Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Super Regional G1: Louisiana (5) vs Arizona (3) FINAL

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Super Regional G1: Louisiana (5) vs Arizona (3) FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    "Louisiana doesn't have the pitching depth."

"Did you see so-and-so throw 389 pitches to get her team to the Super Regional today? What a performance!"

Most of these people only watch softball 3 weeks out of the year. They have no idea what they're talking about, period.
    They are "HOMERS" for Arizona There, I said it again

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Dude, shouldn't you be getting ready to geaux to Houma? Do they allow smoking down there?

LOL!!
    Trying to delay the inevitable.

3. Default Re: Super Regional G1: Louisiana (5) vs Arizona (3) FINAL

Guys, guys, did y'all really think that ESPN would be more favorable to us then one of the most storied programs/coaches in NCAA softball history?

Let's look at the bigger picture. Lamson and the crowd were AMAZING on TV, people are talking and rallying around Cristina, and most importantly, we played great and won the game. Let's take game 2 today and keep this thing going!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post

Trying to delay the inevitable.
    HAHA!! Be safe!!

Quote Originally Posted by lvcajun View Post
    Guys, guys, did y'all really think that ESPN would be more favorable to us then one of the most storied programs/coaches in NCAA softball history?

Let's look at the bigger picture. Lamson and the crowd were AMAZING on TV, people are talking and rallying around Cristina, and most importantly, we played great and won the game. Let's take game 2 today and keep this thing going!
    Of course not, but we love to _____ and moan!!!

At least I do!!!

Geaux Cajuns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    HAHA!! Be safe!!
    BTW, been to the Sun Belt website this morning? Apparently the big story of the conference is Gag State in 6th place at NCAA Golf. Must have been a slow news day for S-B@C sports yesterday. Nothing else of note happened last night.

SuckBalls, together we sink. Thanks, Karl.

It's not like our program is a flash in the pan at its first rodeo.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You know that we're ecstatic about our hosting, the incredible crowd, we look awesome, everyone can't deny it, the national audience sees it. and there's nothing the ESPN announcers can say to change the outcome of the games. But yes, I don't expect announcers, ever, to lean toward particular programs. It was one thing, in the past, after having been a year after year softball powerhouse, to be described as a "Cinderella", but UL softball has bushwhacked every program that these two ladies are familiar with as national powerhouses, somewhere in time. They looked like fools trying to will Arizona to a victory.

Yes, it chaps my butt to hear 50 comments giving Arizona 500 excuses. Even this BS about "traveling far from home", "being in a hostile setting", "not having their fans". how has it been for UL over the many years? We have had to put up with 500 more issues and we still kick ___! How about that being the only thing they say?

And like everyone is pointing out, what person in softball believes a pitching "bullpen" is the key to success. That's about like assessing the backup QBs in the Superbowl to predict a winner. It is a 5% data point. It was a dumb comment. If Hamilton was wilting last night. or there was word she had a bleeding blister on her throwing hand, it would be a point of discussion. And besides, Arizona threw their two top pitchers and didn't shut us down. What "platoon of pitchers" are going to turn the tables? I'm not saying weird things don't happen, but it should not be the theme of the night out of the announcers mouths.

Woohoo! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You know that we're ecstatic about our hosting, the incredible crowd, we look awesome, everyone can't deny it, the national audience sees it. and there's nothing the ESPN announcers can say to change the outcome of the games. But yes, I don't expect announcers, ever, to lean toward particular programs. It was one thing, in the past, after having been a year after year softball powerhouse, to be described as a "Cinderella", but UL softball has bushwhacked every program that these two ladies are familiar with as national powerhouses, somewhere in time. They looked like fools trying to will Arizona to a victory.

Yes, it chaps my butt to hear 50 comments giving Arizona 500 excuses. Even this BS about "traveling far from home", "being in a hostile setting", "not having their fans". how has it been for UL over the many years? We have had to put up with 500 more issues and we still kick ___! How about that being the only thing they say?

And like everyone is pointing out, what person in softball believes a pitching "bullpen" is the key to success. That's about like assessing the backup QBs in the Superbowl to predict a winner. It is a 5% data point. It was a dumb comment. If Hamilton was wilting last night. or there was word she had a bleeding blister on her throwing hand, it would be a point of discussion. And besides, Arizona threw their two top pitchers and didn't shut us down. What "platoon of pitchers" are going to turn the tables? I'm not saying weird things don't happen, but it should not be the theme of the night out of the announcers mouths.

Woohoo! Geaux Cajuns!!!
    Well, it was these two who also called our regional for ESPN3. They tried to will Texas to victory, too.

Once the runs piled up, they had no choice but to change their tune.

Today. we hit first.

10. UL Softball Re: Super Regional G1: Louisiana (5) vs Arizona (3) FINAL

The only time a bull pen helps is if you have to pitch two games back to back in the same day. Christiana wins the first game as usual and it is not an issue. At the WCWS there is no doubt one pitcher can take you all the way. Very few teams have lost and come back. So to even mention pitching depth is silly. These gals just looking for words to fill the air. Instead they should have been showing an awesome crowd from afar, slowly zooming in tight. Talking about love of Cajun softball in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    BTW, been to the Sun Belt website this morning? Apparently the big story of the conference is Gag State in 6th place at NCAA Golf. Must have been a slow news day for S-B@C sports yesterday. Nothing else of note happened last night.

SuckBalls, together we sink. Thanks, Karl.
    SunBelt site has Cajuns softball win on main page.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Woohoo! Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I hear what you're saying and I agree. Just wanted to point out that, IMO, the positives from last night outweighed the negatives. I guess I'm not as annoyed as everyone else due to the fact that I have very low expectations from ESPN and their commentators.

Geaux Cajuns!!

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Before the game started, I meant to say that I expected Walsh to get it going. So I'm saying right now that Fernandez will swing away and poke one into right like she did a few games ago.
    They were giving Fernandez a huge gap in right center last night. I'd love to see her smash one in that gap for a triple!

RESPECT IS NOT GIVEN . IT IS EARNED ! WE NEED TO EARN IT TODAY . LOUDER AND PROUDER !!! POSITIVE ENERGY !!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    SunBelt site has Cajuns softball win on main page.
    Wasn't there when I posted. Guess they slept late this morning

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information