Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: The Rage Cage

1. UL Basketball The Rage Cage

LAFAYETTE – The University of Louisiana Athletics Department is currently seeking suggestions from fans for a contest designed to name the student section at the Cajundome.

Starting Monday, Sept. 22, fans will have five weeks to enter a suggestion. The top five entries will be chosen the week of Oct. 27-31 and voting will take place on ragincajuns.com from Nov. 1-14.

To enter a suggestion visit ragincajuns.com, click on the ad located on the main page below the weather icon, fill out the questionnaire and click submit.

The winning entry will be revealed at the 2008-09 men's basketball home opener against Louisiana Tech on Saturday, Nov. 15. The fan who suggested the winning entry will receive a prize.

For more information please call Jennifer Miller in the UL men's basketball office at 337-262-3865.

Default Re: Name the Cajundome Student Section

I submitted my suggestion for the name of the student section. Can't tell you what it is just yet though. I'll let you know when it's one of the 5 finalists!

3. UL Basketball Re: Name the Cajundome Student Section

There is only 1 name that would fit. "The Rage Cage"

4. No escaping the tie-in with the monicker Ragin' Cajuns

5. In modern basketball 'CAGE' refers to the Basket.

6. Historically (1910-1915) pro ball was played in a cage.

7. To this day the players are known as Cagers.

The RAGE CAGE

This is Upsetting Re: Name the Cajundome Student Section

Ohstudents go to the games???? jjkinda

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ There is only 1 name that would fit. "The Rage Cage"

10. No escaping the tie-in with the monicker Ragin' Cajuns

11. In modern basketball 'CAGE' refers to the Basket.

12. Historically (1910-1915) pro ball was played in a cage.

13. To this day the players are known as Cagers.

The RAGE CAGE

_
  14. Ding dong---think we got a winner!!!!

Well-How about RAGEin' CAGEuns!!!!!!!

The Void. students don't show up until the last 2 games of the season and games on Espn.

Are them's fightin' words? (for those slow pokes out there, i'm calling out the students. Come to the Dome for games.)

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ The Void. students don't show up until the last 2 games of the season and games on Espn.

Are them's fightin' words? (for those slow pokes out there, i'm calling out the students. Come to the Dome for games.) _
    Should us students call out the ole folks who think they are in the library at basketball games?

Happy Hour! Of course, thats what it was when I was in school. However, I was very disappointed 2 weeks ago in the Red Zone when I couldn't find any alochol for my drink.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Should us students call out the ole folks who think they are in the library at basketball games? _

As a student, i remember the post season game against troy at which the rest of the dome only made noise when they were giving away the mcdonalds coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Ragin' Razz.

Vermilion Vermin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Should us students call out the ole folks who think they are in the library at basketball games? _
    haha. easy Reb, i'm no old folk nor sit on my hands. I'm a 25 year old who enjoys a good dome foam and cajun basketball. I'm not trying to call out the people who are there, it's the large number of people who aren't there. My dad has told me stories of the students packing into Blackham and in the frenzy of a game not being able to hear yourself think. I would like to see that at the dome. I was so disappointed to see when we honored the other athletes at half time last year they came right before half and then left. I'm not the only one on this board who thinks the student section is lacking a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ haha. easy Reb, i'm no old folk nor sit on my hands. I'm a 25 year old who enjoys a good dome foam and cajun basketball. I'm not trying to call out the people who are there, it's the large number of people who aren't there. My dad has told me stories of the students packing into Blackham and in the frenzy of a game not being able to hear yourself think. I would like to see that at the dome. I was so disappointed to see when we honored the other athletes at half time last year they came right before half and then left. I'm not the only one on this board who thinks the student section is lacking a little. _

I agree and i have also heard those stories. I would love to play a big team in blackham so we can fill it up. and i also agree in that the student section is far from perfect. It started at the end of last year and i see no reason why it wouldn't carry over to this season.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun2010 View Post
    _ I agree and i have also heard those stories. I would love to play a big team in blackham so we can fill it up. and i also agree in that the student section is far from perfect. It started at the end of last year and i see no reason why it wouldn't carry over to this season. _
    Trust me it was The Cameron Arena of its time.

Words cannot describe Blackham in the 70's and 80's

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Happy Hour! Of course, thats what it was when I was in school. However, I was very disappointed 2 weeks ago in the Red Zone when I couldn't find any alochol for my drink.

igeaux.mobi _
    You were sitting too far in front of me, I had PLENTY!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Trust me it was The Cameron Arena of its time.

Words cannot describe Blackham in the 70's and 80's _
    Amen, brother! It was exhilarating most of the time.

ROUGE!!! BLANC!!!

ROUGE!!! BLANC!!!

ROUGE!!! BLANC!!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information