Thread: Official Softball Rankings

UL Softball Official Softball Rankings

Default Re: Official Softball Rankings

The Sun Belt is doing very well this year. All eight current teams are in the top 140 RPI [out of 293] and Georgia Southern, which comes in next year is at 56, ahead of WKU [62], so those two are about a wash for next year. Appy is slightly below the water line at 161, but not horrendous, so the future bodes well for the conference.

3. UL Softball Re: Official Softball Rankings

VO, South Alabama is not getting another pitcher like Hanna Campbell. Without her they take a huge step back. I know they have another good ace this year, but Campbell drives that bus. Those type pitchers do to grow on trees except for a very few elite programs.

Reminds me of that girl about twenty years ago for Southern Miss, and they ain't been the same since.

Default Re: Official Softball Rankings

Express, I do not expect USA to be top 20 after Campbell leaves, but I do think they will stay respectable, comparable to WKU or GaSo. I certainly do not expect them to fall out of the top 100.

Compared to all the other official RPI sports, the Sun Belt shines in Softball. Only three teams are in the top 1/2 of the RPI pile in both Men's and Women's hoops, and Baseball has all but one in the top half this year, and all but 2 in the top half counting next year's members.

The big difference is in Softball [5], there are more top 100 teams than in baseball [4].

Thread Information