Thread: Basketball: Saturday morning scrimmages

Default Basketball: Saturday morning scrimmages

Will there be any open to the puplic this year as in past years?
    Sure liked me some Meches' and bball practice on a cool Saturday morning.

2. Default Re: Basketball:Saturday morning scrimmages

Meches' Morning Madness.

On another note; LA Tipsters magazine has a real nice write up on Byron Starks.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Basketball:Saturday morning scrimmages

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ Will there be any open to the puplic this year as in past years?
    Sure liked me some Meches' and bball practice on a cool Saturday morning. _
    I was wondering the same thing...I went to a few of the previous practices, but is the UL facility open too?

Default Re: Basketball:Saturday morning scrimmages

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...I went to a few of the previous practices, but is the UL facility open too?
    Went by tonight, and they were practicing, but the facility was locked. Just had to go by and watch a little baseball practice instead.

Default Re: Basketball: Saturday morning scrimmages

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ Will there be any open to the puplic this year as in past years?
    Sure liked me some Meches' and bball practice on a cool Saturday morning. _
    Practice is definately open to the public tomorrow. It is part of the "Family Adventure Day" From 9-11 families can observe practice from a "special viewing area" at the indoor facility. After that, the kids can meet and greet with the bb players and run drills with them... from 11-12...

I went to tonight's practice. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Could be a while, it was a busy night....did volleyball, and men's and women's bball.

Doubt, I'll go tomorrow...Moncla's an "intimate" facility to say the least. I have no idea where they put more than a dozen or so spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ I went to tonight's practice. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Could be a while, it was a busy night....did volleyball, and men's and women's bball.

Doubt, I'll go tomorrow...Moncla's an "intimate" facility to say the least. I have no idea where they put more than a dozen or so spectators. _
    It wasn't designed for spectators since it was built as a practice facility.

Thank's for clearing things up for me Fan.

Anyone recognize this player? putting numbers only on the backs of the practice jerseys is killing me

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ Thank's for clearing things up for me Fan.

Anyone recognize this player? putting numbers only on the backs of the practice jerseys is killing me
    _

La'Ryan Gary

Us out-of-staters heard a lot about transfers, big men, walk-ons, non-scholarship players. Can someone publish the squad, what they think is starting line up, size, grade and if scholarhip or not. If transfer, where from. Last i checked, wasn't much on UL's site.

Thanks,

Trigger

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Basketball: Saturday morning scrimmages

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ Us out-of-staters heard a lot about transfers, big men, walk-ons, non-scholarship players. Can someone publish the squad, what they think is starting line up, size, grade and if scholarhip or not. If transfer, where from. Last i checked, wasn't much on UL's site.

Thanks,

Trigger _
    Trig,

Go to the start page of Ragin Pagin and click on Puff Daddy's evaluation of this year's team. Everything you need is there.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ Trig,

Go to the start page of Ragin Pagin and click on Puff Daddy's evaluation of this year's team. Everything you need is there. _
    Hey, if you haven't heard from me at about 7:00-7:15 send me a text or call me...I tend to get forgetful in my old age.

Z

This year will be so much fun. DUNK YOU VERY MUCH!!

igeaux.mobi

My guess:

1st team
    PG- Ryan McCoy best pure PG we have
    SG- Travis Bureau best all round athlete
    SF- Chris Gradnigo best pure scorer
    PF- La'Ryan Gary great athlete that can do a little of everything
    C- Jeremy Barr has a big body 6-9 and 260 lbs. High recruit out of HS. Signed with USC then transferred to Nebraska before coming here.

2nd team
    PG- Randall Daigle best shooting PG by far. Can really shot the 3
    SG- Brandon Dison best perimeter defender and shoots a nice 12-15 footer
    SF- Lamar Roberson may end up starting. Sitting out the fall semester due to transfer rules. Has played at Houston and UNLV. He is a scoring gaurd in a 6-8 body. Could be a special player.
    PF- Tyren Johnson has high upside. 6-8 with a wide wing span. Best all round defender who is improving on offense.
    C- Emmanual Adiefe will also sit out the fall semester due to transfer rules. Has already played at Houston and UNLV before coming here. 6-11 and can run the floor. Athletic for his size.

3rd team
    PG- Willie Lago is a 2 year starter with experience. May redshirt. Ok all round player but does't bring anything special to the floor.
    SG- Cory Bloom has the prettiest 3 pt shot on the team. He is 6-6 and can shoot but does not do much of anything else well.
    SF- David Tanner is a Juco transfer. 6-6 200 player. Should redshirt.
    PF- Colby Batiste is 6-9 220. I don't know much on him except he is a Juco transfer who has grown 2" and put on 30 lbs. since HS.
    C- Courtney Wallace- He is a 2 yr. starter and could start again this season but he had offseason should surgery. Due to the influx of talent and he has a redshirt avaliable he will most likely redshirt. He plays very though and shoots a nice 12 ft shot from top of the key. Not very tall for a C and plays below the rim.

This could be a very special team if the team gels and playes together. With Millsap leaving who was the best all round player we had last season, this team should be more united. Millsap seem to not play well within the system and his loss may be a plus. We return 9 players who lettered last season. We added 4 very good players who will play key roles in positions we needed help or depth. Last season Daiglewas not a true point and now we added McCoy. With the loss of Millsap we added Roberson who is taller and has better offensive skills but may lack Millsap defensive skills. Finally last season we had no true big man and now we add 2 players in Barr 6-9 and Adeife 6-11.

We should redshirt about 4 or so players but due to Adeife and Roberson having to sit out the fall semester and missing 7-8 games we may only redshirt 3 players. My guess is Tanner, Lago, and Wallace. Once we have all players going and if this team plays with chemistry, I don't see any weaknesses and we could easily be looking at a 20-25 win season including the post season games. This is by far the deepest team UL has ever had. My 2nd team could easily beat the 1st team on any given night and the 3rd team has 3 guys with D1 starting experience. My biggest concern is the players must learn their roles because there will not be enough basketballs to go around.

Thread Information