Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible Bowl Game

Default Re: Possible Bowl Game

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Holy Hell guys! Why is that when we win 2 consecutive games we start talking about Bowl Games? We are 2-3! we've got a losing record fellas, and a very good Ark. St. team coming to town week after next, not to mention a trip to Denton this weekend. We go from "the season is over doom and gloom" to "Can we go to a more prestiges bowl than New Orleans". Stop talking about bowl games for Fenroy to get 2,000 yds. Let things play out. _
    Our seasons are usually over after week two. Let us dream a little.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Our seasons are usually over after week two. Let us dream a little. _

I was thinking the same thing. We obviously can't look past UNT, but it is FUN for the first time in a long time to be looking forward to the next game, another win, a shot at winning the conference, and a bowl game. IF we beat UNT, just think of the atmosphere at Cajun Field for the ASU game. It's a trip I will have to make. There hasn't been that much excitement since after we beat Houston and played MTSU. I just hope the outcome will be different, because we will have a lot of people excited about UL football again. I think this team is special and great things are in store for these guys this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I agree. Stevie P. siad this morning if everything stays the way it is he could see Fenroy getting 2000 yards this year.

Steve might be onto something because if he maintains his average through a bowl game he would have 1950 yards.

igeaux.mobi _
    First of all, I'm as big a Cajun fan as any, but you people need to chill. The Cajuns play UNT next. Period. End of story. 32 had 297 last week. The only thing down the road for the Cajuns and 32 is UNT. What if ? UNT Who ? UNT Where ? UNT. When ? UNT What about a bowl game ? UNT UNT UNT UNT Did I mention we play UNT next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim LeBlanc View Post
    _ First of all, I'm as big a Cajun fan as any, but you people need to chill. The Cajuns play UNT next. Period. End of story. 32 had 297 last week. The only thing down the road for the Cajuns and 32 is UNT. What if ? UNT Who ? UNT Where ? UNT. When ? UNT What about a bowl game ? UNT UNT UNT UNT Did I mention we play UNT next. _
    UNT!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFreak View Post
    _ UNT! _
    UNT? UNT!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ UNT? UNT! _
    You know who our biggest rival is?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    You know who our biggest rival is?
    You mean it's not Lame-O?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ You mean it's not Lame-O? _
    not this week

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ not this week _
    Well, who is it??? I'm dying here. Tell me who it is!!!

10. Default Re: Possible Bowl Game

_ First of all, I'm as big a Cajun fan as any, but you people need to chill. The Cajuns play UNT next. Period. End of story. 32 had 297 last week. The only thing down the road for the Cajuns and 32 is UNT. What if ? UNT Who ? UNT Where ? UNT. When ? UNT What about a bowl game ? UNT UNT UNT UNT Did I mention we play UNT next. _
    Man you are blUNT

When can we talk about the hUNT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I don't see much difference between predicting the season record and discussing what has to happen to get to a bowl game.

I mean if you predicted 8-4 (me) you pretty much predicted a bowl game before the season started.

I just think playing for something is better than being an independant and if you aren't independant, why not talk about the carrot and what needs to happen?

jmo
    igeaux.mobi _

Uh, see Troy last year and they had a marquee win over Oklahoma State. 8-4 does not guarantee anything for us even if we have only one loss the rest of the way because that ONE loss can put us in a tiebreaker situation like it did in 2005 or Troy did last year with FAU. Honestly, if you could say that we were going to lose one conference game this year, I'd say let it be FIU or NT. Either of those teams are going to be playing for the title so a tiebreaker loss to them is less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Uh, see Troy last year and they had a marquee win over Oklahoma State. 8-4 does not guarantee anything for us even if we have only one loss the rest of the way because that ONE loss can put us in a tiebreaker situation like it did in 2005 or Troy did last year with FAU. Honestly, if you could say that we were going to lose one conference game this year, I'd say let it be FIU or NT. Either of those teams are going to be playing for the title so a tiebreaker loss to them is less likely. _
    No conference losses at all! If there is a tiebreaker, it will go against us. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Well, who is it??? I'm dying here. Tell me who it is!!!

_
    The next team we play.

z

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Our seasons are usually over after week two. Let us dream a little. _
    Every fan in the country does it and all but a handful get disappointed every year. I delegate full responsibility to the coaches to have the players ready and to keep them focused and not behave like us fans.

If the Cajuns go to Denton with the same mindset they went to Ark. State last season with then expect a catastrophe. Otherwise, they win big as Denton is truly down right now as in how the Cajuns were in '97-'98-'99.

Just looking all the D1a records in the paper today I see So Miss has hit hard times since beating us and has Boise coming up next at home while UTEP has won their past 2 games impressively. You never know.

Kool Aid, Kool Aid, Tastes Great
    Kool Aid, Kool Aid, Can't Wait.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Coach Bustle, we are the fans, not the players. We do not need to chill. We have been frosty for a long time now, and we are just slightly pleased to see the oven cranking up. Now that I've said that, Coach, I do hope you have the players totally focused on NT this week. I get paid to do something completely different, and my being a fan is to say whatever, whenever I want about my excitement or my displeasure as a fan. As you and I have had this conversation before, you totally understood and agreed. Thanks Coach.

Precipate it. Geaux Cajuns!!! (working hard toward a bowl berth. the fans that is)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information