Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

Default Re: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

The situation with Adefie is not the same as the other guys who have to complete 80% of thier degree in 4 years. As of right now the 1 game he played at UNLV before leaving counts as his Junior year. After this season he can apply with the NCAA to get that year back. This is like what happened with Dwayne Mitchell his sophmore season at Auburn except Dwayne only played in exhibition game, so everyone was confident he would win the appeal and he did. Adefie played in a regular season game (and maybe exhibitions too I'm not sure) so its not a lock to win the appeal the way Mitchell's situation was.

Default Re: LA Tech vs. UL-Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by Puffdaddy View Post
    _ Thanks, still new to this forum. Hope the Cajuns get that big man from Dallas. Jared Shaw. It was funny cause Colby Batiste was he tour guide for the weekend and they went to the Northside vs. Teurlings game and it was funny to meet him. When he said his name I thought about the Jared Shaw that play football and basketball for Northside who plays guard for Tenn. Well anyway, his got a really small frame but I don't think he is a legit 6'10 Colby who is 6'9 was ruffly the same height. But I've only heard great things about him. He's a 3 star recruit who can block shots. I would take him over Javan Mitchell in a heartbeat. Javan is about 6'8 but at St.Martinville he could barely dunk and he was widely know for being lazy. It would be a huge pick up for the Cajuns and the future of this team. I really thought Adeife had two years of left. Really must have been bad to leave and only get a half of year to play somewhere else. Does anybody know if he finishes 80% of his degree will he get a fifth year? I know we have quite a few on our team that really needs to get that fifth year. Randell, La'Ryan, Brandon. That will help out a whole lot since the entire team will be leaving in two seasons except for Gradnigo and Bureau. _
    No, Adiefe will not get another year. As for Mitchell, he will fine. He is still grwoing and his game has improved. Several ACC teams are calling him now, as he played well against good competition this past summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, Adiefe will not get another year. As for Mitchell, he will fine. He is still grwoing and his game has improved. Several ACC teams are calling him now, as he played well against good competition this past summer.
    I don't think it is a definite that Adeife won't get another year. It will be worthwhile to attempt an appeal regardless of the odds. Of course, he may have to graduate in order to have a chance. I went to the scrimmage today and he will make a significant impact near the basket on defense for us. Although he and Roberson will both miss a few games,
    they both will be eligible for the first conference game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I don't think it is a definite that Adeife won't get another year. It will be worthwhile to attempt an appeal regardless of the odds. Of course, he may have to graduate in order to have a chance. I went to the scrimmage today and he will make a significant impact near the basket on defense for us. Although he and Roberson will both miss a few games,
    they both will be eligible for the first conference game. _
    Mike, I'm going by what the staff told me. I don't think he will have any eligibility left. But his shot blocking ability around the basket, along with Batiste and Johnson will give the Cajuns better defense inside the post.

This guy is only going to play a semester. What a crock of recruiting.
    Lee was going to build this program with high school recruits. The year he recruits high school players they all have to sit out their first year and
    "might" get that year back if they are 80% complete towards graduation.
    Excuse me if I don't think there aren't just as many what-ifs and transfers
    and JCs as Evans had in his tenure.I'm not seduced by the siren's song!

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ This guy is only going to play a semester. What a crock of recruiting.
    Lee was going to build this program with high school recruits. The year he recruits high school players they all have to sit out their first year and
    "might" get that year back if they are 80% complete towards graduation.
    Excuse me if I don't think there aren't just as many what-ifs and transfers
    and JCs as Evans had in his tenure.I'm not seduced by the siren's song! _
    Name me one player who has been academically ineligble to play under Coach Lee. I am not talking about props. I can name you several under Evans.

At Baja on Thursday, Coach Lee said that 9 of his former players since he has taken over as head coach have graduated. How many under Evans?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Name me one player who has been academically ineligble to play under Coach Lee. I am not talking about props. I can name you several under Evans.

At Baja on Thursday, Coach Lee said that 9 of his former players since he has taken over as head coach have graduated. How many under Evans?
    All three of the guys who were props in their first year are on track to get their fourth year back. Those are Daigle, Dison, and Gary. I don't like having Adeife for only 3/4 of one season any more than anyone else. However if he has enough impact to get you to post season play, it is a gamble just about all mid major schools would take. I don't know if that will be the case but I do know our interior defensive play will be improved with his contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    _At Baja on Thursday, Coach Lee said that 9 of his former players since he has taken over as head coach have graduated. How many under Evans? _
    I'm not sure. Maybe we can ask Coach Lee as he was there.
    Just what were Coach Lee's job duties under Evans? Seems like his hands
    were clean of any mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't like having Adeife for only 3/4 of one season any more than anyone else. However if he has enough impact to get you to post season play, it is a gamble just about all mid major schools would take.
    Always looking for the positives in these situations, Adeife will give us some depth especially if Courtney Wallace red shirts due to his injuries or is limited by them. Adeife could be worth his weight in gold by SBC tourney time.

Last year most preseason gloom and doomers had the Cajuns winning at most 8-9 games. So this preseason, it's apparantly questions about the recruiting of certain players on the roster.

Me, I just don't want to lose to the LaTexsters on Nov 15th and then we can go from there. I'm remembering this was the worst basketball team in the country last season and we lost to them.

Geaux Cajuns!

10. Default Re: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

Greetings Cajuns, I'll be attending the game Saturday night. It will be my first trip to the Cajun dome.

I hear that both of us have had our lineups disrupted in various ways and I hate that we can't have complete rosters for the matchup.

I'm really looking forward to it and of course expecting/hoping for a La Tech victory!

It seems that the home team usually wins in our series so I'm nervous of course.

Also, why did the Cajun coaches punk out of future series between our two schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    _ Greetings Cajuns, I'll be attending the game Saturday night. It will be my first trip to the Cajun dome.

I hear that both of us have had our lineups disrupted in various ways and I hate that we can't have complete rosters for the matchup.

I'm really looking forward to it and of course expecting/hoping for a La Tech victory!

It seems that the home team usually wins in our series so I'm nervous of course.

Also, why did the Cajun coaches punk out of future series between our two schools? _
    not sure man but im looking forward to the game. we should play every year. i hope we can compete without two of our big starters. go cajuns

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Greetings Cajuns, I'll be attending the game Saturday night. It will be my first trip to the Cajun dome.

Also, why did the Cajun coaches punk out of future series between our two schools? _
    We were told latex punked out. Let the misinformation campaign begin!!!!

Z

Gosh dang, maybe it was not the Cajun coaches that "punked out". Just maybe??

Pull that Latex cover off your head and think about this. We BOTH need a good ongoing home and home series in basketball with a close by OOC program. If it's one that's got a little juice to it, then all the better.

So, why would we pass on a H&H with LaTex?

14. Default Re: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ We were told latex punked out. Let the misinformation campaign begin!!!!

Z _
    The La Tech coaches said that Rob Lee said that the Cajuns would no longer play Tech.

What does Rob Lee say?

15. Default Re: LA Tech vs. Louisiana

P.S. - I like playing the Cajuns and want the series to continue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information