Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New Scoreboard in the Dome

1. Default Re: Cajundome and Football??

Me and my friends were talking about Scotto the Genius last night. I love this board.

Default Re: Cajundome and Football??

I'll be ok.I think the one to worry about is "cajuns67" because I saw him consume about 4 of the big dome foams before halftime of the exhibition game and then he was looking for someone to top him off for the walk to the carwow!

Will direct tv have the troy game?

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    _ I'll be ok.I think the one to worry about is "cajuns67" because I saw him consume about 4 of the big dome foams before halftime of the exhibition game and then he was looking for someone to top him off for the walk to the carwow! _
    Yeah you better watch 67, that dude was begging me and anyone else who walked by Saturday night to go with him to Legends. That was only after he emptied out my ice chest and 12 hours of tailgating.

5. Default Facilities

I was just wondering about our game facilities and wonder that other than LSU---who has better facilities?????? IN football-Tulane's empty dome------bball-nobody--------baseball-Tulane-------Softball-nobody-------track and soccer-nobody------Everybody in agreement?????

Default Re: Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I was just wondering about our game facilities and wonder that other than LSU---who has better facilities?????? IN football-Tulane's empty dome------bball-nobody--------baseball-Tulane-------Softball-nobody-------track and soccer-nobody------Everybody in agreement????? _
    Within the state I agree. But we should not gauge ourselves against the rest of the state. We should aspire for much higher than that.

7. Default Re: Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ Within the state I agree. But we should not gauge ourselves against the rest of the state. We should aspire for much higher than that. _
    Can somebody do a Sunbelt breakdown----and maybe someone else a Southern State or close Southern state comparison?????

As far as quality in sunbelt baseball

Worst to First

UNO
    UALR
    ASU
    FAU
    Cajuns
    Western Kentucky
    troy
    ULM
    South Alabama
    FIU
    Middle

Ive only been to

South al
    ULM
    UNO
    UALR(not for game, just in town)

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have it on good authority that ULM is getting a domed stadium. It will seat 45Kpossible expansion to 65K. All private funding. Not a penny from the state.

They have some folks that came into that Haynesville Shale money. They are immediately looking to make a push for the next opening in CUSA, WAC, anywhere.

Look for the press release before the end of the week.

Z

capacity Baseball

UNO approx. 4200
    South Al 4000
    Cajuns 3755
    Middle 2600
    troy 2000
    FIU 2000
    FAU 2000
    western 1500
    ULM 1500
    ASU 1500
    UALR 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ I have it on good authority that ULM is getting a domed stadium. It will seat 45Kpossible expansion to 65K. All private funding. Not a penny from the state.

They have some folks that came into that Haynesville Shale money. They are immediately looking to make a push for the next opening in CUSA, WAC, anywhere.

Look for the press release before the end of the week.

Z _
    Let them know to save their money on restroom and concessions. They only need about 2 of each.

Just my opinion, I think the Cajundome is the worst BASKETBALL arena in the conference. I know it is a multi purpose facility but, if it was up to me(which it's not) I would

1 have the removeable seats redesigned for closer to the court seating all the way around.

2 Have the big black curtains all the way around blocking the upper deck off unless expecting big crowds. ( approx 6500 to 7000 seats)

3 Add score boards with stats on top of the center score board above. For obvious reasons.

4 Drop all consessions 25%(especially beer)

Football - Worst stadium first:

FAU - not even close
    FIU
    Middle Tennessee - not a fan of the all metal bleachers
    ULM
    UL
    Western Kentucky - small but nice
    Arkansas State - REALLY nice athletic building/suites connected to field
    Troy

P.S. I do not have North Texas listed b/c that is the only stadium I have not been to

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    _ Just my opinion, I think the Cajundome is the worst BASKETBALL arena in the conference. I know it is a multi purpose facility but, if it was up to me(which it's not) I would

1 have the removeable seats redesigned for closer to the court seating all the way around.

2 Have the big black curtains all the way around blocking the upper deck off unless expecting big crowds. ( approx 6500 to 7000 seats)

3 Add score boards with stats on top of the center score board above. For obvious reasons.

4 Drop all consessions 25%(especially beer) _

You are joking right? How is the Cajundome the WORST facility in the belt? What is your criteria for judging? I only ask because I believe the dome to be the BEST facility in the Belt when you combine seating, functionality, parking and game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I was just wondering about our game facilities and wonder that other than LSU---who has better facilities?????? IN football-Tulane's empty dome------bball-nobody--------baseball-Tulane-------Softball-nobody-------track and soccer-nobody------Everybody in agreement????? _
    Best in Louisiana (besides LSU) is not saying much.

Louisiana athletic programs are the most underfunded of any State. The facilities from these schools reflect that. Of all Div. 1-A schools we are easily in the bottom 10. The fact that ULM and Tech are in the bottom 5 doesn't make me feel any better. You?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information