Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wade Simoneaux Let Go

Default Re: Wade Simoneaux Let Go

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    don't think you can call it getting fired, just that his contract expired and Tech chose not to renew it
    First, not demeaning the decision which probably had to be made, but I do find it interesting that schools will get rid of a coach who works on a limited budget and has to work to build a program and then go out and spend more money and guarantee a bigger budget for the sport. I always wonder if they would have spent more money in the years leading up to the dismissal would the situation have been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    First, not demeaning the decision which probably had to be made, but I do find it interesting that schools will get rid of a coach who works on a limited budget and has to work to build a program and then go out and spend more money and guarantee a bigger budget for the sport. I always wonder if they would have spent more money in the years leading up to the dismissal would the situation have been the same.
    a good coach can find talent no matter what the budget maybe

I agree that good coaches find talent others overlook despite the budget. ULM has done a good job of that for years in many sports and I respect them for that.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree that good coaches find talent others overlook despite the budget. ULM has done a good job of that for years in many sports and I respect them for that.
    They've definitely been able to compete with Tech for sure.

Z

the problem with Simoneaux is he couldn't find talent and he really couldn't coach to save his life

Then hire a new coach making the same or less money and don't give them anything more than the old coach worked with.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Then hire a new coach making the same or less money and don't give them anything more than the old coach worked with.
    I think Tech's going to find a way to raise the budget of the next coach

How so? Tech had trouble raising money for a small time end zone facility.

a good coach can find talent no matter what the budget maybe
    True, but what talented player will want to play in a dump?

10. Default Re: Wade Simoneaux Let Go

Tell you one thingthis new AD is a over for themfacilities got moving, really good Wbb hire, and I think they will get a good hire as they will promise the coach the world ANd lie like their modus operendi has always done!!

Why didn't they do that for Sim before letting the program hit rock bottom?

They could always hire The a Rev. Toothpick. He already lives in Ruston so they won't gave to pay moving expenses. And there won't be any conflict with the Toothpick about putting fans in the stands because no one goes to their games anyway.

When their baseball commitment rivals the hoax, this is what you get. Other than geographical mileage, tech=ulm.

Different discussion, but there are probably too many 4-year schools/D1 programs in the state, given this size. Florida has about a dozen D1 programs and 19 million people. Louisiana almost 2 million people and about as many programs, I think. I'm too lazy to count the state program totals. I admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Different discussion, but there are probably too many 4-year schools/D1 programs in the state, given this size. Florida has about a dozen D1 programs and 19 million people. Louisiana almost 2 million people and about as many programs, I think. I'm too lazy to count the state program totals. I admit it.
    Could someone count the state program totals for Dad04? Maybe after you finish Boomer's combined win total count?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information