Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: 2014 BB: Louisiana vs McNeese

Default Re: Louisiana vs McNeese

Like I said yesterday.mid-week you need the bats to come alive. Your week end starters can hold the rope until our bats break out.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Yes. I agree. Relieves Jay of having to fill airtime with update after update of scores from around the league. Schneider compliments him well.
    Yes. Compliments him well with relevant discussion.
    GOOD JOB JEFF.Now go post the box score and update the stats page ASAP!

Brian.the Sunbelt is having a tough year. I don't know what to think. We get GA Southern next year, a good program, but we also get Appy State which sport a 165 RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Jace has been unconscious. I kinda expected big things from him though. Didn't know Leonards would add so much to the team. I knew he was a solid ball player, but he's impressed the ____ outta me.
    I guess hitting is contagious.

Ah, even giving up way too many runs, beating the broke backs is just soooo sweet. Now follow up with 3 beat downs this weekend.

Glad to get back in the win column. Another midweek loss would def hurt.

I think the big story here though is getting quality innings from Milhourn against a pretty good hitting team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Glad to get back in the win column. Another midweek loss would def hurt.

I think the big story here though is getting quality innings from Milhourn against a pretty good hitting team.
    It's good to have him back. He really took the pressure off. You have to like our bull pen, but they have been hit up 3 out of the past 4 games. They are still big reason why we are where we are today.

#11 RPI after tonight's win. #13 prior sweep UALR and we might be back in top 10.

Beginning of the year we had Aut, baranik and milhorn eating up 21-24 of the 36-45 of innings in a given week. This week they have eaten up 8 of 45 innings. We are just having to rely on our pen too much right now, we are lucky to have gotten through this stretch as good as we have. Hopefully Aut and milhorn getting some rest, the pen logging innings will work out for the best in the long run. I wouldn't mind a scenario where we could give baranik a week off. Of hopefully the bats can get him a huge early lead in one of these upcoming games and let him sit a little early.

10. UL Baseball Re: Louisiana vs McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by aBuckfromLuck View Post
    #11 RPI after tonight's win. #13 prior sweep UALR and we might be back in top 10.
    Do not count on it. I have not run the numbers yet, but given a sweep of UALR just by itself would result in a modest drop in the Cajuns' RPI (currently at .6026). The Cajuns would need help from their opponents to tread water . and considerable help to log an RPI gain.

That said, the teams around the Cajuns are packed rather tightly. If those teams do not perform adequately, the Cajuns could possibly move up in RPI ranking . despite their RPI dropping. But the teams from the elite conferences can lose games at this time of year (conference play) and still hold their RPI.

#1 South Carolina .6348
    #2 Houston .6197
    #3 Florida State .6131
    #4 Florida .6125
    #5 Kentucky .6102
    #6 Vanderbilt .6089
    #7 Indiana .6074
    #8 Ole Miss .6064
    #9 Texas .6059
    #10 Virginia .6031
    #11 Louisiana .6026
    #12 UNLV .6019
    #13 Rice .5915

#3 -> #9 are packed rather snugly
    #10 -> #12 are packed very tightly

Something to think about . If the game vs. UNO had not been played, the Cajuns would have the #3 RPI in the country, putting pressure on Houston at #2.

Unfortunately, the remaining schedule does not look good for the Cajuns. UALR and UTA will hurt (6 games) . as will ULM (3 games). South Alabama will be neutral at best (3 games). SLU (2 games) and McNeese State (1 game) are probably the best games remaining RPI-wise . followed by Arkansas State (3 games) and Texas State (3 games). The remaining OWP contribution for the Cajuns is a less than stellar .5029 (21 games) . a drop from their current OWP.

Brian

We should have Rick Jones'd that game and canceled it when we saw a rain cloud.

Just win baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Do not count on it. I have not run the numbers yet, but given a sweep of UALR just by itself would result in a modest drop in the Cajuns' RPI (currently at .6026). The Cajuns would need help from their opponents to tread water . and considerable help to log an RPI gain.

That said, the teams around the Cajuns are packed rather tightly. If those teams do not perform adequately, the Cajuns could possibly move up in RPI ranking . despite their RPI dropping. But the teams from the elite conferences can lose games at this time of year (conference play) and still hold their RPI.

#1 South Carolina .6348
    #2 Houston .6197
    #3 Florida State .6131
    #4 Florida .6125
    #5 Kentucky .6102
    #6 Vanderbilt .6089
    #7 Indiana .6074
    #8 Ole Miss .6064
    #9 Texas .6059
    #10 Virginia .6031
    #11 Louisiana .6026
    #12 UNLV .6019
    #13 Rice .5915

#3 -> #9 are packed rather snugly
    #10 -> #12 are packed very tightly

Something to think about . If the game vs. UNO had not been played, the Cajuns would have the #3 RPI in the country, putting pressure on Houston at #2.

Unfortunately, the remaining schedule does not look good for the Cajuns. UALR and UTA will hurt (6 games) . as will ULM (3 games). South Alabama will be neutral at best (3 games). SLU (2 games) and McNeese State (1 game) are probably the best games remaining RPI-wise . followed by Arkansas State (3 games) and Texas State (3 games). The remaining OWP contribution for the Cajuns is a less than stellar .5029 (21 games) . a drop from their current OWP.

Brian
    Well Brian, if i'm reading what you're writing correctly, then losing to UNO didn't matter all that much. Even if we beat them it would have brought our RPI down. Just not as much, correct? So, if you say correct then the only way to win was not to play? How can this mentality be good for college baseball? Also, even though we lost to UNO, in this case, if they had enough common opponents with us then wouldn't the fact that we lost to them actually almost be neutrally productive? IOW, they do play in the southland, and they di, or do play a number of commonb opponents. Wouldn't them beating us bring their RPI up even more than it brought ours down thereby actually heling our RPI more than if we had beaten them? Just wondering.

If I didn't know any better I'd say Robe managed this game about like he did the one last night. It's amazing how hot bats at key times turn a coach from dummy to genius in a matter of one night. Didn't get to see this game either, but it sounded like we got at least as good a game from McNeese as we did from UNO.

Pitching results were similarpain train offense made a triumphant return. 14-0 road warriors!!!!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information