Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Game Projected Field of 64

Default Perfect Game Projected Field of 64

I don't see this posted anywhere. Pardon if this a duplicate. They have us opposite LSU.

LAFAYETTE, LA.
    1. Louisiana-Lafayette* (6)
    4. Southeastern La.*

2. Ole Miss
    3. New Mexico*

BATON ROUGE, LA.
    1. LSU
    4. Southeast Missouri*

2. Oregon
    3. Wake Forest

http://www.perfectgame.org/(S(0wm44c.x?article=9776

Default Re: Perfect Game Projected Field of 64

That would be insane! I am going to be in Hawaii the week of the Supers.that would be a tough one to miss!

3. Default Re: Perfect Game Projected Field of 64

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I don't see this posted anywhere. Pardon if this a duplicate. They have us opposite LSU.

LAFAYETTE, LA.
    1. Louisiana-Lafayette* (6)
    4. Southeastern La.*

2. Ole Miss
    3. New Mexico*

BATON ROUGE, LA.
    1. LSU
    4. Southeast Missouri*

2. Oregon
    3. Wake Forest

http://www.perfectgame.org/(S(0wm44c.x?article=9776
    -----Just wondering why we get the close teams and LSU the distant ones--much harder travel and ergo an advantage!!!

If we were a national seed, wouldn't we be playing one of the worse 4 seeds? I think Southeastern may be even good to be a 3 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If we were a national seed, wouldn't we be playing one of the worse 4 seeds? I think Southeastern may be even good to be a 3 seed.
    Technically, I don't think the teams are seeded beyond #8 national seed.

We refer to them as seeds, and they pretty much are. but I don't think there's officially a #2, #3, and #4 seed in the regional.

Could be remembering wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -----Just wondering why we get the close teams and LSU the distant ones--much harder travel and ergo an advantage!!!
    Whomever travels to Lafayette will have a difficult time getting tickets.near or far.

Whomever travels to Lafayette will have a difficult time getting tickets.near or far.
    Which is why treehouses must be built!

I think it was 92 and I sat up in one of the trees for about 5 innings until the UPs finally spotted me and I had to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Which is why treehouses must be built!
    Maybe Phase 2 of the Master Plan can be amended.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Technically, I don't think the teams are seeded beyond #8 national seed.

We refer to them as seeds, and they pretty much are. but I don't think there's officially a #2, #3, and #4 seed in the regional.

Could be remembering wrong.
    Each regional has a 1-4 seed, so yes every team is seeded, and I agree SE would be a damn tough 4 seed. This projection is still laughable considering they are giving CS Fullerton a #3 seed at large… Those guys should just pack their bags now and rest for the post season because I have a strange feeling they will be "rewarded" one of the 64 teams in the tourney despite their terrible season because of the name on their chest…

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Each regional has a 1-4 seed, so yes every team is seeded, and I agree SE would be a damn tough 4 seed. This projection is still laughable considering they are giving CS Fullerton a #3 seed at large… Those guys should just pack their bags now and rest for the post season because I have a strange feeling they will be "rewarded" one of the 64 teams in the tourney despite their terrible season because of the name on their chest…
    They are a 3 seed in a regional. If you are going by "seeding" that means they are one of the top 48 teams in the tournament. With an RPI of 56 and most 4 seeds being bad conference winners, I think that is the right place for them. Making them a host or a 2 seed would be the laughable offense.

Couldn't disagree more. While you are correct, conference champions take up most of the #4 seeds, name me another team with an RPI of 56 (which is only going to drop with their remaining schedule) who was awarded an at-large. I'll wait.

I think it's mandatory to provide a certain number of seats to the teams coming in for the event. If I remember right, we would leave a section available in the first or third base bleachers (C-1 & K-1 I think) for the opponents.

I do wonder if there would be enough space to put some portable bleachers between some of the trees in the outfield. Maybe some decks that would be high enough to let you see over the fence and maybe BBQ for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think it's mandatory to provide a certain number of seats to the teams coming in for the event. If I remember right, we would leave a section available in the first or third base bleachers (C-1 & K-1 I think) for the opponents.
    You are correct on those seats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information