Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible Bowl Game

Louisiana S-Club Possible Bowl Game

It is great to see Tyrell Fenroy get all of this national attention, not only for himself but also for the Cajun football program. If he can continue to have a great year and continues to receive national attention it will pay big dividends come bowl selection time. In the past, the Sun Belt has missed out on deserving teams being overlooked for bowl games but if Tyrell can continue to stay in the national spotlight, a bowl selection committee will have a very good reason to invite the Cajuns and its "best back you never heard of". Tyrell may be the marquee player that can get the Cajuns in a bowl game if they are otherwise deserving.

2. Default Re: Possible Bowl Game

I agree. Stevie P. siad this morning if everything stays the way it is he could see Fenroy getting 2000 yards this year.

Steve might be onto something because if he maintains his average through a bowl game he would have 1950 yards.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Possible Bowl Game

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ It is great to see Tyrell Fenroy get all of this national attention, not only for himself but also for the Cajun football program. If he can continue to have a great year and continues to receive national attention it will pay big dividends come bowl selection time. In the past, the Sun Belt has missed out on deserving teams being overlooked for bowl games but if Tyrell can continue to stay in the national spotlight, a bowl selection committee will have a very good reason to invite the Cajuns and its "best back you never heard of". Tyrell may be the marquee player that can get the Cajuns in a bowl game if they are otherwise deserving. _
    Slow down Turbowe still have to win the Sun Belt and take care of the games we have left.

If we play consistent for the rest of the season everything will take care of itself. But first we must beat the hell out of UNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I agree. Stevie P. siad this morning if everything stays the way it is he could see Fenroy getting 2000 yards this year.

Steve might be onto something because if he maintains his average through a bowl game he would have 1950 yards.

igeaux.mobi _
    He could get over 200 yards again this week if we give him the ball 20 times again. Once he gets into the 2nd level he is gone, unlike his previous three seasons he has that top end speed to take it to the house.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Slow down Turbowe still have to win the Sun Belt and take care of the games we have left.

If we play consistent for the rest of the season everything will take care of itself. But first we must beat the hell out of UNT.
    You are so right, but since it hit the airwaves I thought I would chime in.

At first I thought it was far fetched . . . until I ran the numbers. It would take a bowl game as well.
    igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Possible Bowl Game

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ It is great to see Tyrell Fenroy get all of this national attention, not only for himself but also for the Cajun football program. If he can continue to have a great year and continues to receive national attention it will pay big dividends come bowl selection time. In the past, the Sun Belt has missed out on deserving teams being overlooked for bowl games but if Tyrell can continue to stay in the national spotlight, a bowl selection committee will have a very good reason to invite the Cajuns and its "best back you never heard of". Tyrell may be the marquee player that can get the Cajuns in a bowl game if they are otherwise deserving. _
    I don't want to bust your bubble, but we have to win 6 hopefully 7 or 8 games. Reason is still young. Don't put a jinx on us. Lets be humble about all this. The big test is Ark St.

Then get excited.
    I don't want to be pessimistic, but college football is college football and injuries could be our enemy. WE probably lost Fleming for the year, hopefully not. Right now, I want these men to WIN for themselves and to hell with the rest of us. We have been too wishey washey as of late. So, Go win for yourselves guys and get yourselves to a BOWL GAME.

Geaux Cajuns.

Lets try and beat the Mean Green first. This game will not be a freebee. I hope the team does not assume this game is in the bag, or they may be sadly disappointed.

We are not used to winning, we cannot look past anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    _ Lets try and beat the Mean Green first. This game will not be a freebee. I hope the team does not assume this game is in the bag, or they may be sadly disappointed.

We are not used to winning, we cannot look past anyone. _
    One should not look past anyone, even when they are accustomed to winning.

_ Lets try and beat the Mean Green first. This game will not be a freebee. I hope the team does not assume this game is in the bag, or they may be sadly disappointed.

The players really do need to take that approach and keep their heads screwed on. Our coaching staff better make it happen too.

Fans. well will be fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ One should not look past anyone, even when they are accustomed to winning. _

You are right. Look what happened to Tulane with winless Army. A loss to UNT would absolutely kill our season. We cannot take anyone forgranted.

Holy Hell guys! Why is that when we win 2 consecutive games we start talking about Bowl Games? We are 2-3! we've got a losing record fellas, and a very good Ark. St. team coming to town week after next, not to mention a trip to Denton this weekend. We go from "the season is over doom and gloom" to "Can we go to a more prestiges bowl than New Orleans". Stop talking about bowl games for Fenroy to get 2,000 yds. Let things play out.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ You are right. Look what happened to Tulane with winless Army.
    Even the freakin' Aggies beat Army.

Ouch.

AGREED! We are not talented enough nor have we shown, through recent history, any consistency in being able to play poorly but still come out on top. Especially with a team that throws the ball as much as these guys. We need to maintain focus and do what we have to do and then start worrying over bowl games.

I agree. It's way way too early to get excited. We got a lot of games left. We need to focus on improving our defense and staying away from the stupid penalties. The season is young. Let's take it one win at a time.

15. Default Re: Possible Bowl Game

I don't see much difference between predicting the season record and discussing what has to happen to get to a bowl game.

I mean if you predicted 8-4 (me) you pretty much predicted a bowl game before the season started.

I just think playing for something is better than being an independant and if you aren't independant, why not talk about the carrot and what needs to happen?

jmo
    igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information