Thread: St. Petersburg Bowl?

Default Re: St. Petersburg Bowl?

Only issue I see is that the St. Petersburg bowl is a UCSA tie-in not a SBC tie-in

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    _ Only issue I see is that the St. Petersburg bowl is a UCSA tie-in not a SBC tie-in _
    You are right. But ESPN is assuming that there will not be another bowl-eligible CSA tie-in to fill that slot. In that case, for this particular bowl, the SBC has the next shot. If there is a bowl eligible team in the SBC, they get the nod.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: St. Petersburg Bowl?

The only sucky thing about this bowl is that there wouldn't be many of us that will get to see that game live.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ The only sucky thing about this bowl is that there wouldn't be many of us that will get to see that game live. _
    I agree. But if you go out and win the Sun Belt, this won't be an issue and we can pack the Dome on the 21st of December.

A) St. Petersburg Bowl is on a Saturday and at 4:30 when only 1 NFL game is played that night at 8:30, rather than the New Orleans bowl which is played at the same time as the Sunday Night Football game.

B) Big East vs. C-USA leads me to believe that it will be a bigger paying bowl. With the way we are playing right now, we can beat just about every team in the Big East and/or C-USA.

I would love to be able to go watch the Cajuns at the New Orleans bowl, but I would rather watch it on TV if the financial and recruiting prospects are greater at the St. Petersburg Bowl. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ A) St. Petersburg Bowl is on a Saturday and at 4:30 when only 1 NFL game is played that night at 8:30, rather than the New Orleans bowl which is played at the same time as the Sunday Night Football game.

B) Big East vs. C-USA leads me to believe that it will be a bigger paying bowl. With the way we are playing right now, we can beat just about every team in the Big East and/or C-USA.

I would love to be able to go watch the Cajuns at the New Orleans bowl, but I would rather watch it on TV if the financial and recruiting prospects are greater at the St. Petersburg Bowl. JMO. _
    Hey at this point a bowl game is a bowl game. I don't think we should be looking down our nose at any bowl game. If we don't win the Belt I will take it! Tampa is not that far away.

Thread Information