Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: BB Final G2: Texas State (10) @ Louisiana (3)

Default Re: G2: Texas State @ Louisiana

I was at the Tigue tonight right behind home plate. From my perspective that was a double dimensional strike zone. I can't remember in all my years of watching baseball a worse umpiring crew. I am going to rewatch this game later this week on espn3 replay to get a different perspective but if it goes anything like what I saw first hand the home plate umpire won this game for Texas state. If you have a strike zone the size of a mouse hole you are going to get tee'd up (literally) like what happened tonight. At this point I don't blame the pitching for getting smashed because what I saw was a two way strike zone. Again, if I see it differently watching the TV replay ill gladly admit getting beat, but I feel like I was a kid getting jacked of my Easter candy tonight

Don't buy that. We got out pitched and out hit. Umpiring was worse than horrible.but that is not why the Bobcats looked like a top ten team.

3. UL Baseball Re: G2: Texas State @ Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Well the coach persuaded the umpire to ask for help. After selling the call like he did punching him out.he should of never asked for help.
    The fact is he was in perfect position to see the play, made a call right or wrong. Nobody else could possibly have a better view of the play. He should be suspended for his next rotation. Robe got tossed for explaining exactly that to him, maybe too emphatic but absolutely right.

It is OK to be wrong, it is not OK to do what he did. Then of course he misses the toss away before stepping on the base by the first baseman for TXST.

They (umpiring crew) must have asked for security last night. They wouldnt let anyone leave the bleachers down the third base side except for the exit nearest the grandstands. John law was blocking all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Think we need Strentz to duck and let a fastball get through.
    I call the same thing last nightdon't duck it would be obvious. Call for an outside pitch off the plate and come inside hard. A Bazar 97-98 MPH. Catcher reaches for in and Opps I missed it.not to obvious. Than the catcher visits the pitcher so the ump. can regroup. Aint that what they do to help one another.If that would have happen after the blunder first base call the crowd would have come unglued

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    2 numbers away from the 50/50. damn the luck!
    Hell I was off by 6000. If your ticket is on the bottom of the jar, well there goes your chances

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    If we lose, will this be the 1st time this season (except Eastern Illinois) that we haven't won on Friday and Saturday, and going into Sunday looking for a sweep?
    Our first Saturday lost

Default Re: BB Final G2: Texas State (10) @ Louisiana (3)

Someone needs to start the game 3 thread. I did yesterday and we lost.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information