Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rankings

1. Default rankings

2 services have us ranked at 84th---LSU is down to 49th in one poll-----Troy still leads our conf at about 51st!!!!!

Default Re: rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    LSU is down to 49th in one poll
    That's crazy. They're still a top 20 team.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ That's crazy. They're still a top 20 team. _
    Agreed. Any pole that has LSU 49th is worthless. 51 for Troy sounds about right.

UL Football Re: rankings

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Agreed. Any pole that has LSU 49th is worthless. 51 for Troy sounds about right. _
    Ditto, exactly! LSU is ranked 13th in some polls how can this one have them 49th. Nice to see UL climbing! Where is Ark St? I sure hope we have a Huge crowd and bring our A++ game! This one is big.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

*sports cliche coming.*

We will have to play our best game of the season so far to win this game. No way we can "squeak by" this week.

UL Football Re: rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    2 services have us ranked at 84th---LSU is down to 49th in one poll-----Troy still leads our conf at about 51st!!!!!
    This is my favorite rankings page, it basically takes all the rankings and sums them all up into one poll. We are ranked #96 in it, while ASU is #83. Not the best rankings, but a good guess since it uses them all.

http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

They have links to all 73 of the rankings at the top of the page.

Here are our current rankings in the 6 BCS computer rankings. (As of 10/13/2008)

Billingsly - 105
    Sagarin - 125
    Colley - 97
    Wolfe - Not out yet
    Massey - 108
    Anderson/Hester - 95

Believe it or not, the only time I've seen our rankings better than this was after we beat Houston and FAU in 2006. We all know what happened after that.

Let's just keep scoring 44+ on offense and we will be tough to beat. If these injuries on D keep coming, we'll have to start the Ragin Jazz guy.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: rankings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    Let's just keep scoring 44+ on offense and we will be tough to beat. If these injuries on D keep coming, we'll have to start the Ragin Jazz guy. _
    MAN, you tell HIM that, we'll never see him again!!

9. Default Re: rankings

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Ditto, exactly! LSU is ranked 13th in some polls how can this one have them 49th. Nice to see UL climbing! Where is Ark St? I sure hope we have a Huge crowd and bring our A++ game! This one is big. _
    Hey I picked our best and LSU's worst-----if I knew how to do it I would give the directions to get there!!!!

49th? Maybe we should be 51st after allowing that many points to Florida. Oh well, we could still lose one more game to an Eastern team (Georgia or South Carolina) and still have a great chance to win the West. I'm pretty sure Alabama will lose at least twice.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: rankings

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ That's crazy. They're still a top 20 team. _
    you care that much?? so what where they are. let them drown in it in for awhile. just keep saying to yourself--51 pts., 51 pts,.

_ Here are our current rankings in the 6 BCS computer rankings. (As of 10/13/2009)

Billingsly - 105
    Sagarin - 125
    Colley - 97
    Wolfe - Not out yet
    Massey - 108
    Anderson/Hester - 95

Believe it or not, the only time I've seen our rankings better than this was after we beat Houston and FAU in 2006. We all know what happened after that.

Let's just keep scoring 44+ on offense and we will be tough to beat. If these injuries on D keep coming, we'll have to start the Ragin Jazz guy. _
    I don't see how three of them have us ranked lower than 100. I can see us realistically in the 75 - 95 range, maybe rising up higher depending on how we do in the next few games. But 125? Are you freakin' kiddin' me?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    But 125? Are you freakin' kiddin' me? _
    I know, but these are computer rankings. They simply compare what you have done against your opponents and what your opponents have done against their opponents, then factor in things like conference strength, strength of schedule, etc. Most don't count margin of victory or defeat, so playing tight with Illinois and Kansas State don't do anything in the computers eyes, as they might in a human poll. Also, the fact that our conference has not done very well this year against other conferences is hurting us.

All in all, the BCS computer rankings mean nothing for us. All we need to do is win. Win ugly, win pretty, who gives a rat's a__. Just win.

_ I know, but these are computer rankings. They simply compare what you have done against your opponents and what your opponents have done against their opponents, then factor in things like conference strength, strength of schedule, etc. Most don't count margin of victory or defeat, so playing tight with Illinois and Kansas State don't do anything in the computers eyes, as they might in a human poll. Also, the fact that our conference has not done very well this year against other conferences is hurting us.

All in all, the BCS computer rankings mean nothing for us. All we need to do is win. Win ugly, win pretty, who gives a rat's a__. Just win. _
    Yep!!

_ I know, but these are computer rankings. They simply compare what you have done against your opponents and what your opponents have done against their opponents, then factor in things like conference strength, strength of schedule, etc. Most don't count margin of victory or defeat, so playing tight with Illinois and Kansas State don't do anything in the computers eyes, as they might in a human poll. Also, the fact that our conference has not done very well this year against other conferences is hurting us.

All in all, the BCS computer rankings mean nothing for us. All we need to do is win. Win ugly, win pretty, who gives a rat's a__. Just win. _
    Could these computers be the same ones the Nat'l Weather Service uses to plot hurricane paths and other weather data?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information