View Poll Results: Do you support TSU joining the Sun Belt?

Voters
19. This poll is closed
  • Yes

13 68.42%
  • No

6 31.58%

Thread: Troy State & the SBC

Sunbelt Troy State & the SBC

I know most of us hope for a more regional and higher profile conference in the near future but it appears that we will share a conference with TSU for a year or so anyway, my question is are you in support of them joining the Sun Belt? Why? Why not?

2. Default

I go for yes because even though they have only been D1A for going on 3 years. TSU qualified for the I-AA playoffs eight of their last nine years in that classification.

Note that they benifited from tranfers not having to sit out, a luxury they will no longer have. However they have shown committment to athletics.

Their history of playing Louisiana goes back to 1946 when UL Swamped them 60-0. The two teams have played 8 times with Louisiana owning a 7-1 edge. Except that the next time the two teams play TS will be going for a two game winning streak.

I said yes also. Overall, their athletic programs are no better nor worse than others in the SBC. Much like the rest of us, how they do in the future is up to their admin. and their fans.

Default Well

I look at it as, other newbies to 1A have made the leap successful, very successfully in fact. Look at Marshall. I remember years ago Ole Miss playing them in the Motor City Bowl, and if I remember correctly, they had a 10 win season, but like 3 or 4 came against 1AA teams.there was also a guy named Randy Moss on that team too, but just saying that being just a couple of years removed from 1AA does not mean you cant be good.

Tuffguy

Thread Information