Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: New Scoreboard in the Dome

Default Re: New Scoreboard in the Dome

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ I actually like how in some game they pull the bleachers out behind the main entrance goal. I think it would be cool to make that the student section. That way when the opposing team is shooting a free throw our students are right there making noise behind the goal. It would also be easier to make sure it is a student only section being that it would have 2 entrances.

Also, I don't know how true it is but I like the idea of trying to sale tickets to the 1st and 2nd level only and only opening up the 3rd level when we have overflow. It would be much more intimidating and would look a lot better.

As for fan rowdiness and people inhibiting that rowdisnessWhat happen to the days where everyone was on their feet during big runs? I still remember the game last year when the chicken returned and he was struggling to get people on their feet. It was kind of embarassing. It's almost like the "rowdiness" left w/ the chicken.

GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME CAJUN HOOPS!!!!!!! _
    I think people buy the upper level tickets because of price.

Default Cajundome

Do yourself a favor and go to the next Cajun Bball game to see the sound and scoreboard upgrades!

Default Re: Cajundome

I was also there tonight. and it was unbelievable. Very impressive to say the least. I never expected it to look that good, but the Cajundome looks like a completely different place and has a completely different environment now. it's amazing.

UL Basketball Re: Cajundome

I agree, good stuff!!!

5. UL Basketball Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Tips Off

UL basketball fans got a chance to see the Cajundome's new $3 million scoreboard and sound system on Tuesday night in an exhibition doubleheader for the Cajun men's and women's teams.

The scoreboard was eye-catching. So was La'Ryan Gary.

After a slow start, the Cajuns men pulled away behind Gary for an 87-57 win over Millsaps College, an NCAA Division III school from Jackson, Miss. The junior guard/forward scored 20 of his game-high 25 points in the second half.

"The last time I had a 20-point game was in high school," said Gary, who played at St. Thomas More and Carencro. "That means that I've progressed since last year."

UL went with a small starting lineup, using juniors Ryan McCoy and Randell Daigle in the backcourt and sophomore Travis Bureau, Gary and junior Jeremy Barr in the frontcourt.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 5, 2008

6. UL Basketball Re: Cajundome

The new HD video screen is magnificent and I was extremely satisfied to see the statistics boards in the 'corner' of the dome working. The LED boards on behind the baskets are flashy and will be great for advertising.

Great to see the Cajuns run a little more than last year. A few dunks and alley-oops. Defense looked decent to me.

I went early to see the girls play, but didnt get their roster on the information provided at the door. I would liked to have been able to see the roster and last years statistics for the girls along with the boys.

I did not like the increase in prices across the boards for refreshments. Everything I saw increased in price since last season.

$7.75 for a large beer?! A 9.67% increase since last season.And to top it all off NO BUDWEISER.

Peanuts went up a full 30%. (I was hoping the increase in the football games on peanut prices was a localized thing)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan View Post
    $7.75 for a large beer?! A 9.67% increase since last season.And to top it all off NO BUDWEISER.

Peanuts went up a full 30%. (I was hoping the increase in the football games on peanut prices was a localized thing) _
    If the prices were anywhere close to reasonable, I'd eat at the game.

Instead, I make sure to stop and grab something on the way.

I know I'm not the only one.

It's really something they should consider when setting these prices.

I love the new system. You can feel the bass. During the womens game I kept watching the video screen because of how clear it is. However, $7"75 for dome foam? Why the increase?

igeaux.mobi

_ The new HD video screen is magnificent and I was extremely satisfied to see the statistics boards in the 'corner' of the dome working. The LED boards on behind the baskets are flashy and will be great for advertising.

Great to see the Cajuns run a little more than last year. A few dunks and alley-oops. Defense looked decent to me.

I went early to see the girls play, but didnt get their roster on the information provided at the door. I would liked to have been able to see the roster and last years statistics for the girls along with the boys.

I did not like the increase in prices across the boards for refreshments. Everything I saw increased in price since last season.

Peanuts went up a full 30%. (I was hoping the increase in the football games on peanut prices was a localized thing) _
    Beer was good but 7.75. Damn!!! Its Draft. It probably cost them .25 cents for 32 oz of beer. Also I noticed the workers are actually employees of the catering company. In years past werent the workers volunteers for a local school or something, with the tips going to the school? Video screen is nice!

follow the $

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I believe the price increase is due to the cajundome having to charge sales tax now.

Can someone confirm this?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ The new HD video screen is magnificent and I was extremely satisfied to see the statistics boards in the 'corner' of the dome working. The LED boards on behind the baskets are flashy and will be great for advertising.

Did anyone notice if there were any A/V improvements made in the concessions areas, or if that was only something done inside the actual arena?

I'm really looking forward to Nov 15th. It will be my third weekend traveling to Lafayette for a Cajuns game, but it will be worth it for the home opener.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    I believe the price increase is due to the cajundome having to charge sales tax now.

Can someone confirm this?
    I think you are correct. I remember seeing on the sign that sales tax was included in the price.
    igeaux.mobi

14. Default Re: Cajundome

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Did anyone notice if there were any A/V improvements made in the concessions areas, or if that was only something done inside the actual arena?

I'm really looking forward to Nov 15th. It will be my third weekend traveling to Lafayette for a Cajuns game, but it will be worth it for the home opener. _
    The TVs that usually broadcast the game next to concession stands were new flat screens, but not large ones.

There are large (approx. 50") flat screens in the concession area, but these did not broadcast the games (who not?), but instead had still advertisements on them. It seemed odd to have nice flat screens with no live action or even moving advertisements on them.

That 9.67% increase is the taxes for Lafayette parrish. It was determined by the powers that be the Cajun Dome sales must be taxed this year.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information