Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rivals Bowl Predictions.hhhmmmmm?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Rivals Bowl Predictions.hhhmmmmm?

Default Re: Rivals Bowl Predictions.hhhmmmmm?

That would be sweet for me
    I get back from Mexico on the 28th

igeaux.mobi

3. Default Re: Rivals Bowl Predictions.hhhmmmmm?

Two different bowl predictions, this and ESPN, and the same predicted matchup team. I supose we match up pretty well against Connecticut

They also have Arkansas State in the Texas Bowl with Kansas St.

TEXAS BOWL, Houston - Dec. 30, 8 p.m., NFL Network
    Matchup: Conference USA 6 vs. Big 12 9
    This week's projection: Arkansas State* vs. Kansas State

5. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Rivals Bowl Predictions.hhhmmmmm?

3 Sunbelt teams predicted to be in bowls. Seem like we are moving up in peoples opinion.
    Good for the Sunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Birmingham?! Make my reservations early for the Hotel Zerangue. I get dibs on the sofa!

Probably due to a VERY weak SEC this year compared to previous years.
    Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, MSU, Kentucky, Auburn all look like they might miss bowl games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ Probably due to a VERY weak SEC this year compared to previous years.
    Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, MSU, Kentucky, Auburn all look like they might miss bowl games this year. _
    kentucky already at 5 wins, and very, very likely they win at least one more to get to a tie-in game. tennessee and ole miss both need some wins, but looking at their schedule i would expect at least one of them to get there. arky, msu and auburn in big trouble. you left off vandy, but after a 5-0 start, if they don't beat duke in their next game, there's are real chance they don't get bowl eligible.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Man, Auburn looked terrible last night. Was it 31 unanswered points from WVU?

Sonn- Since you know more about the SEC, do you see Auburn making a change at HC if they go 5-7 or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Birmingham?! Make my reservations early for the Hotel Zerangue. I get dibs on the sofa! _

I would sure like to see that prediction change from Birmingham to Houston and send Ark. State to Birmingham. It makes a lot more sense from the Texas Bowl perspective to have a Louisiana team in it. Houston is UL's largest alumni base outside of Lafayette (over 4,000 members). Given the # of people who attended the UH game a couple of years ago and the many more who would attend a bowl game, it would appear to be a better choice for the Texas Bowl committee. And, if we stay on track as the #1 rushing team in the country, with two 1,000 yard rushers, and only the 7th player in NCAA history to rush for over 1,000 yards in 4 consecutive years, this would be a great drawing card. Add to that, if Dr. S says that "We are LOUISIANA" for athletics is how we will proceed, the name Louisiana will be a more attractive opponent and a better drawing card than Louisiana Lafayette. All of that said, I would still prefer to win the conference over Troy and go to New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Playing against and beating a BCS team in our first bowl game. That would be awesome.

UL Football Re: Rivals Bowl Predictions.hhhmmmmm?

This all true, but I want to win the Belt.

The last time I checked, the Cajuns were in 1st place. That means New Orleans Bowl.

At this point, that should be the plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Birmingham?! Make my reservations early for the Hotel Zerangue. I get dibs on the sofa! _
    Can I have the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Man, Auburn looked terrible last night. Was it 31 unanswered points from WVU?

Sonn- Since you know more about the SEC, do you see Auburn making a change at HC if they go 5-7 or worse? _
    they wanted to fire him years ago when he was doing better and was out-recruiting 'bama easily. now he's going to likely miss a bowl, and will lose most of his most sought-after recruits to nick. i'm not sure what his contract looks like, but i'm sure a large block of the fan base, and especially that big-shot booster, lowder [i think] will think they need to go in a new direction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information