Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

Default Re: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    What does Rob Lee say? _

He says BS (and I'm his spokesperson).

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ The La Tech coaches said that Rob Lee said that the Cajuns would no longer play Tech.

What does Rob Lee say? _
    I assume Rob Lee says, "there are 2 sides to every story".

We are only getting your side.

Z

3. Default Re: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

Well that is helpful information thennow we can pressure Dooley to renew.

P.S. - I like playing the Cajuns and want the series to continue. _
    I can't speak for every UL basketball fan but I know most want it to. It's too hard scheduling good OOC games at home to pass on a series with a program like yours -

(1) you're nearby,

(2) we've probably played you more than anyone else,

(3) a history of great, exciting ball games no matter what decade you talk
    about.

PS Win or lose come back here after the game and tell us what you thought of the Cajundome as a basketball venue.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Well that is helpful information thennow we can pressure Dooley to renew. _
    All BS aside. Hope this mess eventually gets cleared up. Would certainly like to play you guys in all sports, but then again that makes too much sense!!

I believe the most intriguing matchup between our schools wont even involve a Mens sport, as your womens softball team makes a visit here for a tourney in early spring 2009. I'll definitely try to make that.

Z

Default Re: LA Tech vs. UL-Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by Puffdaddy View Post
    OK, Louisiana will have to deal with the "Paper Dogs" of LAtech. I really think the transfers will try to do a lot since it is their first game. Showing off is another word. Hopefully we can have a full complement of players that are healthy so there are no excuses from both sides.
    Predictions

Louisiana 67
    LA tech 63
    We won't have a full compliment of players as Daigle and Gradnigo are out while the two UNLV transfers won't become eligible until mid December.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    That's a great question. Hopefully someone in the know will give us some
    insight. If he has only a half year to play it seems like a senseless situation
    for both parties involved. All these players needing the 80% for the extra year, if it doesn't play out, could come back to bite us in the arse. IMHO
    Adeife having only one year left and Roberson having two makes no sense to me. If you look at their history, it is very similar. No one has been able to explain this to me yet. Even if it is only one year, having Adeife here makes sense as he will be near the top of the league in shot blocking. He could help us get into post season play.

The La Tech coaches said that Rob Lee said that the Cajuns would no longer play Tech.

What does Rob Lee say?
    Simple really, we are already on the hook for too many road games on the schedule next year and need more home games. If Tech would agree to come here next year to start the next series, we would have a deal. I understand Tech's reluctance to come here for two consecutive years however. Keep in mind, that we went to your place first to start the current series. Perhaps the series can start again in Ruston the year after next when we won't be obligated for so many road games. As for our reluctance for another road game next year, keep in mind that the SBC says our road games can't exceed the sum of our home games plus neutral court games. I don't think there should be any bad blood here as both schools should understand the others point of view. Feel free to bring this explanation over to the Tech boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Even if it is only one year, having Adeife here makes sense as he will be near the top of the league in shot blocking. He could help us get into post season play. _
    Not to nitpick but he won't be playing a full season.
    By post season do you mean getting past the play-in game of the Sunbelt tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Not to nitpick but he won't be playing a full season.
    By post season do you mean getting past the play-in game of the Sunbelt tourney.
    Adiefe will be playing about 3/4 of a season. However, he will play a full conference season. By post season play, I did mean playing past the conclusion of the Sun Belt tourney. Obviously, having something like what happened against Troy occur again will be very disappointing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information