Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Rankings - 4/21

Default Baseball Rankings - 4/21

Some days, you just dont care what the polls say. After yesterday, this is one of those days.

Perfect Game - #2 (prev 2) - http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/.x?article=9762
    Baseball America - #3 (prev 2) - http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle.p-25-april-21/
    Collegiate Baseball - #3 (prev 1) - http://baseballnews.com/polls/ncaa-d.-poll-4-21-14/
    USA Today Coaches - #2 (prev 2) - http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ra.ortId/10031000
    NCBWA - #3 (prev 2) - http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/n.oll140421.html

Default Re: Baseball Rankings - 4/21

We'll probably drop.

Don't want to tumble and roll like tumble weed, just try to stay as high as possible. We should not go far, its the large sample size! UL has 3 losses by one run each, yep one is to UNO who we should have never played but its done. The team and the coaches are doing a great job, and their job now is to get through the season winning as much as they can taking it one pitch at a time and heal up and prepare for the post season. Their goal is ours CWS, win it!!!

in order

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

We played one to two fewer games that week, so the loss Sunday does look worse. I would have thought last week's loss to UNO would have dropped us far. Losing Sunday will not have as much negative effect. We will drop.

I don't think we fall below 4 in any poll nor do I think we maintain any #1 or #2… I think we will be #3 or #4 in all 5 polls

Perfect Game is up. Holding at #2

Not shocked, but a little surprised we are still #2 in Perfect Game. It shows they have a great deal of respect for us though, which is awesome. I thought for sure Cal Poly sweeping Fullerton, a dominant conference foe, would be grounds for them jumping us for #2.

But I mean really, if you examine our weekend box scores, and not just the final score. it shows two gutsy late inning wins and 1 bottom of the 9th melt down where we had the game in control all day. And as someone already stated, 3 of our losses are by 1 run each. Pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Not shocked, but a little surprised we are still #2 in Perfect Game. It shows they have a great deal of respect for us though, which is awesome. I thought for sure Cal Poly sweeping Fullerton, a dominant conference foe, would be grounds for them jumping us for #2.

But I mean really, if you examine our weekend box scores, and not just the final score. it shows two gutsy late inning wins and 1 bottom of the 9th melt down where we had the game in control all day. And as someone already stated, 3 of our losses are by 1 run each. Pretty solid.
    The weekend win over Fullerton just isn't that impressive this season. I think they're 18-16 or something like that. They've been a HUGE disappointment plus their coach was suspended.

How do y'all get 3 losses were by 1 run each? 5-1 EIU (4 run difference), 12-6 Alabama (6 run difference), 14-3 WKU (11 run difference), 8-7 UNO (1 run difference) and 5-4 UTA (1 run difference) I count two one run losses and a couple beat downs.

BA updated

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    The weekend win over Fullerton just isn't that impressive this season. I think they're 18-16 or something like that. They've been a HUGE disappointment plus their coach was suspended.
    While I agree Fullerton is having a down year, a 4-0 week with a sweep over Fullerton (Garza, Weist and Eshelman all had starts in the series and all 3 are quality arms) > than a 2-1 week vs. UTA. I fully expected Poly to jump us in every poll, but I won't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    How do y'all get 3 losses were by 1 run each? 5-1 EIU (4 run difference), 12-6 Alabama (6 run difference), 14-3 WKU (11 run difference), 8-7 UNO (1 run difference) and 5-4 UTA (1 run difference) I count two one run losses and a couple beat downs.
    Oh damn you're right, I was picturing the EIU loss as being 2-1 score, but that was the score of our day 2 victory over them. I didn't check the schedule for accuracy before my post, my bad.

UL Baseball Re: Baseball Rankings - 4/21

UL Baseball Re: Baseball Rankings - 4/21

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information