Thread: Anybody know

Default Anybody know

If they are going to give a name to the computer science building other the the "Advanced Computer Technologies and Research Hall?

How the softball team did this past weekend?

How Ashley Brignac and Malissa Verde are doing in rehab?

If there are still speed traps along US 165 between Alexandria and Monroe. I would suspect there are still some towns with Andy and Barney on the police force with nothing to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Anybody know

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ If they are going to give a name to the computer science building other the the "Advanced Computer Technologies and Research Hall?

How the softball team did this past weekend?

How Ashley Brignac and Malissa Verde are doing in rehab?

If there are still speed traps along US 165 between Alexandria and Monroe. I would suspect there are still some towns with Andy and Barney on the police force with nothing to do on a Saturday afternoon. _
    Shouldnt 165 be about 75% 4 Laned by now? I heard they still had construction in Columbia??

I took a google trip along 165 but some of it is low resolution imagery and I couldn't tell. Been a long time since I have been to Monroe.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Anybody know

Sorry guys, but anything north of I-10 is too "COUNTRY" for me!!

Most of Hwy 165 is now 4 lanes the speed is now mostly 65 mph but there are still speed traps around Ball and Columbia. Columbia is still under construction and the speed is 30 or 35 mph. I recomend not speeding through there is was pretty heavly policed by the local cops and I have seen many people pulled over. And don't speed through those little towns like Olla either

UL Football Re: Anybody know

Quote Originally Posted by tke415 View Post
    _ Most of Hwy 165 is now 4 lanes the speed is now mostly 65 mph but there are still speed traps around Ball and Columbia. Columbia is still under construction and the speed is 30 or 35 mph. I recomend not speeding through there is was pretty heavly policed by the local cops and I have seen many people pulled over. And don't speed through those little towns like Olla either _
    Thanks for the info on the travel. Since I sold my trucking company 3 years ago I too have not been up North.

I hope to hear something on Softball in the Advertiser in the a.m. would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by tke415 View Post
    Most of Hwy 165 is now 4 lanes the speed is now mostly 65 mph but there are still speed traps around Ball and Columbia. Columbia is still under construction and the speed is 30 or 35 mph. I recomend not speeding through there is was pretty heavly policed by the local cops and I have seen many people pulled over. And don't speed through those little towns like Olla either _
    "Outsider" speeding violations fund all their local operations - after the commissions are deducted. It's like share croppin'.

Olla for sure! Watch for the radar just south of the railroad overpass in Georgetown on the return trip south. Most of 165 is 4 laned north of Alexandria.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Anybody know

Don't know about the first three inquiries but the speed traps between Alex and funroe. OH YEAH, lots of dem babies.

ANY Long stretch of road with hills, OLLA, Pollock, Georgetown(BAD), Columbia.

Just remember this, there are State, Parish, and city police you will have to contend with. THe city cops will stop you if you are 5 MPH over the speed limits in their towns. I KNOW. They will let you pay them direct, so you can go on their way, Georgetown, it happened to me.
    They are poor towns needing revenue. State Troopers are on long streteches of hwy. So, beware of that,the local cops are really bad.

Good luck and see you in funroe.

Geaux Cajuns

Thread Information