Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Game Changes Louisiana Logo to Ragin' Cajuns

Default Perfect Game Changes Louisiana Logo to Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    PG updated
    Awesome! And did you notice they switched our logo to the stacked Ragin' Cajuns wording? This is my favorite logo, I hate the circle with flames logo. I wonder if our temp SID sent them a note requesting the use of this logo? I've heard the Admin state in the recent past that we are trying to switch to this logo as our main branding. I think it's the smart choice and it looks way better.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Awesome! And did you notice they switched our logo to the stacked Ragin' Cajuns wording? This is my favorite logo, I hate the circle with flames logo. I wonder if our temp SID sent them a note requesting the use of this logo? I've heard the Admin state in the recent past that we are trying to switch to this logo as our main branding. I think it's the smart choice and it looks way better.
    It's about damn time

Default Re: Baseball Rankings - 4/14

Best logo we have in my opinion and we never use it. This is the perfect opportuniy!

If we want to capture the LOUISIANA name, we must continue to use the LOUISIANA Ragin Cajuns logo. Not the old circular one that says Ragin Cajuns and not the Ragin Cajuns logo they are now using. We need to always connect Ragin Cajuns with LOUISIANA if we ever hope it will permanently stick. I would be surprised if our SID is not sending the LOUISIANA Ragin Cajuns logo, but if he in fact is sending them just the Ragin Cajuns logo, that is a disservice to our name cause.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    If we want to capture the LOUISIANA name, we must continue to use the LOUISIANA Ragin Cajuns logo. Not the old circular one that says Ragin Cajuns and not the Ragin Cajuns logo they are now using. We need to always connect Ragin Cajuns with LOUISIANA if we ever hope it will permanently stick. I would be surprised if our SID is not sending the LOUISIANA Ragin Cajuns logo, but if he in fact is sending them just the Ragin Cajuns logo, that is a disservice to our name cause.
    Dear God

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I can't disagree with you more. The problem with the hot wheels logo is that half the people that use it, even as recent ago as the NCAA Tournament, they used the 'S logo and not the Louisiana logo. What you don't realize is that the name Ragin' Cajuns speaks for itself. We are building a brand and name recognition through both the University name and sports name.

I think USA Today got it right, they have the RAGIN' CAJUNS logo and next to it, they have "Louisiana". How can you be complaining about that? I guarantee you people don't look inside our tiny little logo on a web page like that and try to read the word "Louisiana". But if they see a huge rectangular "RAGIN' CAJUNS" staring them in the face at #2 in the nation, you bet your ___ they know who it is.

7. Default Re: Perfect Game Changes Louisiana Logo to Ragin' Cajuns

Perfect Game gets their name and logo information from Wikipedia.

I looked at the edit history and there is a Wikipedia user named Treydavis3 who will edit out (and call it vandalism) if Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns is used.

He deleted and changed the Louisiana logo recently.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U.ng#filehistory

He also deleted the link to Louisiana.edu and the correct athletic name on this page.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisi.agin%27_Cajuns

It had referenced this page:
    http://www.louisiana.edu/about-us/me.iversitys-name

The Wikipedia history of Treydavis3 shows he is interested in UT Arlington and UL with a long list of questionable edits for both. Except when he removes UL contributions he does it under the guise of removing vandalism.

Default Re: Perfect Game Changes Louisiana Logo to Ragin' Cajuns

I edited what I could to Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Dear God
    HoustonCajun is correct.

The biggest obstacle to our university's athletic teams being known as LOUISIANA is our failed branding policy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    HoustonCajun is correct.

The biggest obstacle to our university's athletic teams being known as LOUISIANA is our failed branding policy.
    And _____ing about it every thread, every day is doing what to fix it?! Have a f'ng rally at Martin hall if you're so upset about it. Otherwise, enjoy the best stretch in UL athletics history.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Perfect Game gets their name and logo information from Wikipedia.

I looked at the edit history and there is a Wikipedia user named Treydavis3 who will edit out (and call it vandalism) if Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns is used.

He deleted and changed the Louisiana logo recently.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U.ng#filehistory

He also deleted the link to Louisiana.edu and the correct athletic name on this page.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisi.agin%27_Cajuns

It had referenced this page:
    http://www.louisiana.edu/about-us/me.iversitys-name

The Wikipedia history of Treydavis3 shows he is interested in UT Arlington and UL with a long list of questionable edits for both. Except when he removes UL contributions he does it under the guise of removing vandalism.

Myself and others have been fighting this battle for a few years now. There have been numerous behind-the-scenes discussions on what to call us on Wikipedia. The "consensus" is always that we should be called Louisiana-Lafayette. That's why this guy calls a change to Louisiana vandalism. It's been edited to Louisiana probably hundreds of times. Every time it gets edited right back to Louisiana-Lafayette.

We're fighting a losing battle here just like everywhere else.

Wikipedia has rules to judge things like this. There has to be a quorum from users. Basically every time its come up (change name, etc), it gets shut down because its outvoted

What Reb said

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    HoustonCajun is correct.

No, the biggest obstacle is the fact that our university is legally required to NOT use LOUISIANA or UL, which makes it next to impossible to brand anything LOUISIANA or UL.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    No, the biggest obstacle is the fact that our university is legally required to NOT use LOUISIANA or UL, which makes it next to impossible to brand anything LOUISIANA or UL.

It is NOT illegal to brand ourselves as Louisiana.

15. Default Re: Perfect Game Changes Louisiana Logo to Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Myself and others have been fighting this battle for a few years now. There have been numerous behind-the-scenes discussions on what to call us on Wikipedia. The "consensus" is always that we should be called Louisiana-Lafayette. That's why this guy calls a change to Louisiana vandalism. It's been edited to Louisiana probably hundreds of times. Every time it gets edited right back to Louisiana-Lafayette.

We're fighting a losing battle here just like everywhere else.
    Very interesting. That discussion seems to have been about "Page Title" which is not currently being challenged.

The TreyDavis3 character is editing out factual information from the body. Including a simple link to what the school calls its athletic programs today, while inserting what the school called its athletic program in the 1960's and prior.

This is what he called vandalism:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmatics
    The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (often abbreviated to Cajuns) is the official nickname [1] given to the sports teams of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The university is a member of the Sun Belt Conference. The Ragin' Cajuns compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association|NCAA Division I (NCAA)|Division I, fielding 16 varsity teams.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information