Thread: Jorge Munoz Knows Illinois

1. UL Football Jorge Munoz Knows Illinois

LAFAYETTE, La. -- Bringing different weapons than when coaching at Eastern Illinois, Jorge Munoz hopes not to get burned by Illinois’ Vontae Davis again.

One week after the Panthers lost at Illinois for the second time in three football seasons, the former EIU offensive coordinator Munoz is to return to Champaign as the quarterbacks coach at Louisiana-Lafayette.

So watching Illinois film this week, Munoz has had his fill watching the Illinois cornerback Davis, who two years ago as a freshman had the end zone interception in the third quarter probably thwarting any chances of Eastern upsetting the Illini and now has been projected as a possible No. 1 pick in next spring’s NFL draft.

“He’s good,” Munoz said. “That sucker is talented and big and physical. That’s the kid we tried to pick on two years. Micah (Rucker, the former EIU receiver) hurt him a little bit but he’s also the one who got the interception.”

Illinois has gone from a struggling program in 2006 to a nationally ranked power since Munoz’s last visit.

The rest of the story

By BRIAN NIELSEN, Sports Editor
    bnielsen@jg-tc.com

2. Default Re: Jorge Munoz Knows Illinois

How can we keep playing these schools when they are at their peak????WashSt/ Tex T/LSU/Tulane/K state ---I know board members can add more!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Jorge Munoz Knows Illinois

Boom, I'd hardly call Illinois a team at its peak. In fact, if you look at their conference, Illinois is a middle-of-the-pack team at best with an admittedly suspect defense. If the CAJUNS' D would actually SHOW UP for this game, we'll give the Illini all they can handle!!!

Default Re: Jorge Munoz Knows Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Boom, I'd hardly call Illinois a team at its peak. In fact, if you look at their conference, Illinois is a middle-of-the-pack team at best with an admittedly suspect defense. If the CAJUNS' D would actually SHOW UP for this game, we'll give the Illini all they can handle!!! _
    well considering they were 2-10 when we scheduled them and last year they played in the rose bowl i would somewhat consider that peaking.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    _ well considering they were 2-10 when we scheduled them and last year they played in the rose bowl i would somewhat consider that peaking. _
    Maybe they've already peaked! Well, I can hope, can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Boom, I'd hardly call Illinois a team at its peak. In fact, if you look at their conference, Illinois is a middle-of-the-pack team at best with an admittedly suspect defense. If the CAJUNS' D would actually SHOW UP for this game, we'll give the Illini all they can handle!!! _
    I read elsewhere they look like the Minnesota team that came to Cajun Field a few years ago. We didn't match up very well with them. Then too if we give up 28 points off turnovers like last game, it won't matter if we're playing Mt Carmel.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    . it won't matter if we're playing Mt Carmel.
    The Cubs' powderpuff offense would shred our D.

Thread Information