Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Bustle!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Bustle must go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ 60 days does make a difference I have posted my offer to eat crow in a separate thread Fior those who wish to do the "I told you so" feel free No one is happier than I with the way things are working out. _
    Trust me IHLst, my post wasn't pointed at you. It wasnt really directed at anyone.It was just funny reading the thread and remembering how upset, disgusted, and disappointed everyone was after the USM debacle.

Z

I'll admit that this team has somewhat transformed. However, by all accounts, the mental makeover has come directly from the senior leadership (with a few other newer guys demanding more from their teammates). I keep hearing stories of Fenroy, Dez and Zanders jumping up and down players throats for not going all out during practice. I truly this feel this is the reason for the spark. And I really fear for next year when these guys are gone. Who will be the emotional leader. I just don't know if our coaches will bring the same heat.

That being said.wow, isn't this a little fun

I don't think any criticism leading up to this turnaround was unnecessary. At the time Bustle's teams had performed below acceptable standards. It looks like he has got this team on the right track, and I hope that this continues in years to come. I will still stand by my statement a few weeks ago that we cannot extend his contract no matter what the outcome of this year is. As stated earlier in this thread, his current contract is good through 2011. That gives 2009 and 2010 to continue success and earn an extension.

With that being said, keep up the good work Bustle! Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ I don't think any criticism leading up to this turnaround was unnecessary. At the time Bustle's teams had performed below acceptable standards. It looks like he has got this team on the right track, and I hope that this continues in years to come. I will still stand by my statement a few weeks ago that we cannot extend his contract no matter what the outcome of this year is. As stated earlier in this thread, his current contract is good through 2011. That gives 2009 and 2010 to continue success and earn an extension.

With that being said, keep up the good work Bustle! Geaux Cajuns! _
    It is in his contract that he gets an extension with a winning record and a conference title.

I am all for Bustle right now and I think we have talent to continue the winning next year. Next year will be the true test because he loses a lot of key skills players but if he can continue this next year he will truly start to change the culture here.

I now know our future is alot brighter than it was prior to Saturday's game. You can say that pretty much played the game with our 2nd string defense and half our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ It is in his contract that he gets an extension with a winning record and a conference title.

I am all for Bustle right now and I think we have talent to continue the winning next year. Next year will be the true test because he loses a lot of key skills players but if he can continue this next year he will truly start to change the culture here. _
    Sorry for not clarifying don't add anything to the current contract

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ I don't think any criticism leading up to this turnaround was unnecessary. At the time Bustle's teams had performed below acceptable standards. It looks like he has got this team on the right track, and I hope that this continues in years to come. I will still stand by my statement a few weeks ago that we cannot extend his contract no matter what the outcome of this year is. As stated earlier in this thread, his current contract is good through 2011. That gives 2009 and 2010 to continue success and earn an extension.

With that being said, keep up the good work Bustle! Geaux Cajuns! _

Depending on how well he does you do not cut off your nose to spite your face. For example should he go on undefeated for the balance of the season and not get an extension that would be wonderful ammo for ULM, local McNeese alumni high school football coaches, and almost anybody recruiting against us.

Clearly things evolve and so does the bottom line. This is about human emotions, challenges, victories, loses, growth and regression. There is a lot of season left to come down for or against this coach. It is not a NASA formula to get a payload to the moon. Those NASA formulas are a lot simpler than the human ones.

My sole concern with Ricky was that he had seven seasons of limited success and had a very difficult opening schedule. Given that he should now by any expectations be somewhere between 0-7 and 2-5, but instead is 4-3, won 4 of last five, and was competitive against both BCS opponents. Had the first set of things happened he could not be expected to do well with recruiting, but if he just goes 3-2 the rest of the season, he can recruit off of that.

Ricky is a good coach who has had limited success in recruiting, but even that seems to be falling his way. His hard headed idea of honoring offers even when better kids come asking later, getting good athletes who are better people seem to be at last taking shape. If it does he will continue to get even better athletes who are still great people. That is a great position to be in. Some of the kids stepping up are off that 2005 season.

