Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: First time visitor to Lafayette

1. Default Re: First time visitor to Lafayette

From a Bulldog that lives in BR and was born in Lafayette. Haven't been over much in the last 2 years b/c of my job and no family actually lives in Lafayette now (live west of town)

JUDICE INN. The other burger places mentioned might have better burgers, haven't been to them, but Judice Inn is so good with that sauce. Think you have to go today, because they aren't open on Sundays and we will have won the regional before then (couldn't help myself). It's close to the baseball field too. GO, GO, GO.

Fezzo's is good (nearest one is at I-10 at exit 97). Original is another 15 miles west on I-10.

Mel's is really good diner food - close to the stadium too. Open 24 hours. Wouldn't say anything was out of this world, but consistently good.

If the Don's in Laffy is as good as BR, it's good.

Didn't see a recommendation for fried boudin balls that didn't seem like joke about a bad area.

Would also recommend getting a cheap ice chest and buying frozen meat at Don's Specialty meats. It's right beside Fezzo's (the exit 97 one). I bring 10-15 lbs of boudin to TN every winter.

Default Re: First time visitor to Lafayette

I'd get the smoked boudin at Best Stop. best of show in the area. Best cracklins too

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Do they have a good poboy?
    No but they "the king of movin chicken" "They got that finger lickin"

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Do they have a good poboy?
    No but they "the king of movin chicken" "They got that finger lickin"

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

OK. New fave at deanos. Try the muffalata pizza. I was a bit skeptical at first, the waiter talked me into it. Glad he did. It is excellent.

6. Default Re: First time visitor to Lafayette

Went to Fat Pat's today. Burger was pretty good, really nothing special. I regret not going to Judice Inn (but honestly, no fries? C'mon) Server was really not good either and they weren't that busy. Definitely has not been the norm in Lafayette.

After tonight's game we went to DeanO's- did not disappoint. They were really busy and it took a while but the food was excellent. Toppings on top of toppings - we have leftovers.

Still haven't checked out Olde Tyme, but I'm not leaving town before I do! We're going to do the Atchafalaya Experience tomorrow. After that I guess we'll head to the park and try to find tickets.

7. Default Re: First time visitor to Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDawg View Post
    Went to Fat Pat's today. Burger was pretty good, really nothing special. I regret not going to Judice Inn (but honestly, no fries? C'mon) Server was really not good either and they weren't that busy. Definitely has not been the norm in Lafayette.

After tonight's game we went to DeanO's- did not disappoint. They were really busy and it took a while but the food was excellent. Toppings on top of toppings - we have leftovers.

Still haven't checked out Olde Tyme, but I'm not leaving town before I do! We're going to do the Atchafalaya Experience tomorrow. After that I guess we'll head to the park and try to find tickets.
    Your updates have taken visitor food threads to a whole new level.

Thanks

This is worrisome. Do you recall what kind of burger you had? Do you recall if you liked the fries or onion rings?
    This is why this site is so important. There is not a better place to get real time recommendations on places of business to let customers as well as proprietors know what's happening in the community.

Yea I hate to say it but the one time I went to Fat Pats I had a similar experience. Don't make the mistake of not going to Olde Tyme

10. Default Re: First time visitor to Lafayette

I just had the 7 oz burger with bacon and mozzarella, with fries. I had a couple of Canebreaks with it.
    And I don't mean to imply it was a bad burger. It was pretty good and I'd probably go back. I just had higher expectations, I guess.

I just had the 7 oz burger with bacon and mozzarella, with fries. I had a couple of Canebreaks with it.
    And I don't mean to imply it was a bad burger. It was pretty good and I'd probably go back. I just had higher expectations, I guess.
    Dont worry about it,Fat pats is crap. I agree with no fries at judice inn, but the burgers are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by pasbon View Post
    I'd get the smoked boudin at Best Stop. best of show in the area. Best cracklins too
    Best Stop puts the 'Crack' in cracklins. Best ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    Best Stop puts the 'Crack' in cracklins. Best ever!
    I actually like Don's better. But I love me some best stop stuffed pork chops. Does any body remember the Butcher shop that used to be open by the railroad track in Carencro? I remember they had the best bonding I ever tasted.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Yea I hate to say it but the one time I went to Fat Pats I had a similar experience. Don't make the mistake of not going to Olde Tyme
    Same. I was underwhelmed by Fat Pats when Ive been as well.

DD, have you made it to French Press yet? I doubt you'd be disappointed there

15. Default Re: First time visitor to Lafayette

You are only as good as your current chef.

Sometimes they take nights off and other times only work half a day.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information