Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Robichaux wants Cajuns' bullpen to get more consistent

1. Default Robichaux wants Cajuns' bullpen to get more consistent

As successful as the No. 3-ranked UL baseball team has been so far this season, almost any critique amounts to nitpicking.

Coach Tony Robichaux seems to sense that.

Default Re: Robichaux wants Cajuns' bullpen to get more consistent

What is Robichaux _____ing about? Doesn't he realize this team is 43-7? He's starting to sound like those guys down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    What is Robichaux _____ing about? Doesn't he realize this team is 43-7? He's starting to sound like those guys down the road.
    Too shay.

I wish CajunRage would go tell Robe he belongs across the basin like he told me Sunday when I brought this up.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I wish CajunRage would go tell Robe he belongs across the basin like he told me Sunday when I brought this up.
    ""Our biggest goal right now is to just try to get as consistent as we can," Robichaux said. "Right now we've been a little inconsistent over the last two weeks out of the bullpen, at the end of the game.

Far from your "same ole same ole" statement the other day. I'm glad I'm the first person you think of in the morning. Get over yourself. You were ranting that everyone in our bullpen sucked and if our starters don't throw complete games, we're screwed. Outside of Scoob we have been inconsistent lately. So what. No one has come up with another team in the nation that has a lights out bullpen this late in the season. Dad04 has been preaching it for weeks. Relief pitchers are starters that aren't good enough to start in college. Peaks and valleys. Even Jay talked about the umpires playing a large part in our bullpen issues. Tony won't say that on the record for obvious reasons. No more midweek games. Bullpen will be fully rested and whomever Tony thinks is the best outside of Aut, Baranik and Boutte will get the call.

Edit: And for the record, the tiger fan post had to do with you telling me that I made a "dumbass post" and then turning around and criticizing me for name calling when I fired back.

Haha!

Hit a nerve much?

Ranting?
    I have NEVER said that ANY athlete that wears vermillion red sucked. Dont put words like that in my mouth.

Youre the one who said we must have 43 complete games.

Go drink a cup of coffee and come back when ypu want to face reality.

Haha!

Hit a nerve much?

Ranting?
    I have NEVER said that ANY athlete that wears vermillion red sucked. Dont put words like that in my mouth.

Youre the one who said we must have 43 complete games.

Go drink a cup of coffee and come back when ypu want to face reality.
    Nah, I'm enjoying a special season. You keep being critical while I sit back an enjoy the best times in this university's athletic history. If anyone can right this ship, Tony can. And there's not a damn thing you, me or anyone else on this board can do about it.

BTW, we hit 30 points lower than our season average over the last 3 weeks. No one is complaining about that.

That is a good point about the hitting.
    I think after finals these MEN will turn in up!

GEUAX CAJUNS!

That is a good point about the hitting.
    I think after finals these MEN will turn in up!

GEUAX CAJUNS!
    Absolutely! Doesn't it feel good that we are having a good enough season to get into these scuffles? We could be hovering around .500 and trying to figure out how to get in to a regional. We are discussing what will/won't bring us a national championship.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post

BTW, we hit 30 points lower than our season average over the last 3 weeks. No one is complaining about that.
    Not much, I agree but there has been some mention of it, although I hadn't seen anyone mention the actual batting average. Most of the focus has been on the bullpen, but hitting has been noticeably weaker lately. My hope is that having no midweek games will help with both pitching and hitting. I'm also hoping the postseason will help rejuvenate everyone.

SLU,TXST and ASU can all pitch well

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    For the sunbelt. Be ready to face that every time out in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Yes they do. And, that's why I wrote the blog before the Texas State series about how crucial those eight games were going to be. We went 6-2 in those games, which, realistically, was what I was hoping for.

A word about umpires since it was brought up in this thread.

This year, and this is my opinion, there are a lot more umpires with postage stamp strike zones than in the past. The reason for this is the big conferences have, for the most part, gone to four umpires on conference weekends. That has diminished the pool of available umpires for the Sun Belt.

When conference tournament time rolls around, that won't be an issue. The SEC has been using 28 umpires per weekend. They'll use 12 max at the tourney. That leaves plenty for leagues like ours.

Just about every umpire we've seen (with notable exception of Keith Sanders, the Friday umpire) that has a tiny strike zone, are guys new to the league this year.

I DO feel as though those umpires have hurt us. With a good umpire, we probably get seven or eight out of Boutte. That would have been huge. Tight zone umpires run up pitchers pitch counts. Now, you may say that's true for both teams and technically you may be right. But there are umpires that, for instance, don't give the low strike. A pitcher with really good velocity can get away with pitching up in the zone. Baranik cannot. It depends on the pitcher. And, Hunter Moody would have gotten screwed by one of the guys this weekend. We didn't get an inside corner call the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    For the sunbelt. Be ready to face that every time out in the postseason.
    we went 6-2 and won both series, last I checked thats good enough for post season. If our pen doesnt collapse we go 7-1.

Did Bazar throw any?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information