I'm not ready to say either way. The last 3 wins have been great, but there are many games left to play. We don't yet have a winning season, or an invitation to a bowl. So, with that being said, I'm enjoying this Ragin Cajun team and hope Coach Bustle can bring us where we want to go. I was at the last 2 home games, and can honestly say, those were both exciting and fun to see this team play with character and determination. These are positive traits that come from the players believing in their coaching staff. It's a good time to be a Ragin Cajun Football Fan. I'm so looking forward to great second half of the season (after the bye). Geaux UL!

P.S. That defense is looking better and better. Wow! a total team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ I'm not ready to say either way. The last 3 wins have been great, but there are many games left to play. We don't yet have a winning season, or an invitation to a bowl. So, with that being said, I'm enjoying this Ragin Cajun team and hope Coach Bustle can bring us where we want to go. I was at the last 2 home games, and can honestly say, those were both exciting and fun to see this team play with character and determination. These are positive traits that come from the players believing in their coaching staff. It's a good time to be a Ragin Cajun Football Fan. I'm so looking forward to great second half of the season (after the bye). Geaux UL!

P.S. That defense is looking better and better. Wow! a total team effort. _
    I can't believe someone dug up this old thread from the USM game debacle. Some folks are pounding their chest saying "you see I was right". It is a bit early for that but I think it is to early to call this season a success. One thing I think all forget and that is we all wanted Bustle to be successful. Some of us have more patience then others. So for all you Sippers out there I hope in the end you are correct and Bustle is the best coach in Cajun history. We shouldn't be ready to elect him President of the United States or anythingwell maybe we should.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I can't believe someone dug up this old thread from the USM game debacle. Some folks are pounding their chest saying "you see I was right". It is a bit early for that but I think it is to early to call this season a success. One thing I think all forget and that is we all wanted Bustle to be successful. Some of us have more patience then others. So for all you Sippers out there I hope in the end you are correct and Bustle is the best coach in Cajun history. We shouldn't be ready to elect him President of the United States or anythingwell maybe we should. _
    Kool Aid, Kool Aid,
    Tastes Great!

Kool Aid, Kool Aid,
    Can't Wait!

Default Re: Bustle!!!

I will say that he has proved me wrong thus far this season. Lets hope that we continue to win and imporve week in and week out.

I will still say that his contract needs a drastic overhaul. I do not feel that a winning record warrents an extension, it does warrent a bonus such as, an extra months pay for each win over .500. Bonus for a Belt Championship, and for a bowl berth. A bowl victory get an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I will still say that his contract needs a drastic overhaul. I do not feel that a winning record warrents an extension, it does warrent a bonus such as, an extra months pay for each win over .500. Bonus for a Belt Championship, and for a bowl berth. A bowl victory get an extension. _

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle must go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlan View Post
    _ So anyone still think Bustle must GO???? _
    it was encouraging to see the disappointment, and utter desolation after that horror in hattiesburg. encouraging to see how many fans have so much passion and intensity re: this football program. that, my friends, bodes well for our future. a few fans called for the coach's head. spoken in a fit of passion. come home, all cajuns' fans. all is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Trust me IHLst, my post wasn't pointed at you. It wasnt really directed at anyone.It was just funny reading the thread and remembering how upset, disgusted, and disappointed everyone was after the USM debacle.

Z
    Which, no matter what CajunsMike says, makes it okay right now to toss the "B" word around a bit.

Hey, the real job performance evaluation begins in the late evening of Dec 2 so, in the meantime, let's enjoy this high time as much as we didn't enjoy the low time after the So. Miss game.

I recommend checking out the So. Miss fan forum right now for a taste of what it was like. LOL!!!

The man is under contract through 2011. That is plenty of time to make sure we continue to progress without falling back once more. There needs to be no extension given at this time nor in the next year or so.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information