Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ULL vs ULA

Default Re: ULL vs ULA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ The Big 10 network had us listed as ULA. Authément had nixed that in previous seasons, he didn't want us to be called UL-Acadiana (I think).

Maybe someday we can get just UL listed, but there will always be times we need 3 letters (when we play Louisville, for instance). ULA, IMHO, fits the pattern set by UGA & UVA.

Turb, we need a poll, ULA vs. ULL. _

Glad to see this resurfacing. I recommended ULA from the beginning. It puts us in unique and rather good company with UGA and UVA. BTW, UGA is the University of Georgia at Athens or GA for Georgia. UVA is the abbreviation for Virginia as the university is located in Charlottsville, so they are not UVC.

ULA makes a lot of sense for a lot of different reasons.

ULA is the same moniker that was listed when the Cajuns played in the 2000 baseball college world series. I have always thought that it was a good abbreviation because no one else uses it. Oh and it doesn't stand for UL-Acadiana, it stands for U Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Glad to see this resurfacing. I recommended ULA from the beginning. It puts us in unique and rather good company with UGA and UVA. BTW, UGA is the University of Georgia at Athens or GA for Georgia. UVA is the abbreviation for Virginia as the university is located in Charlottsville, so they are not UVC.

ULA makes a lot of sense for a lot of different reasons. _
    The only place it is resurfacing that I can see is on this forum.

It may make sense on ESPN etc. in lieu of "UL-Laf" but otherwise it makes no sense at all. We have spent the past 8+ years working with UL as the short version of Louisiana and I have no interest whatsoever in seeing that change. We need to show some backbone and move forward. A sideways step in this is the same as a step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    We were meant to be Louisiana in CUSA!!!!!! _
    LOL! Boomer, you need to sell that to all your old Jesuit buddies over at Tulane.

Actually, I'd take Houston and So Miss and just leave Tulane with Rice, SMU and company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information