Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Story of the MudBugs Football Team in Lafayette Louisiana

1. Default Mudbugs Coach John Fourcarde and Houma owner Thomas fined

Southern Indoor Football League Commissioner Dan J. Blum announced Wednesday that he has fined Acadiana Mudbugs coach John Fourcade an undisclosed amount and issued an official reprimand for publicly criticizing game officials.

Fourcade's comments appeared in Tuesday's Daily Advertiser following the Mudbugs' 50-40 loss to the Austin Turfcats.

"I am completely confident there will not be a repeat occurrence," Blum said. "The SIFL now considers this issue closed."

The rest of the story

2. Default MudBugs Win at College Station

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (July 5, 2009) -- Sean Samuel threw two touchdown passes and ran for another while Bo Bartik also threw two touchdown passes as the Acadiana Mudbugs defeated the Texas Hurricanes 44-30, spoiling the Hurricanes' debut in their new College Station home.

Anthony Parks caught two touchdown passes -- one each from Samuel and Bartik as the Mudbugs (6-4) took a 14-0 halftime lead.

Kendrick Cheneau threw three touchdown passes for the Hurricanes, now 1-7. Joe Townsend caught two of Cheneau's touchdowns, while Jarrod Fuller caught the other.

The rest of the story

3. Default SIFL Now Owns Mudbugs Next Opponent

HOUMA — League officials say they have taken over management of Houma’s indoor football team as complaints continue to emerge that the Conquerors’ owners failed to pay some of their bills on time.

Related Links:Conquerors’ future in doubt amid bill dispute League president says Conquerors now under SIFL ownership Conquerors owner Thomas fined by SIFL In a new development, two Conquerors players from Houma said Wednesday that they and other players received paychecks that bounced earlier in the season.

Southern Indoor Football League President Thom Hager said the league assumed ownership of the Conquerors at midnight Tuesday.

The takeover from Slidell-based Conquest Sports, run by Franklin Thomas and wife Lenora Thomas, came after the organization failed to pay team debts before Tuesday’s midnight deadline, Hager said.

The rest of the story

Matt LeBlanc and Rachel Whittaker

4. Default Conquerors vs Mudbugs meet in Houma

HOUMA — Amid an ownership change this week and uncertainty about the fate of their season, the Houma Conquerors will end their inaugural regular season with a game tonight in Houma against the Acadiana Mudbugs, the Southern Indoor Football League announced after a conference call on Friday.

The SIFL secured ownership of the franchise as of midnight Tuesday, when then-owner Franklin Thomas did not successfully get the team out of default status by paying bills the team owes, including league dues, membership fees and player salaries.

SIFL President Thom Hager said the decision was made to keep the game at 7 tonight at the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center for the sake of the Conquerors’ loyal fans.

“There was lots of wisdom shared among the ownership group on the conference call,” Hager said. “We realized the very best thing we could do was have the game played in Houma. It wouldn’t have been good for the fans otherwise.”

The rest of the story

Rachel Whittaker

5. Default Conquerors defeat Mudbugs

HOUMA — It’s been an unlikely week for the Houma Conquerors. With their team taken over by the Southern Indoor Football League, at one point it was unlikely Saturday’s game would even take place.

So it seems fitting that in an unlikely victory over the Acadiana Mudbugs, the game would be saved by an unlikely hero, kicker Mike Stropolo, who was 0-4 on field goals, and missed an extra point to boot.

And even more unlikely, with Austin’s 60-28 win over Texas, the Conquerors, at 3-8, are in the SIFL playoffs.

The rest of the story

Perry Pitre
    Sports Correspondent

6. Default Let the Playoffs Begin

Sat, Jul 18

Acadiana Mudbugs vs Austin Turfcats

Austin TX

6:30 PM

7. Default Re: Let the Playoffs Begin

Saturday marks the first day of playoffs for the Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) when the Austin Turfcats (9-2) host the Acadiana Mudbugs (6-5) at 6:30 p.m.

The matchup between the Mudbugs and the Turfcats will be broadcast live on turfcats.com. Web viewers will see the game from the 25-yard line camera, plus interviews during halftime and postgame. Users will also be able to chat with one another during the game. Pregame coverage begins at 6:20pm Saturday at www.turfcats.com/live.

Mudbugs media

Default Re: Let the Playoffs Begin

9. Default Re: Let the Playoffs Begin

LOL Thanks

At first I thought he was talking UL vs McNeese (5-turnovers)

10. Default Turfcats top Mudbugs, advance to SIFL Finals

The Austin Turfcats won the inaugural Southern Indoor Football League semi-final game in overtime, beating the Acadiana Mudbugs 56-49. There were 10 lead changes and a tied game at 40 in the third quarter. Regulation ended with a tie at 49. The Turfcats scored first in overtime and the Mudbugs were unable to put any points on the board giving the Turfcats the first spot in the SIFL Championship Game.

Turfcats quarterback Gary Cooper played the whole game, rushing for 20 yards and throwing for 124 yards and three touchdowns. David Banks, back from injury, had three rushing touchdowns, Darrick Wallace had two, and Robert Quiroga and Keith Clay each added one.

Mudbugs quarterback Bo Bartik threw for 241 yards and four touchdowns while Anthony Parks caught three of those touchdowns passes and Andre Kelly caught the other. Chandler Roberson had three rushing touchdowns.

the rest of the story

Default Re: Turfcats top Mudbugs, advance to SIFL Finals

"Chandler Roberson had three rushing touchdowns."

The Mudbugs should learn their players names. When he played at UL he was Chancellor Roberson. I really don't think he changed his name.

12. Default SIFL Looking to a Bright Future

On July 27, the Southern Indoor Football League concluded their first season in existence with the Louisiana Swashbucklers winning their third championship in a row as a franchise.

After a trying season as SIFL president, Thom Hager discussed what challenges the league faced and the new things coming in 2010.

“The first observation I have is that it was a rougher, tougher, more intense season that I thought it was going to be,” Hager said on the inaugural season of the SIFL. “It was more difficult to launch a league by myself than I thought it was going to be.”

The rest of the story

Default No More Mudbugs

I remember hearing last week that the Mudbugs have fortunately dropped that name. Now known as the Wildcatters.

14. Default WildCatters

The Lafayette Wildcatters have signed John Fourcade to become their 2010 season head coach and general manager.

Fourcade started his football career by playing at Ole Miss from 1978-1981, breaking many school records and breaking Archie Manning’s career record in yards. He joined the New Orleans Saints in 1987 as quarterback, leading the Saints to their first postseason berth.

Fourcade has 13 years of coaching experience with various teams in the Arena Football League.

“I’m excited to be a part of the Wildcatters,” said Fourcade. “I cannot wait to start the season and to bring a championship to Lafayette. The new ownership is dedicated and wants to bring a winning team to this town. I’m looking forward to getting involved with local high schools, elementary schools and charitable groups throughout Lafayette and Acadiana. We are not just an indoor football team; we are Lafayette’s Indoor Football Team.”

The rest of the story

Default Re: No More Mudbugs

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Turbine,

I remember hearing last week that the Mudbugs have fortunately dropped that name. Now known as the Wildcatters. You may want to verify that. I don't think I dreamed it.
    Oh no what is this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information