Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ark State Fan has an interesting bowl take.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Ark State Fan has an interesting bowl take.

Commenting on the latest Rival projection:

"Whoever is doing it doesn't realize how things work.

Let's say the Trojans win the league as they project, the Cajuns and Red Wolves finish bowl eligible and the SEC is unable to finish with teams available for Birmingham and Shreveport.

It won't be Troy to NO, UL to Indy, ASU to Bham.

ESPN owns the Bham Bowl they will ask that Troy be released so they can sell more tickets. Bowl revenue outside the richest games comes down to tickets sold, Troy can make more in Birmingham and the band can come much more cheaply (ie. lower cost higher revenue). Troy will agree. New Orleans will agree to release them as well.

The Cajuns will go to New Orleans. They like Troy will happily agree and the bowl knows they'll sell more tickets so they agree.

The Red Wolves will be headed to Shreveport in this scenario. Birmingham is slightly shorter from Jonesboro (less than 30 minute difference) so either makes no difference but for the Central Arkansas fan base Shreveport is two hours closer and for the south Arkansas folks (ASU has had at least one radio affiliate in south Arkansas for decades due to local kids playing up there) it is even closer. Plus there is the historic element of the Independence Bowl getting approved by pointing to ASU's undefeated season the year before approval.

Order of finish won't matter in this situation because ignoring order of finish makes more money for each Sun Belt team and each bowl game."

Default Re: Ark State Fan has an interesting bowl take.

I'd love to win the conference outright so that we didn't have to worry about bowls releasing whomever and asking other teams to go, and just have us automatically in the New Orleans Bowl so that the others can sort themselves out. But however it had to happen, it would be pretty great for the Sun Belt if we got 3 teams into those 3 regionally-close bowls so that our fanbases could travel and we could put up a good show for the rest of the country. Who knows, if we do that well enough for another couple years, we could get another couple AUTOMATIC bowl bids instead of these "if they can't make it, you're in" bids that we have now.

"The Cajuns will go to New Orleans. They like Troy will happily agree and the bowl knows they'll sell more tickets so they agree."

I'm ready, my wallet's ready, let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ "The Cajuns will go to New Orleans. They like Troy will happily agree and the bowl knows they'll sell more tickets so they agree."

I'm ready, my wallet's ready, let's do it.

_

If the Cajuns play in the NO Bowl, NO will not know what hit it. New Orleans will be taken over by Cajun fans. Bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Commenting on the latest Rival projection:

"Whoever is doing it doesn't realize how things work.

Let's say the Trojans win the league as they project, the Cajuns and Red Wolves finish bowl eligible and the SEC is unable to finish with teams available for Birmingham and Shreveport.

It won't be Troy to NO, UL to Indy, ASU to Bham.

ESPN owns the Bham Bowl they will ask that Troy be released so they can sell more tickets. Bowl revenue outside the richest games comes down to tickets sold, Troy can make more in Birmingham and the band can come much more cheaply (ie. lower cost higher revenue). Troy will agree. New Orleans will agree to release them as well.

The Cajuns will go to New Orleans. They like Troy will happily agree and the bowl knows they'll sell more tickets so they agree.

The Red Wolves will be headed to Shreveport in this scenario. Birmingham is slightly shorter from Jonesboro (less than 30 minute difference) so either makes no difference but for the Central Arkansas fan base Shreveport is two hours closer and for the south Arkansas folks (ASU has had at least one radio affiliate in south Arkansas for decades due to local kids playing up there) it is even closer. Plus there is the historic element of the Independence Bowl getting approved by pointing to ASU's undefeated season the year before approval.

Order of finish won't matter in this situation because ignoring order of finish makes more money for each Sun Belt team and each bowl game." _
    ArkStFan is absolutely correct in his assessment. We went over the same scenario on BEV yesterday.

I guess this goes on the assumption that the acedemic violations recently reported at ASU will not affect this season and any penalties (forfiets of the first two conference wins) will not be levied until well after the conclusion of the season.

I say we just win the SBC and not have to worry about it.

Noticed tickets are 40 for first level, 40 (sideline) and 20 (endzone) for second level, and third level. not bad at all. I'll be going.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ ArkStFan is absolutely correct in his assessment. We went over the same scenario on BEV yesterday. _
    Sorry BOP, I was in transit and missed the show.

Z

I would rather win the conference and then choose to go to the Indy bowl up in Shreveport because it is a more prestegious bowl. A win there over a beatable BCS opponent would go farther than a win in the NO Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    A win there over a beatable BCS opponent would go farther than a win in the NO Bowl. _
    I just want us to beat FIU first.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ ArkStFan is absolutely correct in his assessment. We went over the same scenario on BEV yesterday. _
    Jay, isn't this similar to what happened a couple years ago with MT going to the Motor City Bowl as Sun Belt champs and Troy going to the new Orleans Bowl? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I would rather win the conference and then choose to go to the Indy bowl up in Shreveport because it is a more prestegious bowl. A win there over a beatable BCS opponent would go farther than a win in the NO Bowl. _

A payout of 3 times what the NO bowl would give us is why I'd love to be in Shreveport. NO would be great for the game and the amount of fans we'd bring but I'd take the money and play a better opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Jay, isn't this similar to what happened a couple years ago with MT going to the Motor City Bowl as Sun Belt champs and Troy going to the new Orleans Bowl? Or am I remembering that incorrectly? _
    Troy was the conference champion that year not Middle.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ A payout of 3 times what the NO bowl would give us is why I'd love to be in Shreveport. NO would be great for the game and the amount of fans we'd bring but I'd take the money and play a better opponent. _
    Well the conference takes all the money and splits it up so it does not matter money wise where we go.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ A payout of 3 times what the NO bowl would give us is why I'd love to be in Shreveport. NO would be great for the game and the amount of fans we'd bring but I'd take the money and play a better opponent. _
    We would have a great showing in Shreveport as well its only 4 hours away. It would also help us out in recruiting North Louisiana.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information