Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Story of the MudBugs Football Team in Lafayette Louisiana

Default Acadiana Mudbugs WIN

Just returned home from the Mudbugs game at the Blackham.

I was impressed by the teams play. I was very surprised that the Texas Pirates only scored 6 points in the first half. The game was entertaining. I wasn't sure what to expect being it was at the Blackham.

Lots of defense for the Mudbugs. Kimmee Lewis looked really good and maybe some excellent plays. I like the swagger in this team. If you guys are craving some offseason football this is good stuff.

We also laid out some big hits. The NFL Draft had me craving some football action.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Acadiana Mudbugs WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ Just returned home from the Mudbugs game at the Blackham.

I was impressed by the teams play. I was very surprised that the Texas Pirates only scored 6 points in the first half. The game was entertaining. I wasn't sure what to expect being it was at the Blackham.

Lots of defense for the Mudbugs. Kimmee Lewis looked really good and maybe some excellent plays. I like the swagger in this team. If you guys are craving some offseason football this is good stuff.

We also laid out some big hits. The NFL Draft had me craving some football action. _
    How did the attdce look?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ How did the attdce look? _
    Not sure how many but both sides had about 4 full sections. The corners had people here and there. I know it had to be more than 1k.

I definitely thought is was a fun event. I look forward to the other upcoming games.

Mudbugs_009_4-25

Mudbugs_020_4-25

Mudbugs_078_4-25

Mudbugs_008_4-25

.not to mention the fact.hooray cheerleaders!
    Mudbugs_050_4-25

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ Just returned home from the Mudbugs game at the Blackham.

We also laid out some big hits. The NFL Draft had me craving some football action. _

When is the next home game & how much are tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ When is the next home game & how much are tickets? _
    They have a bye next weekend.

The next game is on the following Saturday. May 9th.

The ticket was general admission $18.50 on the ticket but they only charged $15. Not bad for the action.

7. UL Softball 3-0 Mudbugs Take Sole Possession of First Place

Lafayette, LA – With an estimated 1,650 in attendance, the Acadiana Mudbugs won their third game of the season, defeating the Houma Conquerors 31-23 in what turned out to be a barn burner that saw the Mudbugs trailing for the first time in their short history.

The Mudbugs, 3-0, took the number one spot in the SIFL after the Louisiana Swashbucklers lost their first regular season game in two years against the Austin Turfcats. The Swashbucklers were tied with the Mudbugs for first place last week.

The Conquerors were the first to score when for former Troy University quarterback Omar Haugabook connected with Gerald Landry for a five yard score.

With a little over a minute remaining, Acadiana struck back and scored when Bo Bartik connected with Johnny Williams for a four yard score. This tied the game 7-7 at the end of the first.

After 43 seconds of play in the second quarter, Bartik connected again with Williams for a 22 yard score. The Mudbugs led 13-7.

Houma was threatening to score again, but their drive was halted when Anthony Parks intercepted a Hougabook pass in the end zone.

The Conquerors were given two points when Bartik was called for intentional grounding in the endzone with 37 seconds left in the half. Nineteen seconds later, Haugabook connected for the second time with Landry for a 35-yard score. The score going into the locker room at half time was Houma 16 Mudbugs 13.

The Mudbugs were the first to score in the second half, when Bartik connected with Parks from seven yards out. This score gave the Mudbugs a three-point cushion.

The rest of the story

8. Default Last Week: MudBugs fall from unbeaten ranks

LAKE CHARLES, La. (May 16, 2009) -- Alvin Bartie threw for 254 yards and seven touchdowns as the Louisiana Swashbucklers defeated the previously unbeaten Acadiana Mudbugs 56-35 in a Southern Indoor Football League before 3,819 Saturday.

Bartie connected with Sammy Knight (seven catches, 110 yards) for three scores as the Bucs (3-1) jumped out to a 28-7 halftime lead. Placekicker Tommy Hebert went 8-8 on PAT attempts to improve to 29 of 30 for the season.

Mudbugs (3-1) quarterback Bo Bartik threw four touchdowns, but was intercepted three times, twice by Damien Huren.

The rest of the story

Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL)

9. Default Mudbugs' opponent expelled from SIFL Reschedules Monday Game

The Southern Indoor Football League has expelled the PASM Florida Kings, President Thom Hager announced today.

The Kings were scheduled to play road games only against SIFL opponents in addition to their home games at the Volusia County Fairgrounds in DeLand, Fla. against non-league competition in 2009 before becoming a full-fledged SIFL member in 2010.

They played one game, an 81-0 loss to the Louisiana Swashbucklers on April 25 and were scheduled to face the Acadiana Mudbugs Monday.

"It’s regrettable that it has come to this,’’ Hager said. ``I sincerely wish the Kings' front office, coaches and players good fortune in their future endeavors.

"There comes a time when you have to make very hard decisions, and this is one of them,’’ Hager said. ``The SIFL is not going to subjugate its staff and teams to unneeded financial and unprofessional burdens that do not have any long-term benefit for its teams or the league.

"I regret that we’ve caused the entire sport of indoor football to take yet another credibility hit, but rather than justify our first-year problems by comparing and contrasting the trials other entities are enduring, we vow to focus our energy on solving these problems expediantly and working to ensure the long-term success of the SIFL,’’ Hager concluded. ``We WILL complete our inaugural season schedule.''

A replacement for the Kings’ remaining four games, included Monday’s game, is being finalized and will be announced this week.

The source of the story

by Dan Ryan

Default Re: Mudbugs' opponent expelled from SIFL Reschedules Monday Game

What a joke. This league just reasured me that it will not survive!!

So let me get this straight. A team that's not a member of the league got kicked out of the league they're not a member of yet, because they lost 81-0? What an I missing here?

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    So let me get this straight. A team that's not a member of the league got kicked out of the league they're not a member of yet, because they lost 81-0? What an I missing here?

igeaux.mobi
    What? Beside the fact they got ROLLED 81-0?? I wouldn't want that team in my league either!!

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

igeaux.mobi
    I don't understand this either. They are not telling us what was unprofessional and a financial burden. Maybe after getting shalacked they didn't want to stay in SWLA?

14. Default Re: Mudbugs' opponent expelled from SIFL Reschedules Monday Game

Is this the beginning of the end for the league??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    Is this the beginning of the end for the league??
    I don't know about that but hopefully it is the beginning of the end. There is room for only on football team in Acadiana and that is the Ragin Cajuns!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information