Thread: University of Louisiana Center for Louisiana Studies names research fellows

1. Default University of Louisiana Center for Louisiana Studies names research fellows

The Center for Louisiana Studies recently announced appointments of five new fellows.

They are:

• Conni Castille, Center for Moving Image Arts and Department of English, University of Louisiana.
    • Dr. Robert Gramling, Center for Socioeconomic Research, University of Louisiana.
    • Charles E. Richard, Center for Moving Image Arts, Department of English, University of Louisiana.
    • Kari Smith, School of Architecture and Design, University of Louisiana.
    • Dr. Mary Ann Wilson, Department of English, University of Louisiana.

The fellows were named in recognition of their commitments to research, teaching and promotion of the various fields that make up Louisiana Studies.

"The fellows program is designed to reflect and encourage the interdisciplinary collaboration that is inherent to Louisiana Studies," said Dr. Michael Martin, the center director. "The newly appointed fellows will continue the Center for Louisiana Studies’ tradition of research, preservation and promotion of Louisiana’s rich history, cultures and peoples."

Fellows serve five-year terms working closely with CLS staff on research projects, participate in and advise on center projects and publications, and contribute to the growth of the center’s archival collections, according to Martin.

They join the CLS fellows named last year:
    • Dr. Barry Ancelet,
    • Dr. Joshua Caffery,
    • Dr. Paula Carson,
    • Dr. Tommy Michot
    • Dr. John Troutman .

Louisiana.edu

Default Re: University of Louisiana Center for Louisiana Studies names research fellows

Wow, Bob Gramling's still teaching? He taught me 35 years ago. A great Sociology professor.

Default Re: University of Louisiana Center for Louisiana Studies names research fellows

the thread title makes me think of "the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too"

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    the thread title makes me think of "the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too"
    What is this.a learning center for ants!!??

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    What is this.a learning center for ants!!??
    The real center has to be at least.3 times bigger than this!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    The real center has to be at least.3 times bigger than this!
    He's right.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Kind of heavy on the English. don't you think?

READ what you will into it!

9. Default Re: University of Louisiana Center for Louisiana Studies names research fellows

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Wow, Bob Gramling's still teaching? He taught me 35 years ago. A great Sociology professor.
    Yeah, taught me also in the 80's. Now every time I hear a bell, I start drooooling and get real hungry! I guess he quit screwing around with the electro-shock test and started doing real research. What's that, I need to eat!

Thread Information