Thread: Upcoming NCAA Baseball Selections

Default Upcoming NCAA Baseball Selections

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I am firing up the stove. Hang in there.

It is the system . once we adapted to the system (RPI and scheduling) . and continued to play at a high level . we were able to reap the rewards.

Brian
    How does this make you feel about our baseball chances now sir? PS you a bad man Brian.

2. Default Re: NCAA Softball Selections

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    How does this make you feel about our baseball chances now sir? PS you a bad man Brian.
    It is going to be tight. The RPI Top 16 is still very tightly packed. We must sweep this weekend, else we are behind the RPI 8-ball. Home losses are killers. We will see a modest drop in our RPI (value) with a sweep . factoring in just the ULM series (not our opponents and opponents' opponents performance). The Cajuns will then need to play a very good Sun Belt Tournament in Mobile. There are not many RPI friendly games in the Sun Belt . and that is all we have remaining before selection time.

Brian

Default Re: NCAA Softball Selections

It is going to be tight. The RPI Top 16 is still very tightly packed. We must sweep this weekend, else we are behind the RPI 8-ball. Home losses are killers. We will see a modest drop in our RPI (value) with a sweep . factoring in just the ULM series (not our opponents). The Cajuns will then need to play a very good Sun Belt Tournament in Mobile. There are not many RPI friendly games in the Sun Belt . and that is all we have remaining before selection time.

Brian
    Now this sucks. So let me get this right. You are saying once again that we could win our way all the way to the end of the season & STILL drop out of the RPI top 8 in baseball? Forgive me my softball people for raining on your victory parade.

4. Default Re: NCAA Softball Selections

Now this sucks. So let me get this right. You are saying once again that we could win our way all the way to the end of the season & STILL drop out of the RPI top 8 in baseball? Forgive me my softball people for raining on your victory parade.
    We are already outside the RPI Top 8 (currently at #9). Our Strength of Schedule is #111. That does not mean that we will not get a national seed, but it gives the committee an opportunity to pass us over. There is also not much RPI space between #9 and #17 . but the gap has widened a little in the last two weeks.

Brian

We are already outside the RPI Top 8 (currently at #9). Our Strength of Schedule is #111. That does not mean that we will not get a national seed, but it gives the committee an opportunity to pass us over. There is also not much RPI space between #9 and #17 . but the gap has widened a little in the last two weeks.

Brian

Brian
    I didn't realize this. So this happened while we were sweeping USA?

BWK, while the SBC is a very good softball conference, baseball pretty much has fallen off the face of the earth.

7. Default Re: NCAA Softball Selections

I didn't realize this. So this happened while we were sweeping USA?
    Our RPI went up slightly with the sweep of South Alabama on the road. Teams around us moved up a little more.

Warren Nolan Baseball RPI

Brian

Our RPI went up slightly with the sweep of South Alabama on the road. Teams around us moved up a little more.

Warren Nolan Baseball RPI

Brian
    Damn. The yin & the yang of it all.

Default Re: Upcoming NCAA Baseball Selections

How much did Alabama and LSU not playing the third game hurt us?

So we need the LTURds to win at least one against Rice this coming weekend. Gives Rice the double whammyhome loss and RPI hit for playing a very poor team 3 times (OWP).

Why we can't lose.ULM is not that much better than LTURd in RPI. Same double whammy scenario applies to UL.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    How much did Alabama and LSU not playing the third game hurt us?
    I was wondering the same thing

12. UL Baseball Re: Upcoming NCAA Baseball Selections

Probably a good thing that game was canceled. LSU very likely to win the series. This way their path is stunted. Bama needs to up their game a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Probably a good thing that game was canceled. LSU very likely to win the series. This way their path is stunted. Bama needs to up their game a lot.
    So Nola was gonna pitch on Sunday too?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    So we need the LTURds to win at least one against Rice this coming weekend. Gives Rice the double whammyhome loss and RPI hit for playing a very poor team 3 times (OWP).

Why we can't lose.ULM is not that much better than LTURd in RPI. Same double whammy scenario applies to UL.
    Yes, a home loss to ULM will be damaging. But a home loss to LT would be considerably more damaging.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post

Thread Information