Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: #1 Louisiana's Epic Choke turns into Epic Comeback

Default Re: EPIC CHOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Guys. I'm as upset as anyone that we dropped into the loser's bracket. And it's only the aggravation from the jacklegs that don't understand baseball that it was to JSU. They pitched a gem of a game. Period. Should we have put a dent in their closer? yes. But that starter was breaking junk as well as any major leaguer. And velocity ain't ____ compared to control. pitching-wise. The guy's ball was breaking 3 different directions as it approached the plate. and he was placing it masterfully. That was the story. Period. It wasn't losing to lowly "JSU".

We are still a great great team. Whether or not it happens. we are very capable of grinding our way back. We have to. obviously. take care of SDST.

I know the entire analysis of the regional was handling MSU. Well, no one left in this regional are prolific batting squads. We could grind this out.

The idea that we're a fraudulent #1 is BS. Of course people that don't know baseball would think so. They don't know jack. JSU pitched a gem. We didn't screw up at the plate. You knuckleheads that get boners over pitch velocity have obviously never batted against a junk ball magician. They're the killers. They simply don't normally maintain command for long. That little guy did. We should have pounded his reliever, but we didn't.
    you are right. jackson state pitcher is really good. Didn't he win SWAC pitcher of the year?

Im not upset over the loss anymore. Looking back i blame the loss on Deggs. Late in the game, runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out, Strentz up to bat. Instead of putting a squeeze bunt in play to get a run in and tie the game, we allow the batters to strike out and fly out. ____ poor strategy!

Today is a new day. We will WIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Im not upset over the loss anymore. Looking back i blame the loss on Deggs. Late in the game, runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out, Strentz up to bat. Instead of putting a squeeze bunt in play to get a run in and tie the game, we allow the batters to strike out and fly out. ____ poor strategy!

To his defense, Strentz was one of the few who was making good contact yesterday.

Here's hoping for overcast and no rain, out the door we go.

I felt at that point that if we could tie it, we would win it. I can't recall seeing Mike bunt too much. Maybe his bunting is not great and they thought it best for him to stay in for defense. He is also good at hitting long fly balls. But I still would have tried the squeeze, especially with the pitcher that was in.

Just like in all the major sports, when you lose a close game it normally came down to a coaching decision. When you get blown out it was either a lack of focus on the players part or just plain not as good as the other team.

Yesterday we bought into our own hype and got out coached. Simple as that, we have to accept it and move on.

#Rise&Grind

Yesterday we were going against the SWAC pitcher of the year. The dude is good.

Quote Originally Posted by mission omaha View Post
    Yesterday we were going against the SWAC pitcher of the year. The dude is good.
    Oh man the SWAC pitcher of the year? Damn

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Oh man the SWAC pitcher of the year? Damn
    Why u wanna hate

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mission omaha View Post
    you are right. jackson state pitcher is really good. Didn't he win SWAC pitcher of the year?
    That's irrelevant. He pitched a gem. He would have shut down anyone in the country. Even our high LOB was irrelevant. His pitches eliminated our bat speed and power to push runners around, while finding a piece of the strike zone. We were a little unfortunate that the ump called a very low strike zone. That would have helped.

We pitched extremely well and our defense was great. The only problem was at the plate. And anyone that knows baseball. knows any hot junk pitcher. regardless of his size, velocity, conference association, or even his fellow teammates' abilities. can make any game a nail biter.

Let's go beat SDST!

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's irrelevant. He pitched a gem. He would have shut down anyone in the country. Even our high LOB was irrelevant. His pitches eliminated our bat speed and power to push runners around, while finding a piece of the strike zone. We were a little unfortunate that the ump called a very low strike zone. That would have helped.

We pitched extremely well and our defense was great. The only problem was at the plate. And anyone that knows baseball. knows any hot junk pitcher. regardless of his size, velocity, conference association, or even his fellow teammates' abilities. can make any game a nail biter.

Let's go beat SDST!

Geaux Cajuns!
    I think they said during the game he was a 2-3 round Draft pick! And SWAC pitcher of the year.

Glad to see some of you bridge jumpers have come to your senses! Come on! Nothing but good vibes and some ___ kicking unleashed on this regional!!! Time to slam the critics mouths shut!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Cajuns will beat San Diego State.
    Cajuns will beat Jackson State.

Yes.

If there is a run rule in effect, we will make use of it, if not, then JSU is in for one of the worst days of their life. I have a feeling we're not gonna stop scoring until Tony puts in Cayenne.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information