Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Midnight Madness?

Default No Midnight Madness?

I can't believe their is no Midnight Madness because of a volleyball game. Why not have it after the volleyball game? I will miss the Slam-Dunk competition and the 3 point shooting contest. I am not happy.

Default Re: No Midnight Madness?

I am sure volleyball will be over by 8 or 9 pm. I'll get RASH to pass a broom and a mop. The doors could open around 11.

3. Default Re: No Midnight Madness?

I thought it was to install the scoreboard.

Still, if there is nowhere to hold the venue like Blackham Coliseum, Earl K. Long Gym, Bourgeois Hall, Indoor practice facility, Lafayette High, Abbeville, High, ANYWHERE . . . then turn it into a fan day.

I mean I didn't see the football team tring to kick 60 yard field goals for their meet and greet.

Just have something.

jmo

I agree!! They could have a meet and greet at the indoor practice facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I thought it was to install the scoreboard.

Still, if there is nowhere to hold the venue like Blackham Coliseum, Earl K. Long Gym, Bourgeois Hall, Indoor practice facility, Lafayette High, Abbeville, High, ANYWHERE . . . then turn it into a fan day.

I mean I didn't see the football team tring to kick 60 yard field goals for their meet and greet.

Just have something.

jmo _
    Two different games. Why not Earl K. Long?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    _ Two different games. Why not Earl K. Long? _
    Its not the only reason, the squad has too many athletes hurt right now.

Adiefe- pulled hamstring
    Roberson- don't remember the exact injury
    Dyson- fractured foot
    Barr- injured back
    Wallace- offseason shoulder surgery

Some buddies and I talked to Barr before the Kent St game and he said that they weren't having it due to the updates to the Cajundome.

And if we have that many injuries as stated above, i'd rather see them on the court than on the bench. Get them healthy and we'll just have to wait until the first real game.

Who is Warren? A foot fracture sounds serious, will Dison be out for awhile?

They can still hold a meet and greet, sign posters, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    _ Who is Warren? A foot fracture sounds serious, will Dison be out for awhile? _
    Mean't Wallace. Dison, doesn't know yet. Doctors will look at his foot soon to make sure the fracture is healed before releasing him.

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    _ They can still hold a meet and greet, sign posters, etc. _
    Just like you can host a meet and greet with Sheila and the Breaux Bridge GRRRRowlers. Wut up?!

Wallace could redshirt if hampered by the surgery, as long as Barr and Adefie get healthy.

One guy not on your injured list was Gary, has his knee healed up?

Sh/.,/., This sounds like the football team with all the injuries. I can't take anything less than 19-20 wins with a post season game, preferably the NCAA.

Lamar Roberson has an issue with a vein in his leg. He's set to have out-patient surgery in the next week or so. Will probably miss week or two while recovering and should be fine.

Good thing is Emmanuel Adeife (bad pulled hammy) and Roberson won't become eligible until after the first semester. Adeife will be a senior and Roberson a junior.

Coach Robert Lee said Brandon Dison could be ready in early November earlier in the week at the Sun Belt Basketball Tip-Off. He's unsure on when Courtney Wallace will be back from shoulder surgery in June.

There's also Corey Bloom, who has missed the past three weeks with back spasms.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Lamar Roberson has an issue with a vein in his leg. He's set to have out-patient surgery in the next week or so. Will probably miss week or two while recovering and should be fine.

Good thing is Emmanuel Adeife (bad pulled hammy) and Roberson won't become eligible until after the first semester. Adeife will be a senior and Roberson a junior.

Coach Robert Lee said Brandon Dison could be ready in early November earlier in the week at the Sun Belt Basketball Tip-Off. He's unsure on when Courtney Wallace will be back from shoulder surgery in June.

There's also Corey Bloom, who has missed the past three weeks with back spasms. _
    Looks like Courtney might be the guy with a red shirt on this season. Must have been a bad problem with the shoulder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information