of respect for what Phil Steele says. He, in fact, predicted a win by UTEP last week when everyone else was predicting a UL victory. I find it interesting that Phil Steele would now predict a Cajun bowl appearance for the first time after we lost to UTEP. Believe me when I say this guy has his pulse on what is happening in college football nationally. This is a hugh amount of repsect for the Cajuns and, until now, he has only given us respect within the Sun Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ It's hard to figure out Phil Steele. While many other sports sites have been predicting the Cajuns in a bowl game for the last several weeks, Phil Steele has not. It always concerned me, since I have a lot of respect for what Phil Steele says. He, in fact, predicted a win by UTEP last week when everyone else was predicting a UL victory. I find it interesting that Phil Steele would now predict a Cajun bowl appearance for the first time after we lost to UTEP. Believe me when I say this guy has his pulse on what is happening in college football nationally. This is a hugh amount of repsect for the Cajuns and, until now, he has only given us respect within the Sun Belt. _

In Phil Steele's preseason magazine, he predicted the Cajuns would be one of the most improved teams in the country this year and would be bowl eligible.

Louisiana S-Club Re: Phil Steele Bowl projections

I am only saying that dispite his pre-season prediction of a bowl game, he has not been recently listing the Cajuns in his bowl predictions. I am excited that, this late in the season, he believes the Cajuns will be playing in a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ I am only saying that dispite his pre-season prediction of a bowl game, he has not been recently listing the Cajuns in his bowl predictions. I am excited that, this late in the season, he believes the Cajuns will be playing in a bowl game. _
    He predicted that we would be bowl eligible, not be in a bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ He predicted that we would be bowl eligible, not be in a bowl. _
    That was before the new tie ins were announced. He had us as bowl eligible but not going to a bowl because, we had only one tie in, after his mag came out the tie ins were announced.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ That was before the new tie ins were announced. He had us as bowl eligible but not going to a bowl because, we had only one tie in, after his mag came out the tie ins were announced. _
    Even with these tie-ins we need to be 7-5 for them to matter. If we are 6-6 they can pass up any Sun Belt team for anybody they want. If you have a secondary tie-in with a Bowl like the Belt does from what I have read and understand you have to be 7-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Even with these tie-ins we need to be 7-5 for them to matter. If we are 6-6 they can pass up any Sun Belt team for anybody they want. If you have a secondary tie-in with a Bowl like the Belt does from what I have read and understand you have to be 7-5. _
    Not so, the bowl tie ins we now have, have to take us if the original tie in isnt there. if there is no 8th sec team getting a bid, they HAVE TO take a 6-6 or better SBC team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ Not so, the bowl tie ins we now have, have to take us if the original tie in isnt there. if there is no 8th sec team getting a bid, they HAVE TO take a 6-6 or better SBC team. _
    Your wrong

30.9.2.1 Exception—12 Game Season. [FBS] An institution with a record of six wins and six losses may be selected for participation in a bowl game under the following circumstances: (Adopted: 4/27/06 effective 8/1/06)

(a) The institution or its conference has a primary contractual affiliation, which existed prior to the first contest of the applicable season, with the sponsoring bowl organization. In the case of a conference contractual affiliation, all conference teams with winning records must be placed in one of the contracted bowl games before any institution with a record of six wins and six losses may be placed in a contracted bowl game. There shall be no contingency agreements with other sponsoring bowl organizations intended to enable an institution with a record of six wins and six losses to become eligible for those contests; or

(b) All contractual affiliations per Bylaw 30.9.2.1-(a) have been fulfilled and all institutions with winning records have received bowl invitations (either through a contractual affiliation or as an at-large selection)

We have a contingency agreement and as stated above you have a 6-6 record that contingency agreement is thrown out the window.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Mr. Walker, we need a ruling!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Mr. Walker, we need a ruling!! _
    I'd love to be wrong on this one but unless I am interpreting this wrong I don't think they can take the 6-6 team unless there are no other 7-5 teams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information