Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: Louisiana's Hudspeth Inks Contract Through 2019 Highest Paid Coach in SBC

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Nevermind, i see it now on the "perception" thread. Hahahaha! Wow! Well he melted down on my aforementioned thread as well. Dudes gonna bust a blood vessel! If youre reading this roamingpoke, and you get fed upwelcome aboard! Come support a winner! We'll gladly use your dollars to their fullest potential!!!
    It's the 4th page of the reception thread. Thread started out about being beat. Evolved into me2u, but reality is coming. Unless we move out the suck belt, who would take them?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 103.7 Reporting that Hud has signed his 6-year extension

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    More importantly they need to realize the VAST MAJORITY of the money he is being paid is not coming from funds they can get. If Hud's not here "putting butts in seats", that money is simply not there.
    You and Sportsfanatic are hitting it on the screws. However, it isn't the "vast majority". It is EVERY dime and another 10 fold. Anyone (we pick on the academically blinded) that doesn't see the investment in Mark Hudspeth as perhaps the greatest institutional investment this university has made in a half century. well, they are incurably blind.

I propose that 90% of the businesses in our community, and 75% of the entire alumni base are connected to the university, strictly through athletics (predominantly football). There are literally 20 less obvious reasons that business/community/alumni connections are financially vital to the university. not to mention the obvious transactions we all know about.

Ironically, Hudspeth's compensation is not only not directly available to academics (Thank God). it is the generator of resources, power and money that is available to academics (Thank God).

Default Re: Louisiana's Hudspeth Inks Contract Through 2019 Highest Paid Coach in SBC

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It's the 4th page of the reception thread. Thread started out about being beat. Evolved into me2u, but reality is coming. Unless we move out the suck belt, who would take them?
    Many of their threads evolve into jealous rants about UL. The "ESPN" thread is one example. And when one of our regulars here tried very polity to correct some of their false statements about what is happening here (one of their clowns claims to drive through campus regularly and there is no effort being put into academic facilities according to said clown) he is basically told no one wants to hear it.

Default Re: Louisiana's Hudspeth Inks Contract Through 2019 Highest Paid Coach in SBC

12,000 new fans per game x $110.00 (lowest price season ticket)=$1,320,000.00. That's just from increased attendance.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information