Thread: In other softball regional action

Default In other softball regional action

Alabama eliminates USA 3-0 to win the Tuscaloosa regional.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Alabama eliminates USA 3-0 to win the Tuscaloosa regional.
    Almost everything has been chalk this year. For the first time ever, I like chalk.

At least until OKC.

Default Re: In other softball regional action

Baylor & Tulsa locked I pitcher duel. 0-0 10th

Damn. RPI killer. LOL

Tulsa Softball ‏@TulsaSoftball
    Erica Sampson WALKOFF HOME RUN! Tulsa wins 1-0 in 11, and we're playing again! #TulsaSB #TUnited

Looks like Missouri may be the first national seed to the house. Nebraska up 5-1 in the "if necessary" game.

Auburn trying to force if necessary, tied with Minnesota 3-3 in 7th

Last edited by TravlnCajun; May 18th, 2014 at 04:01 pm. Reason: Wrong opp

Arizona State was just knocked out by Michigan. Bottom of the 7th with Michigan leading 5-4 and two outs with a runner on first the Zona State batter nails one to center field. It appeared to be about six inches over the top of the fence when the Michigan center fielder pulled it down to end the game.

I think this is only the second time since the start of super regional play that Arizona State gets knocked out at the regional stage.

Georgia is up 2-0 on NC State in the second. If they hang on to win that will be fourteen of sixteen national seeds that advance.

In nine regionals they played out as seeded (yeah I know they don't really seed each regional but we know who is who). That is to say that the #1 seed went 3-0, the #4 seed went 0-2, the #2 seed went 2-2, and the #3 seed went 1-2.

9. Default Re: In other softball regional action

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Georgia is up 2-0 on NC State in the second. If they hang on to win that will be fourteen of sixteen national seeds that advance.

In nine regionals they played out as seeded (yeah I know they don't really seed each regional but we know who is who). That is to say that the #1 seed went 3-0, the #4 seed went 0-2, the #2 seed went 2-2, and the #3 seed went 1-2.
    ----Great way to look at who was placed where and its outcome ---really good post!!!

10. UL Softball Re: In other softball regional action

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Arizona State was just knocked out by Michigan. Bottom of the 7th with Michigan leading 5-4 and two outs with a runner on first the Zona State batter nails one to center field. It appeared to be about six inches over the top of the fence when the Michigan center fielder pulled it down to end the game.

I think this is only the second time since the start of super regional play that Arizona State gets knocked out at the regional stage.
    I taped this game and just finished watching with Megan and Shannon. Very exciting finish. You could tell that Carol Hutchins thought that shot by Amber Freeman was gone and the game was over … then when Lyndsay Doyle went up to catch the ball against the CF wall, her expression completely changed to one of amazement and joy.

Brian

Thread Information