Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB Final G1: Louisiana (8) vs Texas State (6)

Default Re: BB Final G1: Louisiana (8) vs Texas State (6)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I hope you're right. Regarding Strentz, it seems like he's been having a tough go at it since he fanned about 5 times against. If all else fails, Thurman is certainly capable as well. It'll be interesting to see if a switch is made at some point before the weekend's over.
    What I see is Strentz in deep in the batters box and they throw him out side for the most part. When he gets his bat on the ball it's on the end of the bat. Sliders and high fast balls on the out side kills him. At least that's what I see.

2. UL Baseball Re: BB Final G1: Louisiana (8) vs Texas State (6)

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    There batting avgs are a little skewed, in conference they are hitting a lot better. They play a lot of really tough midweek games against good pitching texas, rice, houston, texas A&M.
    All I am saying is let's not confuse them with a team that hits hard, hits high average, and on and on. Our pitching has been ragged ever since the UNO game. Texas State is winning games because of adequate hitting and better than average pitching.

They are in third place because they have not had a full week end of the pain train. Very likely to leave tied for fourth or fifth place Sunday evening.

Lots of our out of conference opponents lost yesterday. We stayed at 12 rpi at Warren Nolan.

FYI Alabama at South Carolina on ESPN at 1:00 today. Rooting for Alabama to stay on top the SEC with the series win we have over them.

5. UL Baseball Re: BB Final G1: Louisiana (8) vs Texas State (6)

Bama and USC tied 1/1 top of the fifth coming up. Both pitchers have low count, but the USC guy is way low at only 40 to start the inning. .

Alabama wins 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by rc0909 View Post
    FYI Alabama at South Carolina on ESPN at 1:00 today. Rooting for Alabama to stay on top the SEC with the series win we have over them.
    Florida is currently on top the SEC with only 6 losses, but this was a great win. If they can win the rubber game tomorrow then they will be sitting nice with Florida at home next weekend. Going to be a good series there

Current RPI #9!

Texas lost today
    Cal Poly down 5-0 in 4th
    Houston down 3-0 in 9th

10. UL Baseball Re: BB Final G1: Louisiana (8) vs Texas State (6)

Those are three we want to lose in baseball, but want Texas to win in softball? Hell yea, getting my Longhorn love and hate all mixed up. No, no wait Texas needs to lose a few in softball they are getting too much RPI love.

11. Default Re: BB Final G1: Louisiana (8) vs Texas State (6)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    All I am saying is let's not confuse them with a team that hits hard, hits high average, and on and on. Our pitching has been ragged ever since the UNO game. Texas State is winning games because of adequate hitting and better than average pitching.

They are in third place because they have not had a full week end of the pain train. Very likely to leave tied for fourth or fifth place Sunday evening.
    ------Well I posted yesterday that they can hit the ball---now after 25 hits in 2 games against numerous Cajun pitching---They can hit the ball!!!I think I will go with the interpretation that the stats are skewed having played very good teams!!!

12. UL Baseball Re: BB Final G1: Louisiana (8) vs Texas State (6)

Not buying it. A whole season of stats vs a weekend. They hit the ball because we pitched very poorly.

Boomer you are the king of the NOW is the NORM, when the very definition of the norm is determined by a large sample.

TXST played teams with good out of conference pitching so did everybody else in the league, so I am not going to give them a Papal dispensation for a hard schedule. Just like our HOT bats. Yea they seem to NOT be HOT all the time. We need a refund for lack of performance.

Of the 13 players that play regularly, 7 are hitting below .250and 2 below .170. Only 2 hitting above .300.and one of those just barely. Of those 13, seven have slugging percentages below .350.

I believe we will win the series today, but I'm a bit concerned about having enough pitching for the two against SLU.

Mirror image of Strentz's slump this year to Compton's last year. If I remember correctly, Chase's bats woke up VERY late in the season

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information