Thread: Super Regional Victory on to Oklahoma City

1. UL Softball Super Regional Victory on to Oklahoma City

Louisiana Press Conference after winning the Lafayette Regional.

Default Re: Super Regional Victory on to Oklahoma City

I watched ESPN after the game and they were talking about the UL win and the journey to the WCWS. They actually said this.

"This is a great win for UL-Lafayette and the City. This is not a big name in softball or not a perineal power year in and year out. I have been to the town of Lafayette and softball is all they have there. They love their softball. "

Really???? Really?? How ignorant

This is a GREAT time to be a member of the Ragin' Cajun Nation.and I'm not going to let ignorant comments by some individuals who THINK they know something about what they comment about. I'm too proud and happy right now. Today we win the SunBelt Baseball Tourney. Tomorrow our National Seed is announced. I'm ignoring all negatives.

GEEEAAAUUUX Cajuns!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    This is a GREAT time to be a member of the Ragin' Cajun Nation.and I'm not going to let ignorant comments by some individuals who THINK they know something about what they comment about. I'm too proud and happy right now. Today we win the SunBelt Baseball Tourney. Tomorrow our National Seed is announced. I'm ignoring all negatives.

GeEAAAUUUX Cajuns!
    Should we have a 36 hour moratorium on all negatives? Cant make any promises, but I'll try like heck!!! *

Z

* suck it hoax is okay
    Last edited by Zeebart21; May 25th, 2014 at 08:44 am. Reason: suck it hoax

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Should we have a 36 hour moratorium on all negatives? Cant make any promises, but I'll try like heck!!!

Z
    All negatives??? Zee you do realize with that all encompassing statement you can't say $uck it Hoax???

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have adjusted my previous post.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by UL_BayouCajun View Post
    I watched ESPN after the game and they were talking about the UL win and the journey to the WCWS. They actually said this.

"This is a great win for UL-Lafayette and the City. This is not a big name in softball or not a perineal power year in and year out. I have been to the town of Lafayette and softball is all they have there. They love their softball. "

I was watching when they said this. It is unfortunate, but ESPN has some great people and some not-so-great people. This guy is ignorant and not one of thier top talents. He got stuck trying to fill dead space during a lightening delay, and he is not Rece Davis. It was ugly, but I'm sure we will get more positive pub going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_BayouCajun View Post

His name is Johnathan Coachman. I highly recommend everyone on this board email, text, tweet or whatever you gotta do to complain to ESPN about how off base he was. How does someone who knows so little about softball get put in that position? His co-host, Stacey Nuveman did't exactly come to our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    His name is Johnathan Coachman. I highly recommend everyone on this board email, text, tweet or whatever you gotta do to complain to ESPN about how off base he was. How does someone who knows so little about softball get put in that position? His co-host, Stacey Nuveman did't exactly come to our defense.
    I highly recommend we just drop it and not be so damn sensitive.

You mean a clueless ESPN analyst said something dumb? I heard dumb for 5 hours this weekend.

I'm not beating ESPN's doors down over the stupid crap Kayla Braud said, like calling our fans "a little bit obnoxious."

We won a championship. I will not let my emotions get hijacked. Let's geaux get another.

Amen . Keep Positive Energy .

ESPN should have served their crew some CC's coffee, when studying up on UL and the CITY of Lafayette! Lafayette has not been a "town" in decades, and HE must not have read one consonance or vowel of the MEDIA GUIDE, to have learned anything about any of the HISTORY of ANY of Louisiana's Athletic Programs and their collective accomplishments.

Leave the dude alone with that type of work ethic he won't be at ESPN long. He would have never been an athlete for Hud, Robe, Mike, Bob, or any of UL's sports programs, TOO much work! Geaux get em Ladies!!!

The Cajuns get Kentucky in their first game of the World Series. The Wildcats sweep UCLA, 7-3 & 7-1 today.

I suppose if someone feels compelled to email, send a link to the media guide. Nothing wrong with that

Thread Information