Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Game: Regional Projections (05/08/2014)

UL Baseball Perfect Game: Regional Projections (05/08/2014)

http://goo.gl/58PsQD

LAFAYETTE, LA
    1. Louisiana* (4)
    4. Southeast Missouri St.*

2. Houston
    3. Kentucky

BATON ROUGE, LA
    1. Louisiana State
    4. St. John's*

2. UC Irvine*
    3. Maryland

Default Re: Perfect Game: Regional Projections (05/08/2014)

Drawing Houston seems like it would be a pretty tough Regional.

Then hosting State?

I dont like it one bit!

Doesn't seem like too good a draw, but the #4 national seed? That's the highest I've seen. On another note, I don't see us escaping being paired with LSU if we're not both national seeds (and I don't see that happening.)

Man, every pairing we get is tough! We're gonna have to beat somebody, y'all.

Opening the CWS with Indiana? Sign me up for this one.

PS No way we get a #4 national seed.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Drawing Houston seems like it would be a pretty tough Regional.

Then hosting State?

I dont like it one bit!
    We are going to have to beat good teams to get to the NCAA World Series, so this projection is much better than having UNC and LSU in the regional. I have no problem with LSU coming here for a Super Regional, that means every game should be sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We are going to have to beat good teams to get to the NCAA World Series, so this projection is much better than having UNC and LSU in the regional. I have no problem with LSU coming here for a Super Regional, that means every game should be sold out.
    LSU would be lucky to survive Cal-Irvine. That would likely be a Louisiana-Cal Irvine super.

T I agree with you, but I also see any team coming here for a super regional selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    T I agree with you, but I also see any team coming here for a super regional selling out.
    I don't want to sell out our games with LSU fans. I want someone else for regionals, and someone else for Supers. I don't want them anywhere near here. and it's not because I'm scared. I want CAJUN NATION to feel at home without LSU BANDWAGON antics.

Keep in mind you'd probably only have about 200 tickets provided for the visitor in a SR scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Keep in mind you'd probably only have about 200 tickets provided for the visitor in a SR scenario.
    You also have a lot of dumb UL season ticket holder that rarely go, that would likely give/sell them to LSU friends/family instead of UL fans.

I think this regional would be optimal. Houston has a very solid pitching staff but not great swingers and only above average fielders…. Kentucky has a bad bad man named AJ Reed who both pitches and hits at an extremely elite level. Let Houston go toe to toe with AJ Reed in game one, then both teams are significantly weaker after game 1, whereas we don't have much drop off between Aut, Baranik and Boutte. I would like our chances in this regional…

This is the truth! Bring on any team.this is OUR time!

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I don't want to sell out our games with LSU fans. I want someone else for regionals, and someone else for Supers. I don't want them anywhere near here. and it's not because I'm scared. I want CAJUN NATION to feel at home without LSU BANDWAGON antics.
    If you want to be the best, then you have to beat the best! I want to win no matter whom the opponent, but beating a national power in the same state can only help your program in recruiting. I don't need to have LSU as an opponent to enjoy the regional, but it certainly would be enjoyable knocking them out of the NCAA Field!

If you want to be the best, then you have to beat the best! I want to win no matter whom the opponent, but beating a national power in the same state can only help your program in recruiting. I don't need to have LSU as an opponent to enjoy the regional, but it certainly would be enjoyable knocking them out of the NCAA Field!
    Exactly, T! I want nothing more than to beat Louisiana State.in my house.on my terms! The road to Omaha runs through Lafayette!

The Rice regional would be absolutely Brutal….

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information