Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HOME SWEET HOME: Cajuns Earn No. 6 Overall Seed in NCAA Tourney

1. Ragin' Cajuns HOME SWEET HOME: Cajuns Earn No. 6 Overall Seed in NCAA Tourney

LAFAYETTE, La. - With a 44-8-1 record and a Sun Belt Conference Championship under their belt, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns softball team received a No. 6 national seed in the 2014 NCAA Softball tournament, and will host the opening NCAA Regionals that begin on Friday at Lamson Park.

The NCAA Lafayette Regional will be played on Friday, May 16 through Sunday May 18 with the Cajuns taking on Texas Southern (31-18) on Friday at 6 p.m., with Texas (33-21) and Mississippi State (38-19) playing at 3 p.m. Both games on Friday will be televised nationally on ESPN3.

"It means a lot to this program," head coach Michael Lotief said of getting a national seed. "It's respect to this group of kids and shows their body of work throughout the season. There are so many good softball teams in the country and to be chosen by the committee as one of the top eight seeds is a testament to how they have played throughout the year.

"It also allows our fans to be here and go on this journey with us. If we are going to do this, it is going to be because of our fans and we are going to do it side-by-side. We are going to have to play good softball with some quality programs coming in here. We are going to have to be our best day in and day out."

The Cajuns are making their 24th trip to the NCAA Tournament, and have never missed the tournament under Lotief. They have advanced the the NCAA Super Regionals in three of the last four years, including last season when they swept the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional to advance to the NCAA Ann Arbor Super Regional.

"This is obviously a tremendous honor for our softball program to earn a national seed," Director of Athletics Scott Farmer said. "We look forward to hosting three great teams this weekend while showcasing one of college softball's premier facilities and the greatest fan base in the country."

Tickets can be purchased by filling out this form and bringing it to the CAJUNDOME ticket office, or by scanning it and emailing it to ULTickets@Cajundome.com. All seats will be assigned and will be allocated by 2014 RCAF Donor Level, with season ticket holders getting priority over all others.

2014 Regional and Super Regional Order Form fill out form, scan and email to ultickets@cajundome.com

Default Re: HOME SWEET HOME: Cajuns Earn No. 6 Overall Seed in NCAA Tourney

"Congrats Ladies!" "Good Job Girls!".

Well done ladies. Congrats on this much deserved recognition, respect, and honor. Hopefully, this is only step one in what you will accomplish this season. Geaux Cajuns!

Congrats ladies!!!!! It was so so so awesome to see all the tweets from current and former players yesterday evening. The Cajun Nation is with you 100%. Give 'em hell this weekend. #Louisiana #OKC

5. Default Re: HOME SWEET HOME: Cajuns Earn No. 6 Overall Seed in NCAA Tourney

The gap between the feeling I had when the season started and today is 1000 miles wide.

CongratULations Ladies.

UL Softball Re: HOME SWEET HOME: Cajuns Earn No. 6 Overall Seed in NCAA Tourney

http://www.katc.com/news/ticket-info.aa-tournament/

I love the reaction from the team!!

So does this mean that if we win the regional, we will host a super regional as well?

Yes.

Default Softball press conference?

Anybody know where I can find video of the softball press conference after our game tonight?

10. Default Re: Softball press conference?

Part of it here.

Default Re: Softball press conference?

Thanks!

UL Softball True storyUL Grad.UL Fan.RCAF Member.

J-Town has a friend/coworker that graduated from UL and has been a Louisiana fan for sometime now. She had Never been to a UL Softball game until the first Regional game 2 weeks ago. I had an extra ticket, J-Town called me and I hooked her up with a ticket. My seats are right next to the brick wall behind where the batting circle for UL is located. She had a blast, then we walked over to the boys game and finished watching their gaame. Yesterday, Game 2 of the Super Regional I sent a text to J-Town and we hooker her up again, this time J-Town had some news for me, She had just joined the RCAF since the first game!

Thats to me an awesome story of how filling a seat with an extra ticket can morph into something pretty significant! Oh yeah she is also going to for the first time become a SEASON ticket holder for Football, Basketball(she is talking about), Baseball and Softball!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: True storyUL Grad.UL Fan.RCAF Member.

Great story, Daddy.

Z

14. This is so COOL Re: True storyUL Grad.UL Fan.RCAF Member.

Super

Default Re: True storyUL Grad.UL Fan.RCAF Member.

and who said softball doesnt generate money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information