Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ULL vs ULA

Default ULL vs ULA

The Big 10 network had us listed as ULA. Authément had nixed that in previous seasons, he didn't want us to be called UL-Acadiana (I think).

Maybe someday we can get just UL listed, but there will always be times we need 3 letters (when we play Louisville, for instance). ULA, IMHO, fits the pattern set by UGA & UVA.

Turb, we need a poll, ULA vs. ULL.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: ULL vs ULA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ The Big 10 network had us listed as ULA. Authément had nixed that in previous seasons, he didn't want us to be called UL-Acadiana (I think).

Maybe someday we can get just UL listed, but there will always be times we need 3 letters (when we play Louisville, for instance). ULA, IMHO, fits the pattern set by UGA & UVA.

Turb, we need a poll, ULA vs. ULL. _
    ULA will win that poll hands down. I think it's a perfect solution. ESPN will never let us use UL, so ULA works.

3. Default

The Big 10 network had us listed as ULA. Authément had nixed that in previous seasons, he didn't want us to be called UL-Acadiana (I think).

Turb, we need a poll, ULA vs. ULL.
    Good points.

igeaux.mobi

_ The Big 10 network had us listed as ULA. Authément had nixed that in previous seasons, he didn't want us to be called UL-Acadiana (I think).

The comentators during the game called us 'Louisiana' and 'University of Louisiana' throughout the game. Also, on the Big Ten Tonight show on Friday night (and again in the replay Sat. morning), the pregame analysts got into a brief discussion of the name issue. The main guy said 'University of Louisiana' " 'cuz that's what they want to be called." Jerry DiNardo said "Ooh La La" and said Lafayette is where they are located, what what's wrong with 'Louisiana - Lafayette'? (ex-LSU coach following the typical LSU response). The main guy came back and said 'U. Of Illinois' is 'Illinois-Champaign', but they just say 'Illinois'. Then he said he didn't have any problem calling us Louisiana. I said 'Way to go, Big Ten guy!" Before anyone says it, it has NO effect on us winning or losing a football game. But it does have a lot to do with gaining respect for our university

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ The comentators during the game called us 'Louisiana' and 'University of Louisiana' throughout the game. Also, on the Big Ten Tonight show on Friday night (and again in the replay Sat. morning), the pregame analysts got into a brief discussion of the name issue. The main guy said 'University of Louisiana' " 'cuz that's what they want to be called." Jerry DiNardo said "Ooh La La" and said Lafayette is where they are located, what what's wrong with 'Louisiana - Lafayette'? (ex-LSU coach following the typical LSU response). The main guy came back and said 'U. Of Illinois' is 'Illinois-Champaign', but they just say 'Illinois'. Then he said he didn't have any problem calling us Louisiana. I said 'Way to go, Big Ten guy!" Before anyone says it, it has NO effect on us winning or losing a football game. But it does have a lot to do with gaining respect for our university _
    Kudos to the Big 10 guys. Dinardo obviously still has a purple and gold pimple on his arse.

What about ulla like ucla? ULLA - U niversity of L ouisiana La fayette. JUst another way out idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun

Ragin' Cajuns Re: ULL vs ULA

I forget what game I saw the CAJUNS play in that was televised on ESPN, but the moment I saw they had us listed as ULA on their on-screen scoreboard, I thought that was the perfect solution and I hoped they would continue using it. Like you, I thought, "yes, just like UGA and UVA!!".

8. Default Re: ULL vs ULA

I like the fact that Houston and Miss Southern both had Louisiana on their scoreboard when we played at their place!!!!! We were meant to be Louisiana in CUSA!!!!!!

If it's not UL or Louisiana, I love ULA. I don't have a problem with a 3-letter name, I just don't like the sound of the repeating "L."

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I like the fact that Houston and Miss Southern both had Louisiana on their scoreboard when we played at their place!!!!! We were meant to be Louisiana in CUSA!!!!!! _
    It was Louisiana at Illinois, too

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ The comentators during the game called us 'Louisiana' and 'University of Louisiana' throughout the game. Also, on the Big Ten Tonight show on Friday night (and again in the replay Sat. morning), the pregame analysts got into a brief discussion of the name issue. The main guy said 'University of Louisiana' " 'cuz that's what they want to be called." Jerry DiNardo said "Ooh La La" and said Lafayette is where they are located, what what's wrong with 'Louisiana - Lafayette'? (ex-LSU coach following the typical LSU response). The main guy came back and said 'U. Of Illinois' is 'Illinois-Champaign', but they just say 'Illinois'. Then he said he didn't have any problem calling us Louisiana. I said 'Way to go, Big Ten guy!" Before anyone says it, it has NO effect on us winning or losing a football game. But it does have a lot to do with gaining respect for our university _
    I don't know what Dinardo's insecurities are, but this isn't the first time I've heard him, or heard of him, saying crap like that. I do know that he needs to quit worrying about what UL wants to call itself and start worrying about how he's gonna feed his family, because since he fell into that job at LSU and failed, his career has been in a nose dive.

Yeah DiNardo is obviously doing very well for himself going from primetime coaching jobs to the Big 10 Network. I've hear this cat on ESPN radio on saturdays and he's a tool. His opinions suck almost as much as his commentary.

The main guy said 'University of Louisiana" 'cuz that's what they want to be called."
    Bingo, it doesn't get any simpler than this.

Now, somebody who knows him needs tell Bobbie Ardoin.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ I don't know what Dinardo's insecurities are, but this isn't the first time I've heard him, or heard of him, saying crap like that. I do know that he needs to quit worrying about what UL wants to call itself and start worrying about how he's gonna feed his family, because since he fell into that job at LSU and failed, his career has been in a nose dive. _
    I don't think Dinardo has to worry about feeding his family. Remember he coached at Indiana for a couple of years and took a couple of million dollars from them. Coaching BCS teams to sub .500 records is a very lucrative gig.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I don't think Dinardo has to worry about feeding his family. Remember he coached at Indiana for a couple of years and took a couple of million dollars from them. Coaching BCS teams to sub .500 records is a very lucrative gig. _
    It doesn't even have to be a BCS program if you can get in front of a jury.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information