Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

UL Basketball LA Tech vs. Louisiana

This is my scouting report on LA-Tech Men's Basketball

Starters-
    #22 Kyle Gibson 6'5 205 PG (Moved to point this year. Really is a 3.)
    #10 Jamel Guylon 6'3 180 SG (Junior College Transfer)
    #5 Olu Ashaolu 6'7 230 SF Redshirt Freshman 3* coming out of Highschool Highly Recruited
    #15 Magnum Rolle 6'11 225 PF Transfer from LSU 5*
    #40 Kenneth Cooper 6'10 260 C Transfer from OK State 4*

Key Reserves
    David Jackson 6'8 F Jr. Transfer
    Adrian Rogers 6'6 F Sr. Team Captain
    Brandon Gibson 6'5 Fr. 3* coming out of Highschool
    Shawn Oliverson 6'10 C Soph.
    Anson Barlett 6'3 G Fr
    James Loe 5'11 PG Sr.

Not a bad lineup at all. They should compete to win the WAC this year. This is surely not the same team we lost to last year. This is not the team who couldn't hit the rim last season against Texas Tech. (Sportscenter made a really funny segment about them last season)
    The only weakness I see in their team this year is not having a true point guard. James Loe started some games last season and even scored 10 against us but he will be coming off the bench. The coach is putting his best players on the court at all times. I'm not sure if he's on the hot seat, but with this teams expectations he should win at least 18-20 games this season.

UL fans don't be surprised if the Bulldogs come to the dome and try to ruff up the young pups before we get our size at mid-season. Jeremy Barr will be battling big Kenneth Cooper, a 4 star recruit from Richwood (Monroe,LA) who once signed with UL-Lafayette then decided to go play for a bigtime program up in Oklahoma.

Magnum Rolle will be really great in this situation. He was stuck behind some NBA fowards at LSU and didn't have the patience to wait it out. Rolle, who's brother played at UL (Valentio Hart) almost had him at UL before he decided to go to LAtech.

The leader of this team is Kyle Gibson. He is a scoring machine, who drives to the hole with no regards . I don't know how the move to point will help. Coach might leave him at the 3 and move Olu Ashaolu at the 2 and start someone else. You never know until gametime.

The only thing that worries me about this game is the offensive and defensive rebounding capabilities of this Bulldog roster. We still only have Barr at Center, but with two top big men. The length of Rolle and the muscle of Cooper will give our Baby Shaq trouble. I really don't think Wallace or Johnson can compete with these two men.

The key to this game will be our speed and depth at the guard positions. I really do think our guards will be a force. McCoy, Daigle, Gradnigo, Bureau will have to step up really big. LaRyan Gary will start this game, but I see him struggling. We have to use our speed and home court advantage. McCoy is the only player that has to adjust to playing in a large arena. Good luck Cajuns!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: LA Tech vs. UL-Lafayette

Puff D, we enjoy your posts. Thanks for your insight. Dont call us UL-Lafayette. We are UL or Louisiana.

Thanks,

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Puff D, we enjoy your posts. Thanks for your insight. Dont call us UL-Lafayette. We are UL or Louisiana.

Thanks,

Z _

aww Z,
    Give puff a break. He only called UL-Lafayette once and used UL several other times.
    La Tech is pretty damn good on paper. Although, I have never really been impressed with Magnum Rolle's game. I like what Wallace can do with Rolle. Rolle plays with no passion and I can see Wallace getting under his skin (like he does with most players). Height difference would be my only major concern. I think UL will come out and play a fast paced game against La Tech and the team with the best depth on bench will win.

I cannot wait to play Lafayette this year

http://www.goblueraiders.com/schedul.ll/season/2008

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    _ I cannot wait to play Lafayette this year

http://www.goblueraiders.com/schedul.ll/season/2008 _
    Last chance would be 12/02/08 when Murphry's hood gets plowed under.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Puff D, we enjoy your posts. Thanks for your insight. Dont call us UL-Lafayette. We are UL or Louisiana.

Thanks,

Z _
    Ardoin School of basketball journalism?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Last chance would be 12/02/08 when Murphry's hood gets plowed under.
    _
    Really? Thought we played Lafayette in November.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    _ aww Z,
    Give puff a break. He only called UL-Lafayette once and used UL several other times.
    La Tech is pretty damn good on paper. Although, I have never really been impressed with Magnum Rolle's game. I like what Wallace can do with Rolle. Rolle plays with no passion and I can see Wallace getting under his skin (like he does with most players). Height difference would be my only major concern. I think UL will come out and play a fast paced game against La Tech and the team with the best depth on bench will win. _
    La Tech always talks a good game.in everything! LOL!! Sorry about harassing Puff but he's a Lafayette guy, he knows better.

Z

OK, Louisiana will have to deal with the "Paper Dogs" of LAtech. I really think the transfers will try to do a lot since it is their first game. Showing off is another word. Hopefully we can have a full complement of players that are healthy so there are no excuses from both sides.
    Predictions

Louisiana 67
    LA tech 63

Quote Originally Posted by Puffdaddy View Post
    _ OK, Louisiana will have to deal with the "Paper Dogs" of LAtech. I really think the transfers will try to do a lot since it is their first game. Showing off is another word. Hopefully we can have a full complement of players that are healthy so there are no excuses from both sides.
    Predictions

Louisiana 67
    LA tech 63 _

Z

What I'm boring you or something????

_ What I'm boring you or something???? _

Who, me? Heck no, I like the prediction. That's why I put the smiley face.

Z

Ragin' Cajuns Re: LA Tech vs. UL-Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    _ I cannot wait to play Lafayette this year

http://www.goblueraiders.com/schedul.ll/season/2008 _
    i didn't know the blue raiders played lafayette high in basketball. never would have thought it. geaux louisiana!

Thanks, still new to this forum. Hope the Cajuns get that big man from Dallas. Jared Shaw. It was funny cause Colby Batiste was he tour guide for the weekend and they went to the Northside vs. Teurlings game and it was funny to meet him. When he said his name I thought about the Jared Shaw that play football and basketball for Northside who plays guard for Tenn. Well anyway, his got a really small frame but I don't think he is a legit 6'10 Colby who is 6'9 was ruffly the same height. But I've only heard great things about him. He's a 3 star recruit who can block shots. I would take him over Javan Mitchell in a heartbeat. Javan is about 6'8 but at St.Martinville he could barely dunk and he was widely know for being lazy. It would be a huge pick up for the Cajuns and the future of this team. I really thought Adeife had two years of left. Really must have been bad to leave and only get a half of year to play somewhere else. Does anybody know if he finishes 80% of his degree will he get a fifth year? I know we have quite a few on our team that really needs to get that fifth year. Randell, La'Ryan, Brandon. That will help out a whole lot since the entire team will be leaving in two seasons except for Gradnigo and Bureau.

_ I really thought Adeife had two years of left. Really must have been bad to leave and only get a half of year to play somewhere else. Does anybody know if he finishes 80% of his degree will he get a fifth year?
    That's a great question. Hopefully someone in the know will give us some
    insight. If he has only a half year to play it seems like a senseless situation
    for both parties involved. All these players needing the 80% for the extra year, if it doesn't play out, could come back to bite us in the arse. IMHO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information