Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2008 bowl projections

Default Re: More bowl projections

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ ArkSt. fan do you see 3 SBC teams getting in? _
    If we get three eligible, I think so.

Birmingham is going to be open for one slot and they have to take an available Sun Belt.
    Indy is a closer call but they could potentially be short on both sides. If they are open, they have to take an available Sun Belt if one is left after Birmingham/St. Pete take teams (I don't think St. Pete will be short).

Even if Indy doesn't have a spot, I don't think the Texas Bowl is going to have one or both of their contracted teams. Even though they don't have a deal with the Sun Belt, they don't have anyone in the neighborhood to pick from other than a Sun Belt team.

Right now the big thing is getting three eligible.

Don't forget there is a second Sun Belt bowl dark horse other than ASU. FIU has to win three of the final four but of the four, three are at home and the other is grueling trip to FAU.

Quote Originally Posted by keithj View Post
    _ ESPN released their bowl predictions.

Bowl (Matchup)

Mark Schlabach

Bruce Feldman

R+L Carriers New
    Orleans

(C-USA vs. Sun Belt)

Houston
    vs. Louisiana-Lafayette

Tulane vs. Louisiana-Lafayette

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowlpr.n=2008&week=10

Interestingly, they have Troy in the Papa Johns Bowl and Arkansas State in the Independence Bowl. I suppose they feel the bottom of the SEC won't make it to 6 wins. It would be nice to give the Belt a chance to make some noise. _

UL is a HOT item right now on a national level. Our Homecoming theme was "We are LOUISIANA". When is UL going to take a stand with the national media and tell them to call us UL and Louisiana, athletically? We may never have a better time to do so. And, I don't mean just the statement in the Football Media Guide. I mean sending out a statement nationally that athletically, we want to be called Louisiana. It worked at Kansas State. It will work nationally, if we have the ba**s to do it.

Watch the replay on CST. It will make you proud.

When we get to the NO Bowl we will have a National Stage to make a statement.

when is the replay on CST?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    _ when is the replay on CST? _
    noon tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    _ when is the replay on CST? _
    I think Jay said Tuesday at Noon. I recorded it on PVR and will be watching it again. My wife was laughing at me. She said I just saw the game at Cajunfield and I had to tell here I did see what was going on in the pile. I think she already knows I am a nut.

I think the SEC only gets one in the bcs. the championship game will eliminate one. only way they get 2 is if Bama wins the SECCG. the loser will go to the Cap1 and the second place team in the East, if they have one loss, gets a BCS bid.

I'm torn. I would like to see UL in the Indy Bowl against a BCS team. but I'd love to go party in New Orleans and see Bourbon decked in Vermillion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information