Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wade Simoneaux Let Go

1. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Wade Simoneaux Let Go

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Different discussion, but there are probably too many 4-year schools/D1 programs in the state, given this size. Florida has about a dozen D1 programs and 19 million people. Louisiana almost 2 million people and about as many programs, I think. I'm too lazy to count the state program totals. I admit it.
    Not arguing with your thoughts, but actually Louisiana is a shade over four.six million strong, and ranked 25th.

Default Re: Wade Simoneaux Let Go

dfw is over 6 million in population and has 3 D1 baseball teams. Dallas Baptist; UTA & TCULouisiana is splitting up their 4.6 population considerably more12 D1 baseball teams if I'm counting right.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not arguing with your thoughts, but actually Louisiana is a shade over four.six million strong, and ranked 25th.
    Thanks I was thinking of employment data, which I work with daily.

Reality is, Tech's baseball recruiting budget was about $10,000

Baseball is allowed 11.7 scholarships. Tech funded 7.3. Wade had to go raise the rest himself.

The tragedy is, whoever they hire will get more than that.

I'm telling you. Tech puts every freaking nickle they have into football and men's hoops. They don't care about the rest of the programs and haven't since they started giving all their money to travel agents for expenses in the WAC.

Yep, that move might have gotten them into CUSA. But Dykes sold out their football with JUCOs and they're going to continue to be in bad shape in CUSA. Hoops was good.but next year it will be 30 years since they've been to the NCAA tournament.

What good is it to be in that league if you can't compete.

And, they can't. Cause they're broke.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

Baseball is allowed 11.7 scholarships. Tech funded 7.3. Wade had to go raise the rest himself.

I'm telling you. Tech puts every freaking nickle they have into football and men's hoops. They don't care about the rest of the programs and haven't since they started giving all their money to travel agents for expenses in the WAC.

Yep, that move might have gotten them into CUSA. But Dykes sold out their football with JUCOs and they're going to continue to be in bad shape in CUSA. Hoops was good.but next year it will be 30 years since they've been to the NCAA tournament.

SEPARATION!

Ouch.but very true. Left out the long term reality of recruiting the wonder that is Rustonia to 18 year olds.

Yeah but. never mind I got nothin

It all begins and end with dollars. Money fixes a lot of recruiting deficiencies.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Gosh. Jay was so succinct on each point.

I was just thinking like everyone else, "What famous baseball dad spermed a mini me to keep Tech's last name jism skism going?"

10. Default Re: Wade Simoneaux Let Go

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Tell you one thingthis new AD is a over for themfacilities got moving, really good Wbb hire, and I think they will get a good hire as they will promise the coach the world ANd lie like their modus operendi has always done!!
    Of course you do. As well as all the things Tulane is doing. You know how we know. Because you talk about tech and Tulane at nauseam on this board

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Gosh. Jay was so succinct on each point.

I was just thinking like everyone else, "What famous baseball dad spermed a mini me to keep Tech's last name jism skism going?"
    Does Mario Mendoza have a son?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Does Mario Mendoza have a son?
    I don't know, but I am pretty sure Bob Euker does. Not only did Bob spend his MLB career flirting with the mendoza line, he was also a funnier guy than Lou Holtz.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I don't know, but I am pretty sure Bob Euker does. Not only did Bob spend his MLB career flirting with the mendoza line, he was also a funnier guy than Lou Holtz.
    I'm not sure those Necks would get Euker's humor.

Now that's just a flat-out lie. Tech invests plenty in their other programs.

Just look at their track and field complex. Sure there's no bleachers or press box, but check out this impressive cinder block wall:

This addition cost literally hundreds of dollars!!! And as you can see, it was built to be fully functional. You can lean on it, put a bag on it, or even pee behind it. Really first class.

Not convinced? Well here's their softball complex:

This first-class facility includes press box seating for 4, room for dozens of fans, and enough room to pull up a coke wagon to sell concessions out of. And just look at that lighting system!

It is no wonder La Tech is sometimes considered the premier athletic program in the Ruston-Grambling metro area.

Thanks CajunRebel. When I get to a computer a +1 headed your way.

Louisiana Tech. The flagship university of the Ruston-Grambling area.

And check out the color coordinated garbage can at the softball field. I'm impressed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information