Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cajuns get some love from Sports Illustrated

Default Re: Cajuns get some love from Sports Illustrated

Can anyone post a direct link to the original article? The way the Advertiser describes it is that UL understands that while they aren't considered baseball elite by the fans of the elite (IE LSU) they aren't about to accept that as their place. In other words, we have something to prove & we're not gonna stop until we've proved it. Pretty much warning the baseball demigogs that if they think UL is gonna show up at Omaha like a kid on their first trip to Disney World then they better get ready for the @$$ whipping they are about to receive at the hands of the Cajuns. But it doens't matter whether they believe it or not right now. This team will make them believers, or give them confirmation that they should have believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Can anyone post a direct link to the original article? The way the Advertiser describes it is that UL understands that while they aren't considered baseball elite by the fans of the elite (IE LSU) they aren't about to accept that as their place. In other words, we have something to prove & we're not gonna stop until we've proved it. Pretty much warning the baseball demigogs that if they think UL is gonna show up at Omaha like a kid on their first trip to Disney World then they better get ready for the @$$ whipping they are about to receive at the hands of the Cajuns. But it doens't matter whether they believe it or not right now. This team will make them believers, or give them confirmation that they should have believed.
    http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/ar.going-anywhere

Thanks. First of all this is great. This was an AP article. Secondly, I can't beleive this. I can't believe this. There is no freaking way I thought this team could be painted as Cinderella. Yet that is what is going on. Tony isn't even having to do the work. The national media is still going to paint this team as Cinderella no matter what. Let em have at it. In the end does it really matter? As long as you win it all & show you have the championship metal & the balls. Does it matter that they try to paint you Cinderella? As long as they don't conspire to turn your carriage into a pumpkin it's all good. Let us embrace Cinderella all the way to not one, but two national titles. But Cinderella must have been one bad @$$ _____ after all.

I believe any "smaller" school (minus Rice and CSF) doing as well as we are would get labeled as a Cinderella by the media. I have no problem with the term.

I do get a annoyed when our softball program gets labeled as Cinderalla though as they are basically the Cal State Fullerton of softball.

"Know our place." Put that on the f'n bulletin board! The past success of other programs don't mean ____ today! Hell today don't mean ____ today! That ____es me off!

6. Default Re: Cajuns get some love from Sports Illustrated

Cinderella has always always always meant a team who sneaks in to the tournament and make a run.

The connotation is "undeserving/fortunate.

Cinderella has never ever ever been applied to a national seed.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Cinderella has always always always meant a team who sneaks in to the tournament and make a run.

jmo
    Like many others, I felt that was how the word was used. Now I'm changing my mind, at least whenever applied to the Cajuns. I'm taking it back to the literary meaning. Oppressed and forbiddened but doing it despite the overlords. F the NCAA and all the evil stepsisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

jmo
    It's true. You're right. But don't you guys see the beauty in this. Everyone is beginning to realize where this school is nationally in both of the spring sports. So now the jealousy starts to develop. How do those who can't overcome rationalize? They either associate the team they know has champion written on their breastplate with characterizations that attempt to marginalize their accomplishments, or they make excuses & lodge baseless accusations. The best part of it all is while doing this they justify their own worthiness by how they almost competed with you in some of their contests against you. Just imagine the ULM coach is justifying his team's whole season by how they "hung" with UL in two of three of their contests. This is the price of greatness. To suffer the unreasonable accusations, anger, excuses, and comparrisons of others who could not accomplish what you accomplished is true greatness defined. This is even further proof that all of UL's competitors realize how great they are. This my friends is how respect is poorly defined by one's adversaries.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

To do that article right, considering they mentioned the SEC, they should have said we beat Alabama 2oo3 and LSU (rain shortened) in our only opportunities to play the SEC. And we crushed the SBC. And yes. everyone has to qualify their regular season ranking in postseason. We are no different. Bring it on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information