Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jambalaya Recipe help????

Default Re: UL Students Announce "Grand Slam Jambalay Cook-Off"

Where's the Beef/seafood?.

2. UL Softball Re: UL Students Announce "Grand Slam Jambalay Cook-Off"

I thought "Lady Cajuns" was a no, no. Mixed messages from UL.

3. Default Re: UL Students Announce "Grand Slam Jambalay Cook-Off"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I thought "Lady Cajuns" was a no, no. Mixed messages from UL.
    That is a misnomer, it's never been a 'no no' any more than "Cajuns" by itself has been a 'no no.'

Both are stand alone terms that were taken off of uniforms the same year.

If you misunderstood that I expect this to blow out of proportion.

FREE FOOD !!!!!!Another reason to watch SOFTBALL.PACK THE PARK !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    FREE FOOD !!!!!!Another reason to watch SOFTBALL.PACK THE PARK !!!
    Free with a ticket or donation.....remember, It's about the fundraiser.

6. Default Spice up your weekend with jambalaya

There are two types – creole and cajun. One main difference is creole uses tomatoes while cajun does not. Today's recipe is creole jambalaya. It's basically a one-pot meal. While it takes a while to prepare, it is worth it. If you can, smoke the chicken.

7. Default Neighbor's Favorite Recipe: Grandma Lessie's Cajun Jambalaya - Appeal-Democrat

"It's my Grandmother Lessie's recipe with a little tweaking," explained Maggie Capitano talking about her Cajun-style jambalaya. "My granny never really had a recipe; it was like some of this and some of that. She just made it. Then my mom just made it ...

8. Default Evolution of a Dish: Jambalaya

Louisiana's history brims with different peoples and cultures, all of whom claim roles in jambalaya's delicious creation: Spaniards, Frenchmen, Creoles, Cajuns, and African Americans. Thanks to the melting pot that comprised its origin, lots of ...

9. Default Jambalaya Calculator for Tailgating

Instead of a hardback book or an e-cookbook, the calculator is in the form of an Excel spreadsheet, one that could only have come from Louisiana -- the land of big-batch outdoor cooking of all kinds. Want to make jambalaya for 150 of your nearest and dearest? Change the numbers in the pink cells. You will need 60 pounds of meat and 24 pounds of long-grain rice.

10. Default Re: homecoming attendance

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    We have another guy who will have a large pot of jambalaya ready by 10. Should be plenty to eat both before & after depending on preference
    Someone help this couyon out. I’ve actually never made jambalaya, what’s the ratio for liquid to rice so it’s not mushy?

Sincerely,

Late bloomer Cajun

Default Re: Jambalaya Recipe help????

I always shoot for a 2:1 ratio

Default Re: homecoming attendance

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Someone help this couyon out. I’ve actually never made jambalaya, what’s the ratio for liquid to rice so it’s not mushy?

Sincerely,

Late bloomer Cajun
    Here ya go, link to an excel spreadsheet called Jambalaya Calculator. Helps with ratios

Jambalaya calculator

Default Re: Jambalaya Recipe help????

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    Cooking a jambalaya for about 40 people this weekend... I don't have a recipe and was going to get one off of the internet, but figured I'd see if any of you tailgators had a tried and true recipe you wouldn't mingd sharing. Can't wait til Saturday... GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!
    I use the John folse recipe. Super easy to scale as big as you want. Bourque’s hot pork smoked sausage is the key ingredient imho

14. Default Re: Jambalaya Recipe help????

Default Re: Jambolaya Recipe help????

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan View Post
    If you have not attempted a jambalaya before, your best bet would be to cook the rice separate from the meat and vegies and them combine in the end....kind of like a rice dressing. This method does not produce the best taste, but it is better than hard rice, or worse burnt rice.
    If you cook the rice separate that is not a jambalaya that is a rice and gravy. Rice cooking in the pot is what makes it a jambalaya.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information